Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

01/18/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Gastank
Thanks for the great game Jay and team. Good luck in your next projects.
Reply Quote
It is a shame that Jay Wilson's main legacy will be 'Ebay I'll Win soon'

I have enjoyed the short time I have played D3 and I appreciate Jay and the Dev team created vision of this game.

I look forward to further improvements as Blizzard is known to stand behind their games.

I wish you all the best in your next challenging project and hope you find godly drops where ever you chose to seek for them in real life.
Reply Quote
Chief Creative Officer
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Rob Pardo
If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me.

I'm so confused now.
Edited by Ketchup#1231 on 1/18/2013 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
How about we just move forward. I love the game and so do 10s of others. :)

"cant we all just get along"

btw...error 395015 is haunting the PTR. sad. Just bought a CC Natalyas Reflection wanted to test it out.
Edited by Imperium#1547 on 1/18/2013 5:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well Rob Pardo, you released a unfinished game, that the core truth...

And then, in some point, the comunication with the costumers was lost. (moustly in the beggining of the problems).

Someone had to take the Heat...

Thanks for beign candid...
Edited by Shadgrone#1591 on 1/18/2013 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Mr. Pardo, I just want to say something about Diablo 3 on a personal level.
I was introduced to the game in the begining of June. A friend, that we have a
sommer house with, was playing it on his laptop. I watched for a few minutes, download
the free version, and within the hour bought the full version. I HAVE BEEN HOOKED EVER
SINCE. This is, by far, the most satisfying game i have ever played. Im on the edge of my
seat the entire time. Thankyou for your commitment to this game.

BattleBra
Reply Quote
View profile
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

I think the hate comes from those who over-hyped the game, which Bashiok warned us. The game is not bad, but it's not what we've come to expect from Blizzard. I'm not satisfied with the current game, but I'm patient and will provide feedback and hope for the best. Many of the haters are just impatient. They want immediate results. Blizzard always work on their games after release. If they are not satisfied with the game, they should provide feedback and have a little more patience. I feel that too many people threw the towel away too fast. They jumped on the hate-wagon.

For the haters, I recommend them to go play another game and return to the game once every 2 months of so, to see if the game is "back on track or not".
Reply Quote
ditto
Edited by Imperium#1547 on 1/18/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote

Seeing a post like this leads me to believe that Jay has seen some of the hurtful comments in this thread and is possibly (and likely) disheartened by them. I know what you mean when you said "This thread saddens me greatly".

I just want to say, if the response was due to someone being overly upset about one side of the community here (the hate side) then know that it is a small minority that are IMHO nothing more than disrespectful. Yes some people out there wanted the game to be different, but I believe your team has done an admiral job adding in new features. Most game companies don't give a !@#$ after the product is shipped and the sales are good.

Try to disregard all the hate speech, know that the majority of us actually do have respect for Jay and wish him the best in his future endeavors.
Reply Quote
Haters hiding behind the anonymity of the internet are not worth getting upset over.

Game was great, it's not perfect, but it's pretty damn good.

The vermin that infests in this forum on the other hand...
Reply Quote
If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game.

What about all the people that quit the game because they were extremely disappointed by D3? Most quit quietly while others gave many ideas about how to improve the game --- and then quit because they were ignored. Many threads with many walls of texts with constructive criticism that got ignored completely.
Reply Quote
I'm sorry Rob, but after waiting years to play a game for years, I've put hardly any time into this game. It's reward structure isn't there. The concept of the RMAH has destroyed this game.
Reply Quote
View profile
Me? never had issue with Jay wilson. He released a good game with your help rob.

It can be better, but what game cant?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Rob... you gave me the experience of a lifetime. I was finally able to play with my dad and my brother again on a game that we all can play, despite having an ocean between us, and for that - you have my loyalty. It is an amazing game with an amazing team, whether it be the Community Management team... everyone helped produce something that had my dad crying when the three of us finally beat Diablo.

Thank you for a lifetime of fun.

Thank you and the team for pushing me to pursue English as my second language.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]