Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

01/18/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Rob Pardo
If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game.

I've written plenty of threads with ideas or input for other people's ideas and none of my threads have had a blue response (the only response that matters).

Communication between blizzard and it's fans in the forums is quite bad in my opinion. You people need to find someone who is just committed to writing on the forums with either informative posts or just whatever posts that don't even need to pertain to Diablo 3. Also the number of posts need to be large so the players can tell that Blizzard is actually their and cares about the fans thoughts and ideas.

As for the game itself, you took D3 and made a gamble. I won't be the one to say if you won or lost, just that the results reflect this comment: "So just like, lower those expectations, but still definitely buy the game please, and everything will be just fine. K?" -- Bashiok.

If people have expectations it's better to both listen to them and respond to them in agreeing and implementing or disagreeing and reasoning.

Plus the fact that the demo video that showed D3 gameplay was completely false and made up, the massive density of enemies, the epic battle with the siege breaker with death animation followed by an ambush of skeletons. Kinda irks me there...

Anyways, I hope this game will get better, but I know that it won't be the game that I was hoping for.
Edited by DeMasked#1233 on 1/18/2013 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

This is very true. As someone who works in a very large group of people I know that messing up if everyone's fault. As for Diablo 3 I think that it's an okay game, but it's not a game we've come to expect from Blizzard and much less a game that's worth being part of the Diablo franchise. I think the reason Jay Wilson got so much hate is because a lot of people held Diablo in a special place in their heart and Jay Wilson was more or less the face of Diablo 3.
Edited by j33bus#1182 on 1/18/2013 5:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]