Diablo® III

Wizard going to be bad at PvP?

its kite builds for pvp. leave hydra for main damage.

arcane hydra
blizzard (or living lightning. makes it hazard to get close) or meteor showers
shock pulse
teleport fracture
mirror images duplicates
wave of force teleporting wave (works wonders with mirror image duplicates) (against dh, slowtime will do)

unstable anomaly
temporal flux
critical mass (with living lightning) / illusionist

---
heck, notice dh don't have anything that prevents them from being killed (nde, spirit vessel, unstable anomaly) . you can afk and maybe unstable anomaly kills them. why? cos wave of force reflects projectiles. so eg; the first shot of hungering arrow kills you, then the rest of the hungering arrows get reflected.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 1/14/2013 8:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think wizards will be fine. Demon hunters are overrated, the reason they are so great in pvm is because they are so hard to hit, they won't have that luxury in pvp.
Reply Quote
Seeker Magic Missile (shoot anywhere and hit players)
Hydra (melts players while you focus on staying alive)
Slow Time (gg DH+WD)
Teleport + Fracture (with Oculus for -4sec)
Unstable Anomaly (keep playing after you take lethal damage)

Yeah wizard will be fine..
Reply Quote
Lol. Should do some research before you post things. Legacy Nats gives 2 Disc regen/second. Please tell me how that will grant them the ability to sit in SS for longer than 6 seconds when SS lasts for 1 second (1.5 when runed) and costs 14 Disc.

Would love to hear it.

It also has a hidden CD, it cant be up for more than 1.5s at a time
Reply Quote
Lol. Should do some research before you post things. Legacy Nats gives 2 Disc regen/second. Please tell me how that will grant them the ability to sit in SS for longer than 6 seconds when SS lasts for 1 second (1.5 when runed) and costs 14 Disc.

Would love to hear it.

I don't have legacy nats and I can ss longer than 6 sec.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Monsta
Hungering arrow is a pea shooter for you because your dh has only 100k and you have a slow manticore. My DH has 3+ aps and HA crits up to 300k and snares at the same time using cold soj. Oh and I also have 60 discipline which will give at least 9 sec of total invulnerability. Unless damage and smokescreen is nerfed, DH will dominate pvp.

Oh yes, the ONLY gear I have is on my current char. A STRAFE build where 18% of my CC isn't even calculated for sheet DPS.

I have 70 Disc w/ my Nattys ring. I also don't run archery and steady aim. I've used calamity for 3+APS and dual wielded too. Pea shooter is an apt description. See how long you'll survive against a stampede of bears after a WD sprung BBV.

Dude, I've run all the builds for DH. Most underpowered class compared to screen DPS in the game. Go run an MP7 Azmo kill and time yourself and get your total "true" DPS. Will probably be 2-3x DPS at most if you're really skilled. Monks/good WDs are 8-9x DPS and WW barb is around 7x.

Your 3000 armor, mediocre All resists DH dies. Fast and often in 1 v. 3 PvP

Would love to hear it.

Nobody runs Smoke Screen anymore. But here's the research:

Max Disc if DH has SoJ and DmL (not uncommon): 50

Duration of Smoke Screen/Lingering Fog: 1.5 seconds - Disc Cost of 12.6 if running Perfectionist

Discipline Regen during Gloom: 4.5 (1/second naturally)

Net "Cost" of Shadow Power Gloom/Cast : 8.1 Discipline per CAST (1.5 seconds)

Total Casts: 6

Duration: 9 seconds > 6 seconds

For Perma-Gloom, Legacy Nats are plenty...

Max Disc if DH has SoJ and DmL: 50

Duration of Shadow Power/Gloom: 5 seconds - Disc Cost of 12.6 if running Perfectionist

Spirit Regen during Gloom: 15

Net "Cost" of Shadow Power Gloom/Cast : -2.4 Discipline per CAST (5 seconds)

Cooldown of Preparation: 45 seconds, or 9 casts

Total Discipline available for Vault/SS/Whatever WHILE perma-glooming per 45-Second Preparation Cycle: 71.6

The problem for DHs, as I said above, is that they're pea-shooters and have to kite all the time just to survive. Fun to play tho...
Edited by Frigg#1154 on 1/15/2013 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
I remembered something ...

Multishot DH skill.

I use it on my DH.

- It hasn't no projectile .
- Has instantaneous damage.
- Low AS doesn' t affect it.
- Missile Dampening affix can't stop it.
- With rune Fire at Will costs only 15 hatred.

I think wave of force and slowtime can't stop it.

Probaly wont kill in one shot, but if DH has high DPS and high CC will be hard to fight.

Only teleport will save us ?!
Reply Quote
I read the data mined notes on patch 1.07 last night.

Let's just say Blizzard is going to do a massive buff to their namesake skill (from 210% Damage over 6 seconds to 510% Damage)

Buff that with Cold Blooded/Frostburns (50%) and add in some storm armor: massive auto damage and snare....

Illusionist will also reset cooldown on Slowtime in 1.07

We will be Kulle...
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 02:31 AMPosted by Frigg

It can be 70 . +10 on cloak and +10 on Xephirian Amulet
Reply Quote
It can be 70 . +10 on cloak and +10 on Xephirian Amulet

Is there +10 Disc on legendary Natalya's cloaks too? Nice to know if that's the case. Thanks for the Xephirian tip too.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Frigg
Is there +10 Disc on legendary Natalya's cloaks too?

Not on Natalyas's Embrace, only on rare cloaks. But (4) set Nataly's gives +20 discipline

So that can be 80 o.0
Reply Quote
Hungering arrow is a pea shooter for you because your dh has only 100k and you have a slow manticore. My DH has 3+ aps and HA crits up to 300k and snares at the same time using cold soj. Oh and I also have 60 discipline which will give at least 9 sec of total invulnerability. Unless damage and smokescreen is nerfed, DH will dominate pvp.

Oh yes, the ONLY gear I have is on my current char. A STRAFE build where 18% of my CC isn't even calculated for sheet DPS.

I have 70 Disc w/ my Nattys ring. I also don't run archery and steady aim. I've used calamity for 3+APS and dual wielded too. Pea shooter is an apt description. See how long you'll survive against a stampede of bears after a WD sprung BBV.

Dude, I've run all the builds for DH. Most underpowered class compared to screen DPS in the game. Go run an MP7 Azmo kill and time yourself and get your total "true" DPS. Will probably be 2-3x DPS at most if you're really skilled. Monks/good WDs are 8-9x DPS and WW barb is around 7x.

Your 3000 armor, mediocre All resists DH dies. Fast and often in 1 v. 3 PvP

Would love to hear it.

Nobody runs Smoke Screen anymore. But here's the research:

Duration of Smoke Screen/Lingering Fog: 1.5 seconds - Disc Cost of 12.6 if running Perfectionist

Discipline Regen during Gloom: 4.5 (1/second naturally)

Net "Cost" of Shadow Power Gloom/Cast : 8.1 Discipline per CAST (1.5 seconds)

Total Casts: 6

Duration: 9 seconds > 6 seconds

For Perma-Gloom, Legacy Nats are plenty...

Max Disc if DH has SoJ and DmL: 50

Duration of Shadow Power/Gloom: 5 seconds - Disc Cost of 12.6 if running Perfectionist

Spirit Regen during Gloom: 15

Net "Cost" of Shadow Power Gloom/Cast : -2.4 Discipline per CAST (5 seconds)

Cooldown of Preparation: 45 seconds, or 9 casts

Total Discipline available for Vault/SS/Whatever WHILE perma-glooming per 45-Second Preparation Cycle: 71.6

The problem for DHs, as I said above, is that they're pea-shooters and have to kite all the time just to survive. Fun to play tho...

So who's dominating pvp right now??

FYI my DH has 260k dps and 600k ehp using mostly rares. I could have easily gone with the standard cookie cutter dh gear set of nats, inna's, mempo and vile ward and have close to 1m ehp.

Oh btw, I'd be happy to oblige u to a duel with my pea shooter dh against your wizard ;-)
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 1/15/2013 11:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Monsta
So who's dominating pvp right now??

WD. And it isn't close...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]