Diablo® III

Wizards did NOT get buffed what so ever 1.0.7

Not a single buffed skill crits over what diamond shards do. Diamond shards crit every second no other skill can crit that often.

All the buffs to kiting skills are useless, there for wizards did NOT get buffed on any level. Id consider switching but whats the point if the dps is less ? and cant surive at all on higher MPs?

A buff should be something that helps your main builds, yet blizzard tryes to buff other useless skills that no one will use? Where is the logic in that?
Reply Quote
The idea is that they buff the garbage so that there will be more then 2-3 viable builds.

The skills nobody uses are exactly the ones that need to be buffed.
Reply Quote
LOL, name me one viable build for mp10 pve from these buffs? If you do ill give you 50mill.

Things to consider,
Survival and dps.
Reply Quote
Ok you are not understanding my point. The fact that these skills are not in a single viable build is the entire reason they need a buff.
Reply Quote
Be thankful we didn't get nerfed. :-)

Let's ask Blizz to buff the hell out of our proc coefficients again!
Storm Chaser .25
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
peep my build. i can run mp10 if i swap storm for ice and living lightning/ww for arcane orb. did it yesterday. also swapped cs for ds.

wasn't fast, but it did it.
Reply Quote

Let's ask Blizz to buff the hell out of our proc coefficients again!
Storm Chaser .25

we did get nefred, from the first day we got nerfed each patch, this patch they didnt do anything so in theory were still nerfed.

When youll spend billions on your gear to get your DPS high and realise that any average class out dps you thats when youll say " hang on something is really wrong here "
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 08:27 PMPosted by DomonKassui

Exactly this. When looking over the notes and glanced at Critical Mass before reading what was changed, my heart sank. So glad to see it wasn't any nerfs.

I don't give a flying **** what they do to Wizard at this point as far as buffing goes, all I ask is that they stop nerfing and luckily nothing has happened this time around. Pretty sad I have to be so paranoid about something getting taken down a notch yet again that I'm satisfied they don't even buff much.

Still, the Blizzard changes are quite substantial.
Reply Quote
are you guys blind?!

I cant speak about WD as i havent ever played with one, but 200k SNS wizz, will lose to a 100k barb and now monk in dps. In order to get your wiz to 200k dps ( not archone ) youll need 3-5 billion gold.

So in simple terms, you spend billions of gold to achieve what other classes can with only few hunder mill. How are we not nerfed?

Fail!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Blizzard has said from the beginning that they didn't want people to feel pigeon holed into playing 1 or 2 builds. The idea behind D3 was to allow people to play how they wanted using whatever combination of skills they liked.

Now, I'm not saying Blizzard has achieved this. As you state, if you want to survive MP10, you're CM/WW or dead.

But this patch was heading in the right direction. They didn't nerf what already was working, and they buffed the skills that--currently--no one uses in hopes of encouraging people to try them out again.

No, they didn't buff CMs. While a few minor tweaks would be nice (and a real hard adjustments to passives would be awesome), CMs don't really need a buff. Archons got a few nice perks, and I'm excited to try other builds for farming purposes.

But no matter how well balanced Blizz tries to make all the skills, we, as a community, will always try to and eventually find the "best" build possible for certain situations (farming, Ubers, etc).

Personally, I'm happy with this patch as it is, and things could still be tweaked even further before final release.
Reply Quote
I get 3 skills buffed in this patch so I'm pretty happy with it. :D Oh god I hope they don't decide to re-nerf us like they did in the 1.05 PTR...
Reply Quote
Blizzard has said from the beginning that they didn't want people to feel pigeon holed into playing 1 or 2 builds. The idea behind D3 was to allow people to play how they wanted using whatever combination of skills they liked.

Now, I'm not saying Blizzard has achieved this. As you state, if you want to survive MP10, you're CM/WW or dead.

But this patch was heading in the right direction. They didn't nerf what already was working, and they buffed the skills that--currently--no one uses in hopes of encouraging people to try them out again.

No, they didn't buff CMs. While a few minor tweaks would be nice (and a real hard adjustments to passives would be awesome), CMs don't really need a buff. Archons got a few nice perks, and I'm excited to try other builds for farming purposes.

But no matter how well balanced Blizz tries to make all the skills, we, as a community, will always try to and eventually find the "best" build possible for certain situations (farming, Ubers, etc).

Personally, I'm happy with this patch as it is, and things could still be tweaked even further before final release.

Only noobs have to play cm/ww in mp10. I dont need it. I dont even need freeze.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3GUz-ZobtA
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/16/2013 5:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
are you guys blind?!

I cant speak about WD as i havent ever played with one, but 200k SNS wizz, will lose to a 100k barb and now monk in dps. In order to get your wiz to 200k dps ( not archone ) youll need 3-5 billion gold.

So in simple terms, you spend billions of gold to achieve what other classes can with only few hunder mill. How are we not nerfed?

Fail!!!!!!

We always lost to Monks in term of DPS because of the snapshot. If anything, the DPS gap between Monks and othre classes is narrowed in this patch.

Also show me how a 100k DPS Barb can outDPS a 200k SNS. We are still very efficient in high MP farming, and now Monks lose the snapshot, they are slower than us. DH and WD have never been in the competition except for a few godly guys.
Reply Quote
I think he is talking about dueling balance... but for the love of god, don't balance a pve game around a dueling distraction that has no rewards, progression, or points.
Edited by Shaggy#1317 on 1/16/2013 5:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
It is clear that Blizz wants wizards to be kiters, although I would have wished some changes for archon where I didn't see any changes at all.

I personally actually liked Arcane Orb in the past, would wish there'd be some other buffs to make any kind of build viable. Will see. Overall the patch (although not tested myself yet) looks "ok", it's some smaller steps in a better direction.

By the way, there are some never used, abstruse spells, eg. Arcane Torrent/Death Blossom etc. which I can see being quite fun in PvP. Just blindly guessing here....
Reply Quote
Well, he said SNS Wiz, so no way it can be PvP.
Reply Quote
I'll go with the best approach to have....

No nerf is a buff
Reply Quote
It is clear that Blizz wants wizards to be kiters, although I would have wished some changes for archon where I didn't see any changes at all.

I personally actually liked Arcane Orb in the past, would wish there'd be some other buffs to make any kind of build viable. Will see. Overall the patch (although not tested myself yet) looks "ok", it's some smaller steps in a better direction.

By the way, there are some never used, abstruse spells, eg. Arcane Torrent/Death Blossom etc. which I can see being quite fun in PvP. Just blindly guessing here....

We got a free life now. That was a huge buff and will open a lot of builds up. OP just can't see forest cos his tornadoes are in the way.
Reply Quote
If they make a kiting build actually playable for an average player in MP3 or 4 the buffs will have done their job.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 06:00 AMPosted by Flexyana
Actually, Death Blossom is kinda viable for farming on mid mp levels (4-6) with Living Lightning, Teleport, Arcane Dynamo and Slow Time provided you can survive some burst damage (say 700k EHP with Energy Armor or Ice Armor-Crystallize).
Edited by Elexar#2219 on 1/16/2013 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]