Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

90 Undead Rogue
I imagine JW sitting at his desk right now, reading the vitriol spewing from this thread, and laughing.

He's laughing because he made a metric sh*t ton of money for himself and Blizzard/Activision and they are allowing him to take the lead on the next wallet pillaging game, and people will buy it hand over fist.

You can hate him all you want, I detest what he has done with this franchise, but he made profits, and that's all any company wants from an employee. He did his job and did it well (on the balancing books).

Spew forth fellow haters, but know this, JW did what he was paid to do, turn a profit.
Reply Quote
Jay, good luck and best wishes for your future!

For the next Game Director, I have only one thing to say: hopefully from now on, the chiefs in Activision Blizzard will let you to develop the game around the players, not the RMAH. Otherwise, we will never have a real Diablo sequel.

And for real Diablo sequel I mean: the smile on the face every time you create a new character (Barbarian and Necromancer animations ftw!) and being late to almost every appointment because the usual "just another five minutes then I turn off" become an indeterminate period of time (basically, like Soon™).
Reply Quote
I loved Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and i never knew Jay had anything to do with it until recently.

Seems the arpg genre is just not for him.
Edited by Krystonosetz#2434 on 1/18/2013 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
i was pretty upset with the way the game launched and how slow it picked up, but now i feel you guys are making solid progress. hope you enjoy your new project however, it will be interesting what direction the game goes in now.
Reply Quote
Lets all face it... the game is not dead and it certainly won't die without a fight. It has a great canvas to work with, now it just needs reworked and brought back to life!

Add 5% (at max) proc's to all items in the game... as a 7th possible category... so they will stack to 50% if you find em all! Chain lighting/freezing/fireball/ shielding anyone!?

So many possible neat things can be done now. I'd like to see a new stat called "Zealotry" which will make all monsters within 10 yards attack you... this would be a barb tank staple and be pretty neat for group games where you are supporting glass cannons and have alot of thorn dmg... Just an idea.

Example Helmet
200 Str
150 Vit
80 Ar
5% crit chance
5% chance of Zealotry
2000 Damage returned to "All attackers" Ranged and Melee

this would be godly and so fun if you found 10 with % (rolls would range from 1% to 5% or 5% to 10%... something like that
Edited by TheOneRaven#1565 on 1/18/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I imagine JW sitting at his desk right now, reading the vitriol spewing from this thread, and laughing.

He's laughing because he made a metric sh*t ton of money for himself and Blizzard/Activision and they are allowing him to take the lead on the next wallet pillaging game, and people will buy it hand over fist.

You can hate him all you want, I detest what he has done with this franchise, but he made profits, and that's all any company wants from an employee. He did his job and did it well (on the balancing books).

Spew forth fellow haters, but know this, JW did what he was paid to do, turn a profit.

So what you're telling us, is you're a guy who loves jay wilson like a teeny-bopper loves justin beiber?

Dude, you're a freak.

Erm, no?

Where did you get that from? The part where I said I detest what he did to the franchise or...?

I'm not giving the man any love, no, no, no, but I'm merely stating a simple fact.

He made money for the company, which for them, makes him a successful Lead Developer.
Reply Quote
you could have put a hobo plucked from the streets in charge of developing diablo 3 and it would have sold amazingly well on namesake alone.

also, that hobo probably would have released a better game than jay.

This.
Reply Quote
[quote="75914306463"]Hey everyone,

I wanted all of you to be some of the first to know that I've made an important decision about my future, and how that decision will affect the future of Diablo.

Hey Jay, i just want you to know that for me you belong between 4 most important people for Diablo: Dave Brevik, Jay Wilson, Max Schaefer, Erich Scgaefer

Good luck

Your name is immortal now, you did awesome, fantastic job!
Reply Quote
Who's Jay Wilson?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]