Diablo® III

Wizards did NOT get buffed what so ever 1.0.7

I don't know what happened to working on our synergies. Buffing ranged skills mainly for PvP isn't really working on them...but whatevs no nerfs (so far....remember 1.05 PTR, always remember!)
Reply Quote
Spells like Blizzard and other duration damage spells need further looking into. The buff to Blizz is real nice however it does not solve the under lyin problem which is.....these DoT spells are not effected by ias nor CD which makes anything that does use these stats automatically superior. You lose chance at 400% dmg + IAS which is HUGE.

Cone of Frost, Blizz, Disintergrate, Hydra, etc really needs to be effected by CD and or IAS imo. Perhaps just cut the bonus to 50% or something, what ever the number crunchers feel is fair to balance them right.

I personally do NOT want to be forced to play Archon or CM/WW builds to PvE good but you can't atm even after so called 1.07 buffs which sucks.
Edited by fixit#1698 on 1/16/2013 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard has said from the beginning that they didn't want people to feel pigeon holed into playing 1 or 2 builds. The idea behind D3 was to allow people to play how they wanted using whatever combination of skills they liked.

Now, I'm not saying Blizzard has achieved this. As you state, if you want to survive MP10, you're CM/WW or dead.

But this patch was heading in the right direction. They didn't nerf what already was working, and they buffed the skills that--currently--no one uses in hopes of encouraging people to try them out again.

No, they didn't buff CMs. While a few minor tweaks would be nice (and a real hard adjustments to passives would be awesome), CMs don't really need a buff. Archons got a few nice perks, and I'm excited to try other builds for farming purposes.

But no matter how well balanced Blizz tries to make all the skills, we, as a community, will always try to and eventually find the "best" build possible for certain situations (farming, Ubers, etc).

Personally, I'm happy with this patch as it is, and things could still be tweaked even further before final release.

Only noobs have to play cm/ww in mp10. I dont need it. I dont even need freeze.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3GUz-ZobtA

Get over urself bro
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Ossian
If they make a kiting build actually playable for an average player in MP3 or 4 the buffs will have done their job.

Kiting builds are already viable at MP3-4. They're not terribly efficient, and they never were, but they're viable with some relatively cheap gear.

It doesn't matter what Blizzard does in terms of buffing non-SNS skills, that build will by definition always be one of the most effective Wiz builds because it combines high survivability and high eDPS into one. The bulk of the DPS and survivability comes with no associated casting animation, which will always make those options superior. I'm sure some interesting new builds will come out of these buffs, much like raining meteor builds because popular after 1.0.5 (or whichever patch buffed meteor).
Edited by ChemistCarl#1288 on 1/16/2013 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard has said from the beginning that they didn't want people to feel pigeon holed into playing 1 or 2 builds. The idea behind D3 was to allow people to play how they wanted using whatever combination of skills they liked.

Now, I'm not saying Blizzard has achieved this. As you state, if you want to survive MP10, you're CM/WW or dead.

But this patch was heading in the right direction. They didn't nerf what already was working, and they buffed the skills that--currently--no one uses in hopes of encouraging people to try them out again.

No, they didn't buff CMs. While a few minor tweaks would be nice (and a real hard adjustments to passives would be awesome), CMs don't really need a buff. Archons got a few nice perks, and I'm excited to try other builds for farming purposes.

But no matter how well balanced Blizz tries to make all the skills, we, as a community, will always try to and eventually find the "best" build possible for certain situations (farming, Ubers, etc).

Personally, I'm happy with this patch as it is, and things could still be tweaked even further before final release.

Only noobs have to play cm/ww in mp10. I dont need it. I dont even need freeze.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3GUz-ZobtA

Count me among the noobs with my poor mans Chant wand and amateur gear. Someday when I find that epic loot worth billions to fund upgraded gears I might be at your level. Until then, just wish me--and the rest of the 99%--a little luck :)
Edited by Booby#1301 on 1/16/2013 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
contribute your wiz feedback at the ptr forum, maybe they can review their outlook, they really havent' buffed the viability of other high mp builds other then cm.
Reply Quote
LOL, name me one viable build for mp10 pve from these buffs? If you do ill give you 50mill.

Things to consider,
Survival and dps.

can I collect his reward if i tell you?
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Oneeyedwilly
these DoT spells are not effected by ias nor CD

As far as I know, Hydra is the only wizard skill that is unaffected by CD. I believe Blizzard and all other skills are. Oddly, Blizzard appears to be the only wizard skill unaffected by IAS. Though since the spell coefficient of blizzard is so bad, it doesn't really matter that it is unaffected by IAS.
Reply Quote

As far as I know, Hydra is the only wizard skill that is unaffected by CD. I believe Blizzard and all other skills are. Oddly, Blizzard appears to be the only wizard skill unaffected by IAS. Though since the spell coefficient of blizzard is so bad, it doesn't really matter that it is unaffected by IAS.

I think there original thoughts were that Blizzard covers such a large space, which means each tick can hit more targets than say a WW. WW can hit roughly 3/4 targets per tick, where as blizzard spikes can hit around 7/8 (perfect scenario), however, the fact that it only has 24 base ticks and doesn't scale with IAS, and the fact that the proc co-efficient is only just now (after PTR buff) 10% of WW's, makes it simply a bad spell for anything CM related.

If they would either A) Fix IAS scaling, or B) multiply the proc co-efficient by 10 to be inline with WW, we'd have a spell that wouldn't be bad for putting in our 6th slot for CM. More dmg, more procs, and more cold debuff. It would fit in nicely, but I don't see either of those happening sadly. Blizzard is stuck to kite builds.
Reply Quote
LOL, name me one viable build for mp10 pve from these buffs? If you do ill give you 50mill.

Things to consider,
Survival and dps.

can I collect his reward if i tell you?

i spent it, but ill give you 5mill for sure. The MAJOR issue i find with wiz is that, for example archon, you can get that bad boy of a build to 500-700k dps, most items that add damage is good. You dont have to worry about ias, cc etc.

sns build you find a HUGE upgrade in dps, but its missing that 1% off ias and you cant have it.
Look at my ring without ias, that is HUGE damage boost, HUGE. I refuse to replace it with a ias, cc and cd, because i lose 15k dps and for what? Yet i lack 1% ias and i cant lock down ubers 100%. In order for me to have that kind of dps from that ring ill need to spend billions, FOR the same damage. Makes no sense. Other classes just buff and buff their dps without worrying too much about their abilitys, ofcourse armor and resist is a must but its much more easier to stack high dmg.
Edited by worx#1643 on 1/17/2013 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]