Diablo® III

Survival Mode (concept)

So i was thinking about it after hitting paragon 50 from doing pretty much the same route or modify it a little , but still boring after awhile . so i joined general and trade and tried to talk there to keep little busy if RL friends weren't on to keep mind busy but that didn't last long.

So i had the idea , What if a "Survival" type area was implemented into the game where you are to survive against waves of mobs for experience, and loot for having an alternate from doing the same runs over and over.

So then i figured, lets think if we made it so its only available in Inferno, and Each wave increases the number of mobs, type of mobs and Health , damage , and Some "sub boss's" would appear.

Having it start with act 1 creatures getting harder with each wave then after say 10 waves you add act 2 creatures and so forth, and every 10th wave you would get say one of the Acts Sub boss Randomly ( Sk / Spider queen). as for loot since the mobs would be coming to you in an arena reduce the gold and Item outcome but give a bonus chance at items as reward from killing the sub boss's and have elites spawn each wave / multiple times per wave. and reduce the exp a little. But also give reward completing every 5 waves (a resplendent chest maby) and even have goblins a possibility to spawn.

The area , Make it kind of like Sk's room but a little more open and have multiple gates for mobs to enter so you wouldn't be able to just sit at the entrance and kill them as they come with out them building up , or even have them just Spawn randomly. or Make it a moderately small zone that you have to clear and the next wave spawns "resetting" the entire map of mobs.

any way let me know what you guys as the public think

Update:
Here's what we have so far:
1) Give it a Ladder Type system to compete against players For How far you can get (and if it does get to the point a 4 player party clears to the end how fast you do it!!)
2) Unlimited amount of times you can do it daily for Exp / fun / score but put a limit on the amount of times you would be able to get loot from it (if it generated loot)
3) Add Parameters so HC players would be able to Chose how many waves they wanted to go and what MP they wanted it at (would not scale)
Edited by Syotos#1910 on 3/28/2013 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Actually not a bad concept, but the game is based around grinding and I don't believe blizzard would consider this idea unless its for fun. Meaning no exp/loot whatsoever unless the exp/loot was slashed a LARGE percentage of what it is normally. I think the perfect setting would be where you battle The Butcher but it being surrounded with doors for the incoming mobs.
Reply Quote
Kinda like that "Starship Troopers" custom map that's been around since SC1, or an extended version of the Jar of Souls event.

I like it!
Reply Quote
Yeah i understand its all on the grinding but I like i said i just hit 50 and thats not even 1/2 to 100 and that's ridiculous To think how many runs i did and going to have to keep doing, i know with the MP Exp boos their doing it will make a difference but even adding it in with the Larger slashed with just rewards at the end of either 5 or 10 levels would make it a Fun concept to let up the hourless grinds. or give people who dont dedicate Hours and hours a day to the game to say hey lets do 1 run of the survival for some exp since really the alkeizer run isnt optimal for exp unless you play for hours on end.
Reply Quote
I would love to see this added. They really need to open up another house in Tristraim and put in a Last Stand mode. No massive loot of course, because an easy endless wave of mobs will just be begging for bots...
Edited by Connatic#1376 on 1/13/2013 6:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Connatic
I would love to see this added. They really need to open up another house in Tristraim and put in a Last Stand mode. No massive loot of course, because an easy endless wave of modes will just be begging for bots...

theres already bots (just join normal Infernal games) so if u had this just give the loot at x intervals and no gold or reduced gold (or make no durability loss so no gold loss during it ) as well not make it "easy" but moderate in begining and then eventually even if on mp0 make the mobs like they gain MP hp / dmg gaining waves and numbers while gaining the new monsters.
Reply Quote
There was an event in act1 like this. I don't know the name, but you had to stand in the middle of a square room and skeletons kept spawning and you had to survive for a whole minute while the number of skeletons spawning increased. It was the BEST event in the entire game and the most fun for sure! would love to see something like that implemented/improved and the fact that there's an event like this already existing means that it shouldn't be too difficult from blizz's side.
Reply Quote
just bring back the cow level.

An arena loaded with cows to mow through for exp and items.
Reply Quote
I posted the same idea some time ago, i love this, It would be really cool!
What about Timed Event? Like you are in a giant room full of mobs, you have to kill 200 mobs in less than 1 min to win, i think this kind of PvE content would be really cool for the game, but is hard to get Blues/Devs read this kind of posts =S
Reply Quote
cod zombies with loot and exp! PLZ!
Reply Quote
Perhaps a ladder system for "most waves" would be tight.

Perhaps an alternate questline that does "demons are in the keep" a side quest.

Bascially making act 3 overrun with mobs.. as if you never pushed them back. Only available when starting the game with a fresh act (first quest). Defend 100 waves of demons and get epic loot / xp per wave. save the keeP!

More achievements.. overall
Edited by darkthrone#1400 on 1/17/2013 4:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Connatic
I would love to see this added. They really need to open up another house in Tristraim and put in a Last Stand mode. No massive loot of course, because an easy endless wave of mobs will just be begging for bots...

yes! turn a1 into zombie survival!!! but the massive loot comes at the 60th wave where there is no way a bot can fight then 3 packs of blue elites with their own affixs.. no way at all..
Edited by darkthrone#1400 on 1/17/2013 4:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
You are asking something that may requires Blizz to hire new people for Diablo and spend some money on this game.. You may as well ask to end world poverty..
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 05:03 AMPosted by Agathocles
You are asking something that may requires Blizz to hire new people for Diablo and spend some money on this game.. You may as well ask to end world poverty..

their current team could do it.... if they pulled their heads out of their ###'s and stopped promising us stuff and then removing it , yes it would cost "some money" to put time into it to add but in the long run i believe it would "add" more of an endgame possibility what ever they chose to do with it then the current (yes i know diablo grind grind grind game) grind for gear you will never get end game.
Reply Quote
And Possible if they want even more Gold sinks , Make it cost 100k + say 25 demonic essences to enter. boom gold sink and alternate way to lvling , and ill try and find something to counter bots or detour the use of them in it. but either way.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Syotos
Yeah i understand its all on the grinding but I like i said i just hit 50 and thats not even 1/2 to 100 and that's ridiculous

50 is actually only 1/4 to 100, but yeah it's a great idea, sounds fun.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 11:06 AMPosted by x0pht
Yeah i understand its all on the grinding but I like i said i just hit 50 and thats not even 1/2 to 100 and that's ridiculous

50 is actually only 1/4 to 100, but yeah it's a great idea, sounds fun.

lets make this happen! all it takes is a top thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]