Diablo® III

SNS CD PING and you

Yeah, I'll only include 2.73aps datapoints, which should be everyone else. The only one I'm unsure about right now is worx's data point, since his setup would require using the enchantress to meet the 2.73aps breakpoint (and he didn't mention if he did or not).
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 11:45 PMPosted by Mystikal
killer elite and molitro seem to be anomalies. I wonder what their secret is?

I'm noticing that too... But I don't do anything special. In fact I use the templar as companion, so no buff there.
Since my very first days of >2.73 CM I got multipliers over 7, so this isn't a one time thing.

I'm gonna do another go without companion on MP8, anyway.

Edit: Did a couple of tries. Got a 7.2 multiplier, then a 7.01 (as yesterday, usual SNS, with wormhole, 100-120 ms ping)

There you have the anomaly cast out: The less life, the more important the windup time is... So in MP8 everything is as it should be.

Anyway, if we really wanted to do this right, aside from everybody using the same build and similar APS and CC, of course, we should time a whatever amount of millions of life starting when the windup is already done.

Edit+: as in, I just timed MP8 ghom from 60 millions to 0, took me 61 seconds. So that's a 7.9 multiplier when I'm fully going, discarding the windup time.
Edited by Molitro#2566 on 1/17/2013 2:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Today my Net is a bit better, so I was able to test at 300-310 ms. My multiplier is 4.8, without companion.
Reply Quote
K my latency is always over 250 and I get the 8x muliplier as well...

I know noone wants to outright say it.... but who's using macro's and who isnt. I bet its part of the equation.
Reply Quote
I did it manually. And I think Aph is cheating, 8x multiplier at 250 ms, what bs is this.

Even with the best positioning and the best Twister placing, there is no way I can reach even 7x with over 250 ms.
Edited by novice#1750 on 1/17/2013 2:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oh I use macro, no problem saying it.

Edit: In any case, I don't see the macro being important for the numbers. It just saves hands and keyboards, but actually you can press the buttons even faster than my macro, for example, and in the end the amount of missclicks you get end up being pretty much the biggest hump in getting the maximun efficiency (lag being esential for this)
Edited by Molitro#2566 on 1/17/2013 3:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oh I use macro, no problem saying it.

Edit: In any case, I don't see the macro being important for the numbers. It just saves hands and keyboards, but actually you can press the buttons even faster than my macro, for example, and in the end the amount of missclicks you get end up being pretty much the biggest hump in getting the maximun efficiency (lag being esential for this)

I also use a macro. I have a merc stealth keybaord and I have keys 1,2,3 all bound to key 3. I have no delay or repeat programmed. It just simply hits 3 keys to my one. Shandlar mentioned in another thread that this should be ok since it does not automate key pushing. Just to be safe, I still randomly hit keys 1,2,3 while I am spamming key number 1 just so that it does not look like anything is automated. Also, my templar has 2.2k dps. I use him for mf only. Once I hit 100, I will never use him again. I keep my mouse moving around the target so that the twisters are placed evenly around it, if that helps to determine what the difference in multiplier is due to.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 1/17/2013 3:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm at 150k sheet DPS, 2.73 BP and straight 8x on single target using SNS; my latency is around 50ms
Edited by Mrmorph#2705 on 1/17/2013 3:47 AM PST
Reply Quote

yeah thats low. i'm over 1.3m with SNS
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VQXYhT!bgW!YZcccc

SNS is ^ or with deep freeze while farming. Ping is bad. Whats ur cd?

I believe ping is main culprit to wild differences in SNS multis but need more data.

what was your sheet dps? If i recall your crit chance is quite low
Reply Quote
Eu wiz here, with the following stats.
46.5 chc
349 chd
2.76 aps
DPS 209541

Ghom mp8 70.6m hp
55 sec
Latency 90ms

Which gives me a multiplier of 6.1.
However, when I use Astral Presence instead of Evocation, I get Ghom down at 50 sec which results in a 6.9 multiplier.
Normally mine latency would be around 30, I will test again later with 30ms.
As well, I know I'm a little short of chc, but for farming it doesn't really matter much since I use Deep Freeze =)
Edited by An1mA#1336 on 1/17/2013 4:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
standard sns mp9 ghom
116156 sheet dps no follower
cdmg 192, cc 49.5, apoc 30
2.84aps. ghom is most certainly not perma frozen and constantly attacks
ping 253ms
ghom 98875288 taken 138 secs
716487 effective dps
so 6.16x sheet multiplier

standard sns mp9 ghom
125612 sheet dps no follower
cdmg 192, cc 54, apoc 20 (storm crow to andy)
2.99aps, ghom is most certainly not perma frozen and walkign circles around me
ping 259 ms
ghom 98875288
time taken 140 secs
706252 effective dps
so 5.62x sheet multiplier

standard sns mp9 ghom
127896 sheet dps Enchantress no weapon, just powered armor and focused mind
cdmg 192, cc 54, apoc 20 (storm crow to andy)
3.04aps, ghom is most certainly not perma frozen and walking circles around me
ping 281 ms
ghom 98875288
time taken 124 secs
797381 effective dps
so 6.23x sheet multiplier

I will upload the 3.04 aps cc 54 video to youtube, you can see how perma freeze is probably out of the question for people with high ping.. I'm not sure if its affecting other stuff like loh procs, cm procs for diamond skin as well.

http://youtu.be/9i53KnAQBP0

btw: I have no idea how youtube converted a less than 2 min video into 8 minutes long., everything is SLOW MO.. just ignore the slow mo and look at ghom walking all around...
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 1/17/2013 5:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
MP8 Ghom 70,625,208 HP

80s
118 ms

143726 sheet dps
2.87 aps
51.5 cc
182% cd

Standard sns with cold snap, chain reaction... Evocation and Cold Blooded. No follower.

No automation.

Got lower multiplier with 3.03 aps and 51% cc and 5k more dps... really weird... but ping was slightly higher. I see a nice bump when using time warp.

For the button mashers out there, do you hit 1,2,3 in order or hit all three at the same time? I use a mechanical keyboard so either works. I am wondering if my multiplier is lower because I am hitting 1,2,3 sequentially instead of simultaneous and continual mashing.
Edited by QIpcquebec#1560 on 1/17/2013 6:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ah, saw most of you are using bone chill. Here's another run with bone chill.

MP8 Ghom 70,625,208 HP

69s
116 ms

143726 sheet dps
2.87 aps
51.5 cc
182% cd

Standard sns with bone chill, chain reaction... Evocation and Cold Blooded. No follower.

So that's 7.12 multiplier if I calculated right. Not bad... but not great like the submissions sub 50ms!
Edited by QIpcquebec#1560 on 1/17/2013 6:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Mp10 Ghom 138, 425, 408hp

137 sec
220-240 ms

149 667dps
3.01 aps
55% cc
201% CD

Multiplier: 6.73

Cant freeze as good as most of u guys due to my latency, Ghom move quite abit and i couldnt win cause i got low loh n AR too. But once pulled him up to the top left, things become smooth.

Not sure how well i will perform with 2.74 BP at this latency. If i could drop to 2.74 BP, it will be much cheaper to upgrade my AR n LOH.
Edited by DarrylLaw#6584 on 1/17/2013 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
K my latency is always over 250 and I get the 8x muliplier as well...

I know noone wants to outright say it.... but who's using macro's and who isnt. I bet its part of the equation.

Aph doesnt know maths me thinks. video like mine please showing skills and dps and kill for these wilds outliers.

Oh an I wrote best macro ever for those interested.

1. sends 123 at random times between 37-82 ms
2. sends 123 in 6 random order since there are 6 permutations possible

impossible to look machine. looks human

aimless1700 at gmail.com
Reply Quote
Quick Question:

Do any cms with high CC/IAS ever try Arcane Destruction out instead of TP? Seems to me like it'd almost be worth it to pop on for 1600% boost then pop it off. The recharge should be rather quick and should be a decent AOE hit?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@schenko7

I think people played with it when it first was modified in 1.05 (?). Never seemed to catch on.

With any modification with CM/SNS, as soon as you do something with an attack turn it means that you're not dropping twisters. And if you're not dropping twisters then you're not proc'cing, resetting cooldowns, and doing damage.

I've only done a little bit of testing, but I imagine people that have done more will say that anything that does an extra attack turn will never beat out standard SNS.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
That's also why if someone swaps out TP for something else for +damage, its always an ability that does not have an attack turn: Magic weapon and Familiar. I don't think Slow time uses an attack either. And even if it does, 8 seconds inbetween castings isn't gonna hurt too much.

---- sorry for enabling the hijacker. lol.
Reply Quote
Quick Question:

Do any cms with high CC/IAS ever try Arcane Destruction out instead of TP? Seems to me like it'd almost be worth it to pop on for 1600% boost then pop it off. The recharge should be rather quick and should be a decent AOE hit?

i tried it. Nothing is worth losing wormhole for. all the ww metoer builds the electrify and so on IMO. besides not all that even if you're willing to lose it. time canceling and long recharge is beat by venom weapon vs gohm.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/17/2013 7:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've tried rotations like
ds
fn
eb
wave of force or teleport calamity

and it doesn't add on any noticable damage from what I can see..
teleport calamity is survivable, but wave of force gets me killed fast from slowing down the ww.

(however including teleport safepassage spam does allow me to run no freeze mp10. I've tested it earlier using sns build + replace evo with blur, frost nova with magicweapon electrify) but its rather pointless.

I've just tested meteor instead of eb earlier but it eats into ww attack turns so I cannot use crystal shards ,so it ends up a lower multiplier than using eb as well.
--
I suppose the only way you're going to get more dmg out of sns is to toss in magicweapon electrify and give up teleport) and get conflag to proc somehow if you aren't using firewalkers. (storm crow ball of fire, or follower)
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 1/17/2013 7:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]