Diablo® III

SNS CD PING and you

Don't forget me TekkZero! ><

You can either use the average of all runs or my highest, doesn't matter to me. I do use that electrify build a lot when farming high MP, not just to multiplier peen so don't dismiss it as such, it's legit.

If you rather I do multiple runs of that highest multiplier build to get an average before putting me up that's fine too, let me know - it's all SNS though so shouldn't matter.

Honestly though I'm probably just gonna see how really high I can go and do tests on actual elites on MP10 that I keep perma frozen with electrify and deep freeze. It will easily be 12x multiplier..easily.

If someone really wanted to they could just get ET SOJ with 3 aps and at least 58% CC and destroy us all lol. their sheet dps would suck bad though so wouldn't matter much, would still be a fun test!
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 1/17/2013 8:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
For me the discrepancy between the two break points may simply be from the damage to elites bonus I get from using stormcrow at 2.86 aps versus using andariel's at 3.03 aps.

It is really clear from the current data that better ping is absolutely a prime factor in increasing the multiplier. So that really sucks for everyone with a ping over 100 as we will never be on par with those with great pings.

East Coast servers please..........
Reply Quote
View profile
For me the discrepancy between the two break points may simply be from the damage to elites bonus I get from using stormcrow at 2.86 aps versus using andariel's at 3.03 aps.

It is really clear from the current data that better ping is absolutely a prime factor in increasing the multiplier. So that really sucks for everyone with a ping over 100 as we will never be on par with those with great pings.

East Coast servers please..........

100ms or so is a lot better than 200+. What part of Quebec are you in? Our multiplier should be about the same based on ping. Perhaps mine is due to my keyboard macro.
Reply Quote
@MasterJay: I will certainly add you, but I need to have your latency numbers and if possible, please don't use your CC+ for ET. The goal isn't to have the highest stats possible for the best multiplier, but to have a representative picture of latency with standard SNS. Players with stats outside the typical range will add further variance and skew the picture. :)

EDIT: nm saw u edited ur post with ur ping. I'll add the average of ur first two measurements to the list, since it's closest to the standard setup. :)
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 1/17/2013 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
@MasterJay: I will certainly add you, but I need to have your latency numbers and if possible, please don't use your CC+ for ET. The goal isn't to have the highest stats possible for the best multiplier, but to have a representative picture of latency with standard SNS. Players with stats outside the typical range will add further variance and skew the picture. :)

EDIT: nm saw u edited ur post with ur ping. I'll add your first measurement to the list, since it's closest to the standard setup. :)

Don't use my Mara's? dude lol my Mara's is my SNS build if you know me you know that! I am end gaming with that, had it planned for months (might have to re-evaluate that cuz of this crafted amulet stuff though).

That other amulet I got is simply for archon farming. I sat @ 90k dps forever cuz of that Mara's stubbornly, just ask Aim lol. It's not misrepresenting at all and it's not for the multiplier peen, it's what I actually farm with....

ET CC tops the charts, I been preaching it for months. It is what it is, there's a reason why Aph has that Slorak's wand besides double CD... not meaning to be smarky or defiant with it, but I will test using it because it's the amulet I use.

My ping was 67 - 72 on all tests, so I suppose you can average that to 70 ping.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 1/17/2013 8:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Updated Stats for Ghom Test:
n = 23
------------------------
List of Players (Ranked By Slowest-to-Fastest Latency with Accompanying DPS Multiplier)
novice = 500ms/3.4x and 305ms/4.8x
worx = 300ms/4.95x
Fatamorgana = 275ms/6.9x
chrisloup = 253ms/6.16x
Torrential = 250ms/4.7x
DarrylLaw = 230ms/6.73x
tekkzero = 129ms/6.9x
Vikesfan353 = 125ms/6.62
killerElite = 116ms/7.76x
QIpcquebec = 116ms/7.12x
SteelPhantom = 107.5ms/7.21x
Mystikal = 103ms/7.05x
molitro = 100ms/7.7x
Worloega = 100ms/6.72x
cykikvisage = 98ms/6.72x
Ossian = 74ms/7.43x and 84ms/7.17x
MasterJay = 67ms/7.9x
ximae = 55ms/8.1x
boozor = 55ms/8.4x
Mrmorph = 50ms/8x
aimless = 24ms/8.8x

Currently Not Added DataPoints
An1mA = 90ms/6.1x - not added (unclear if Bone Chill was used or not)
flowmotion = 108.5ms/6.23x - Removed from correlation, since aps is 2.18aps

Correlation Coefficient: r=-0.9056, p <0.0001
Bootstrapped Correlation Coefficient (Lower 5th Percentile): r = -0.7665, p <0.0001
Best Fit for Predicted DPSMultiplier: DPSMultiplier = latency*-0.0103 + 8.4144 (with normR = 2.35)

And here's the updated graph for those interested: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/paperdpsvslatencyj.jpg

REMINDER: I will not add players without latency posted or if they are not using standard SNS: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VQYXhT!bWg!YZcccc . You can have a different skill for teleport, but you should not use it in the test. For now unless people request it, measurements with outlier stats from the norm, such as very low/high CC (<40cc or >60cc) or IAS (<2.73aps or >3.33aps) will not be added. Also, to ensure that the test is as consistent as possible, please try to minimize adding additional variance to your measurement, such as letting Ghom moving around (perhaps move into the left hand corner) or running out of AP (you shouldn't be running a deficit at full windup). Though please feel free to contribute even if you don't meet these requirements. It's just already so hard to quantify with so many variables to address. If I have accidentally added someone to the list that doesn't follow these guidelines, please let me know and I'll remove them.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 08:40 AMPosted by TekkZero
EDIT: nm saw u edited ur post with ur ping. I'll add the average of ur first two measurements to the list, since it's closest to the standard setup. :)

Actually that's the furthest thing from my standard SNS set up. stated in parenthesis it's for sheet peen (archon farming). I probably shouldn't have used it but it was to prove a point with higher sheet dps.

#2 is the closest and doesn't have any ET CC so you can use that one if you please, but if you ask anyone that knows me I've used ET CC Mara's for months now, I got my archon amulet and lowsy CD chants last week.. that's why I just averaged it.

#1 is mainly to show how much sheet dps with lower aps gets crappy mutlipliers... I haven't been 7x multiplier since like 1.05... my average is exactly what is stated below 8.4x.

EDIT: It's cool use that for now I'll just redo em later and add latency to each one as well as remember the following reminders :)
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 1/17/2013 8:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
chrisloup = 253ms/6.16x
Torrential = 250ms/4.7x
DarrylLaw = 230ms/6.73x

Right there are the biggest outliers. Need to compare their gears closely.
Edited by Worloega#1821 on 1/17/2013 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
@MasterJay: I'm not telling you can't use it or post it. It's rather informative actually to see very high CC measurements. Rather I cannot in good conscience include it in the list for the relationship with latency. The goal of my running tally isn't to test high-end gear for this measurement or an e-peen contest who can get the best DPS multiplier, but rather investigate the role that latency plays in a SNS wizard's effective DPS multiplier.

That's why I want measurements in which people have fairly close gear in terms of gear setups (such as CC, IAS, and AP regeneration). It's certainly possible for each one of these factors to play a role (including CD), but they'll confound any test in which we're interesed in latency. I'm letting CD go for now, since that's gonna be very hard to put restrictions on right now. The best way to investigate CC, IAS, and CD is for people to make repeated measurements, and minimize the variance in their ping and other stats. :)
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 1/17/2013 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
@MasterJay: I'm not telling you can't use it or post it. It's rather informative actually to see very high CC measurements. Rather I cannot in good conscience include it in the list for the relationship with latency. The goal of my running tally isn't to test high-end gear for this measurement or an e-peen contest who can get the best DPS multiplier, but rather investigate the role that latency plays in a SNS wizard's effective DPS multiplier. That's why I want measurements, in which people have fairly close gear in terms of CC, IAS, and AP regeneration.

Okay gotcha understood, that's fine then. Your average matches #2 with no ET CC anyway so that's okay.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 1/17/2013 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Tekk - Thanks again for all hard work and contributors. Mine is 8.66x tho.

And you do need to toss MasterJ's MW run.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/17/2013 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
@MasterJay: Sure, I like that you got a higher measurement in #3 and that shows that maybe you're theory is probably correct about CC being important; however, measurements 1 and 2 are the closest to everyone else and they have pretty similar DPS modifiers too. But next round I update, I'll change your value to measurement #2. :)
@Aimless: Kewl, I'll update that next round. I'm just trying to do my absolute best here to minimize variance here, as Loroesse's intial concerns of highly variable gear between players being problematic rings true.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 1/17/2013 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tekk - Thanks again for all hard work and contributors. Mine is 8.66x tho.

And you do need to toss MasterJ's MW run.

Nah it's cool bro I see the latency test is more important so what I am going to do is redo 4 standard runs keeping very close attention to latency through out the fight end and start latency and record that. Not gonna use MW just time stretch to hit 3 aps (which is more important to test @ my latency to see the effects).

I see what Tekk is saying, the 7.9x (or 8x) flows nicely at my latency to what the others have. If I go using gear they could never get (like my Mara's) and skew things further it misrepresents the latency flow HOWEVER it does break the myth that 'oh he only has that multiplier cuz of his latency'.

Like you said electrify kinda pointless to test on just 1 target when its benefits truly shine only on elites or ubers.

I'll have those runs later for yah Tekkzero @ Aim :)
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 1/17/2013 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

your keyboard support 3 key in same time ? mine only 2

Yeah I have a nkro steel series game KB. But what should I mod ms times to for more human on like a cheap Dell?

if you are simulating a nkro, you can spam 123 the same pattern all the time .

I use my razer mouse macro recorder to record the keystrikes of spamming 123 pressed together on my nkro keyboard

the interkey interval 1,2,3 is 0.05 seconds (50ms).
each block of 123 spammed has a delay of 110ms to 190 ms (time interval of all keys going up and all 3 keys going down again together)
and going at this speed will cramp my hand fast.

if you are doing a real psuedo random interval between keys eg (1,2,3,3,2,1,13,2, randomly) and it ends up as a gaussian distribution, then its actually more likely to be identified as bots. humans aren't truely random.)

stuff like behavioral biometrics will allow them to see outliers

these are rather interesting articles
http://www.cs.wm.edu/~hnw/paper/hop.pdf
http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/teaching/security/hw/keystroke.pdf
http://www.syssec-project.eu/media/page-media/3/platzer-icics11.pdf

point being: pretty sure they can detect it,. but they probably won't take action against it.

ie: behaviour is outlier + warden detects macro software + long repetitive play time that will give normal humans carpal tunnel = using macros.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 1/17/2013 9:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Interesting stuff Chris! So perhaps good ol 123 would be best?
Reply Quote
TekkZero I know you're just doing latency / correlating co-efficient to multiplier comparisons but I think everyone here listed their dps / aps as well. if you could put that up as reference would be super awesome or at least the aps since that's effected by latency the most...

Meanwhile I'll just see if ChuckTaylor and Aph is on so that we can all combine our ET CC gearing together; my Mara's with Chuck's skull grasp and Aph's Slorak's and make the most overpowered SNS multiplier wizard ever and not tell you! Mwahahaha... 21% ET CC + 64% CC @ 2.74 break point with ~140k dps @ whoever has the highest latency! THE PEEN, MUST HAVE THE EPEEN!

I kid ..maybe >:D
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 1/17/2013 9:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sure, I'll start adding it, but it may take me a bit to do. If someone wants to organize the data for me (that's no trivial task), I certainly can use it and start providing an analysis seperating the 2.73aps from the 3.00aps breakpoint.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 09:43 AMPosted by TekkZero
Sure, I'll start adding it, but it may take me a bit to do. If someone wants to organize the data for me (that's no trivial task), I certainly can use it and start providing an analysis seperating the 2.73aps from the 3.00aps breakpoint.

I would but I gotta go walk the dogs before my roommate gets mad :(
Reply Quote
Quebec City area. 30 Mbps connection with a reputable provider. My ping seems to vary between 95 ms and 125 ms.
Reply Quote
sorry but I don't play one of these "freeze wizzies"

can someone tell me what SNS stands for? I've always wondered that.
Edited by PR4Y#1891 on 1/17/2013 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]