Diablo® III

Best place to farm Demonic Essences

Okay i just spent a few hours testing warriors rest:

With my avg gear(200k unbuffed archon and 150k sns/ww).
The best mp to farm on as SNS was 7 with 39.9 crafting items/hour, (mp6=37.8,mp5=37.7, mp8=34.6)
The best to farm as archon is mp5 with ARCANE DESTRUCTION, you wormhole into the elite then activate archon for 1600% dmg(mp5=40.2/hour, mp4=39.4/hour, mp3=38/hour)

A side note on arcane destruction, use force armour or you will literally instagib yourself on a reflect mob, at 250k buffed dps, it hits for over 4mil(aoe) on just activating archon alone.

I compared this to moldrans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxJqTVJvX0

Its roughly equivalent to his insanely geared barb running vault of the assassins and is faster than ww/alkhaizer.

If youre bored, go to mp0, stick on arcane destruction, find an elite with reflect and 1 shot it and watch yourself instantly die like the old inferno days =D
Reply Quote
Try this: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709861696?page=1#0
Reply Quote
I'm with Ossian and above, I'll choose Act 2 Vault. Exit game and re-enter inside Vault. Nice no. of elites there.
Edited by Charlatan#1802 on 1/22/2013 1:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm thinking Black Canyon Mines Act 2. Take WP, loop back to WP - repeat.

Might end up doing a few places to stop the boredom.
Reply Quote
Curious how other people's farming trials are going for top-contending maps. Below are my best results single-map farming on PTR.

- MP7
- SNS 3.01+ with MWBM
- 350k DPS buffed, 400k+ with Deep Freeze up (lol Marquis Ruby)
- Glassy (700 AR, 4000 Armor), but minimal deaths for all maps [RD+Elec]
- Minimum 6 hrs / area

#1. BCM (~45.3 Essence / Hr)

Solid 2-3 elites in tight circle (seen 4, but that might've been Sand Wasps flying over from previous map). I run clockwise from spawn, so that I can finish in the dead-end at the bottom-right corner. If I hit 3 packs before finishing map, reset immediately. Could be even faster if Sand Wasps and Fallen didn't run away.

#2. Warrior's Rest (~40.5 Essence / Hr)

Single Champion pack guaranteed spawn. Start on related quest so that entry will trigger a checkpoint. Travel time to reach Champion deceptively large. Tight spacing can create some tough positioning and also cause trash to block path to Champion if they spawn at the back of the map.

#3. Tower D1 (~39.2 Essence / Hr)

Roughly two packs in a quick WP loop. Run counter-clockwise so I can check the stairs down before getting to right half of map to see if I need to go down there. Succubi suck, esp. elites.

#4. VotA (~37.8 Essence / Hr)

Lots of elites for one predictable map, but travel time between packs is killer plus considerable trash body-blocking paths. Some annoying / deadly mob types.

Next I'm going to try switching to my LoH gear (~1100) so I can drop MWBM and pick up Wormhole to see how that plays (especially in VotA).
Edited by Septic#1763 on 1/27/2013 12:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
^Valuable information for sure. VotA obtaining over 80% of the DE you get from your best place otherwise puts it at the top of the list for me. So much trash means the drops should be nearly double a BCM circle.

200% the legends for 80% the DE. All for that. I just wish there was actually a good use for DE lol. Currently I got nothing to use it for =/.
Reply Quote
Upgrade your Amulet, its limiting your dps.
Reply Quote
Quiet you
Reply Quote
Well the limiting cost is gold, brim, gem not essence for ammy crafting. Everyone is going to end up with a excess over time.

MWBM is slowing you down a TON. Your better off swapping to shell and wormhole and switching to mp6 maybe. With wormhole vota->mine->road works well. Vota has tons of corner to corner teleport spots you may not be aware of. wormhole helps you enter road too.
Reply Quote
Well I plan on doing some serious MP10 Crypt farming in Act1-festering woods.

I can get there instantly (portal) clear the tiny zone with 1 Elite 20-50skeles all in minimal time. My other zone to break the boredom is Act2 Black Canyon Mines. Take WP and loop area, 1-4 Elites, take WP back to town, zone out.

For those that don't know, when you are at a save point in the new patch you start the game in town with a portal to the save point. No more loading into monster infested areas.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Aphraell
For those that don't know, when you are at a save point in the new patch you start the game in town with a portal to the save point. No more loading into monster infested areas.

Which seems pretty sweet for sure. Why not get the VotA portal then, do the BCM waypoint circle back to the waypoint. Jump back to town and for your VotA portal and do your big circle there too? Seems like the best of all worlds. I see no reason MP8 with wormhole wouldn't produce 40+ DE/Hour while still retaining the ability for normal loot drops.

In fact I suspect the loot of such a run would be immense, let alone the (insanely high) boost to xp involved with MP8 runs in 1.07. My guesstimations would be something to the order of 3.5 Legends/sets an hour at 250k dps and max MF. VotA is practically keeps 2 when it comes to massive groups of skeletons. Somewhere around 70m xp/hour to boot.

I'm probably going to just pile DE for possible future use though. Could pay off in the future having 10k or more stashed on release day for a new use for it.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Aphraell
Upgrade your Amulet, its limiting your dps.
Reply Quote
So mean
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 02:55 PMPosted by RulerEric
Well the limiting cost is gold, brim, gem not essence for ammy crafting. Everyone is going to end up with a excess over time.

Assuming nothing changes in terms of recipe costs, which based on the feedback thus far, I highly doubt.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]