Diablo® III

How will WD play in PvP?

ups i change it, it got a huge mana problem i thinks this build is more okay for me

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfeiUZ!Wba!bcZZaa
Reply Quote
ups i change it, it got a huge mana problem i thinks this build is more okay for me

Nah, pretty sure Widowmakers won't cut it. Each skill needs solid utility. Would change to Medusas, and drop SA for VQ.
Reply Quote
this is build im going to try first for pvp

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gWUieX!ace!YZaZcZ

basic idea is to use toad, hex and horrify for cc + kiting, and use sb+haunt for dmg (like others mentioned for its homing).

Anyone try hexing something then casting toad w/ toad of hugeness? If you havent seen it yet, make a game and find a single mob to hex then cast the toad. Found it kinda funny to watch lol.

edit: apparently toad of hugeness doesnt work on players :P oh well
Edited by Ghebee#1834 on 1/15/2013 5:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hehe, looks like my intuition pre-PTV patch wasn't too bad with this build. I would tweak it a bit though of course. What passives are you guys using (since mana regen seems to be a non-issue)?

Here is a build I came up with. It is hard to know how much of an issue mana regen will be without trying it out in practice:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gZeUTi!fec!ZaZaZZ

Spirit Barrage/WoS (primary damage dealer, auto-target)
Haunt/Resentful Spirit (amplify damage output, auto-target)
Grasp/Unbreakable (keep melee away from you, help with WoS targeting)
Spirit Walk/Jaunt (duh)
Hex/Jinx (depends how well this works against players.... pretty OP against a single elite)
Garg/Restless (not sure how well pets will work... will give opponent something else to worry about)

I don't have any LoH currently, but working in LoH with Acid Cloud or Toads would also be good for PvP.
Reply Quote
Results from last night playing my Monk (75K DPS) vs. another godly Monk (190K DPS), a well geared 85K DPS doggie WD and perma SS DH...

Doggies killed everyone. It's like a constant stream of Fallen Maniacs :D

Great Skills in PvP:
Spirit Walk pisses everybody off....
Hex/Jinx
Haunt/Grasping Spirit
Mass Confusion/Paranoia
Leaping Spiders

Sacrifice Build is OP

Sooooo many fun skills
Edited by Frigg#1154 on 1/16/2013 4:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just to post the thought people have on SOJ's

A friend of mine tested this and they are saying that players seem to not be elites so other then the other buffs such as mana, etc. they are saying the 30% does not show on the tests and they did not sub the riing with another they tested with ring and empty slot.

Maybe some of you on PTR can verify further.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]