Diablo® III

Survival Mode (concept)

i like the idea
Reply Quote
I have been meaning to make a post like this for a while, I always though it would be cool if it was like an event that you did just before the end of act 3. Azmodan's last effort! Hordes of enemy's and monsters pour through the gates of hell, to stop you! It's up to you to defend off the never ending waves of Azmodans minions. Iuuno, I rekon it would be cool.
Reply Quote
I believe this and the endless dungeon style idea have been brought up fairly often. Blizzard doesnt seem to acknowledge them though.

Its a good idea nonetheless.
Reply Quote
Glad you don't work on the D3 dev team.
Reply Quote
+1

This idea comes up all the time, and it sounds like it would be awesome.
Reply Quote
Survival mode or endless dungeon. I am for either one. Equally or more rewarding than the campaign please.

Cut out the **** story and the linear quests and linear maps and cutscene bosses, let us just kill and kill some more for loot.

As many random elements as possible too please, to keep it from getting stale. Multiple randomized maps, randomized enemies and treasure, etc.

It's the best way of fixing this game's PVE in my opinion. By ignoring the unfixable mess of the main campaign and adding in a game mode that's actually fun to grind.
Edited by DeadDragon#1455 on 1/18/2013 4:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Keep the thread alive guys lets get this attention!
Edited by Syotos#1910 on 1/18/2013 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Survival mode or endless dungeon. I am for either one. Equally or more rewarding than the campaign please.

Cut out the **** story and the linear quests and linear maps and cutscene bosses, let us just kill and kill some more for loot.

As many random elements as possible too please, to keep it from getting stale. Multiple randomized maps, randomized enemies and treasure, etc.

It's the best way of fixing this game's PVE in my opinion. By ignoring the unfixable mess of the main campaign and adding in a game mode that's actually fun to grind.

exactly
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 11:06 AMPosted by x0pht
Yeah i understand its all on the grinding but I like i said i just hit 50 and thats not even 1/2 to 100 and that's ridiculous

50 is actually only 1/4 to 100, but yeah it's a great idea, sounds fun.

well, it's actually just 1/5 of the total exp to reach p100, reference here: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1328-paragon-level-chart-the-mf-cap-environmental-hazards-and-witch-doctor-pets-stats-from-followers-fan-art-contest/
Reply Quote
I would love to see this too, but too bad, they won't implement this as I can see how pony level is done, and the jar of soul event is timed, and how the the famous alk run is already the highest mob density in the game...
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 01:51 PMPosted by samuiotoko
I would love to see this too, but too bad, they won't implement this as I can see how pony level is done, and the jar of soul event is timed, and how the the famous alk run is already the highest mob density in the game...

hopefully the new "game director" will be like "this is my time to shine, im going to implement every fun and sweet feature I can to make the players happy."

This would include survival mode, advanced crafting where you are guarenteed items made (not random affix), and good Balance PvP (1st and foremost).
Edited by darkthrone#1400 on 1/18/2013 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 01:54 PMPosted by darkthrone
hopefully the new "game director" will be like "this is my time to shine, im going to implement every fun and sweet feature I can to make the players happy."

While I am on your side on this idea, I have to say "fun" and "good" has a very different perception for individuals. Thus, it's impossible for them to do this and make players happy, there is always the unhappy camp with every single change. i.e. for some very twisted individuals, they complained the fact that they are boosting exp bonus in higher mp, since it devalues the the work they have done pre 1.0.7 to gain those plvl, mind you I am at p98 and I appreciate that change as it made so much sense.

I still hope this game gets some of its core problems fixed, but the general direction that has been laid down won't change much that's at least what I think. All in all, if this game did not bear the Diablo title, more people would have enjoyed it as some ideas are actually refreshing and worked. It just that it bear the Diablo title but did not carry some of the best bits of the legacy that caused all these anger.
Edited by samuiotoko#1231 on 1/18/2013 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
right now i'd say 90% of the people are in the unhappy camp so this should be a new feature. Diablo has always lacked pvp and survival mode. Lets get it!
Reply Quote
Don't nerf loot/exp just make it cost something to enter the area, either a bunch of demonic essences or a portal scroll can drop from act bosses(a reason to kill act bosses yay).
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 04:49 AMPosted by dellamorte
Don't nerf loot/exp just make it cost something to enter the area, either a bunch of demonic essences or a portal scroll can drop from act bosses(a reason to kill act bosses yay).

how about a new quest "leah's nightmare". bascially hordes of cows will attack her in a giant pasture. and at the end lies the king cow. A twist on the cow level and adding a new feature to the game. Make it 100 waves. make it get crazy around wave 40.. make it so it will be near impossible to get 100. Make a ladder for players with highest waves.
Edited by darkthrone#1400 on 1/20/2013 1:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
How about "Tristram Defense"?

Old Tristram and the Cathedral are coughing out zombies and skeletons by the second! Defend New Tristram by strategically placing archers and swordsmen along Old Tristram Road to kill the hordes of the undead. You gain access to stronger soldiers and fortifications over time and from resources gathered from fallen foes!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]