Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

I am going to have to say as others already have, the game is not what it could have been. However, I still play it often and have enjoyed it on and off since May. So if all you can say is that it lasted half a year, that is still an accomplishment. Keep working on it and I will be more than happy to pick up the expansion. Keep in mind though that I never had any expectations for PVP; it always sounded like a bad idea to me.
Reply Quote

I would love to know who came up with the rmah idea. Or who decided to make the loot boring lol. No member of the team wants to take credit for that.

The RMAH is not really a problem. Loots are.

They need to add more inspiring affix that can be rolled by rares and need to remake a lot of legendary items.

What good is it of they make inspiring affix's for loot that I will never find in 9999999 hours of play time
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 can be the game everyone wants. It might take another year or more. Diablo 2 was a process and so will diablo 3. We are in a new age of gaming. Good Luck! And my best wishes.
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

We need real itemization, Rob.

Please.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
So how about that Titan
Reply Quote
I just wish all these terribly upset players that threaten to leave would actually do so.

If your done with blizzard games then cya later.
Reply Quote
The loot and RMAH go hand in hand.
Reply Quote
I truly believe that:

1. The community should be heard when there's something that upsets it's majority.

2. A big part of this community is a bunch of trash talkers who should'n be taken seriously.

Why?

If you really don't like it then please, enlighten us and tell us what you would do in the development team's place.

I'm really tired of constant QQing on the forums.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
The RMAH is not really a problem. Loots are.
They need to add more inspiring affix that can be rolled by rares and need to remake a lot of legendary items.

Both are. Rmah is too casual. Selling gear for real money during D2 was reserved for the more hardcore players. I never did it and none of my friends did.

I did however sell items on the rmah. It was just so easy and it was right there one click away from the normal ah and i had an ok item so I would sell em for like $2-10. These items would never be sold without Blizzard enabling it. One wouldn't go to the trouble. It enabled me to sell my loot easily and when something is easy you gravitate towards it.

I think both auction houses were a mistake. It's fine in Wow because you can't get the best gear on the ah so w/e. In Diablo it just killed the loot hunt for so many players.
Edited by Ironstorm#1410 on 1/18/2013 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Its great that you want to take blame from Jay. I think its odd that you haven't read about this stuff BEFORE. If you go to youtube and search for "jay wilson", all the videos have negative comments. There is so much negativity surrounding his name that *I* will never buy a game he is involved with. It's been almost a year since the game came out and you're asking how you can improve it? Is this a big joke? There have been countless threads on how to improve the game, and SLOWLY you fix things. It's like you're out sourcing your programmers, so you're at their mercy. I often wonder if this is why you guys are SO SLOW at fixing this game. 10 years for this? You let down everyone who played the previous Diablo's. You have so much time to make a perfect game and you hired someone whose insight was extremely poor. He took the game in the wrong direction. You both should be fired. If you hadn't sold so many copies off the backs of D2, you both would have been.
Reply Quote
Jay could have played it safe but he didn't. The decisions were not only bold but progressed the genre and that's why I really enjoyed Diablo III. Anyone can design endless skill trees. The hard part is designing a game where every skill is valuable when considering its use with other skills. This is where D3 excels. I am saddened to learn of Jay's departure. That's right sad. I wish you good luck and thank you for an excellent game.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It defiantly made me sad when I first read the news, as I think Diablo 3 is a great game and that Jay did a wonderful job with it. However I had decided to not comment because, well I don't usually frequent the Bnet forums because of the seemingly childish audience. Well, after reading Rob Pardo's post I felt I had to add my own opinions, because I honestly feel there's way too much animosity towards Jay, when I don't think he deserves a bit of it, or anyone on the team for that matter. Every game in it's infancy is going to need improvements, especially ones as large as Diablo 3. And I personally would have had fun playing been there no content patches after release. But there has been changes, and I can't think of but a handful of minor things that I wouldn't keep, and I have nothing but the excited feeling of what else Blizzard can add to D3. I've personally spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours in the game already, and I'm not going to stop any time soon.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide at Blizzard Jay, and to not take most in this thread to heart. Diablo 3 turned out better then I had expected, and each patch just helps to make it even better.
Reply Quote
lol dude.....blame is for the entire staff for not doing as great as expected on the game. i dont feel that hammering jay was the best approach because when it comes down to it, it was a collective flop. you guys HAVE NOT brought more to the franchise as far as gameplay is concerned. all you guys basically did was reboot diablo 2 with a new storyline and better graphics. if anything, you ve SUBTRACTED elements that made d3 s predecessor great. stop trying to take credit and give credit when at the end of the day, you guys, all of you in the developement seat have created a big let down. is d3 fun? yes, for what it is. do i still feel like playing d2 more? yes. if d2 had the graphics that 3 does and the horrible spamming was gone, i wouldve stopped playing d3 a couple months after it came out.
the biggest problem comes from the fact that you released it too early. i think developers hearts and creative minds were in the right place. but you listened too much to the fans crying about having it released, which was the biggest mistake because if you d have waited even another year, it would be much more of a complete game then it is now. and now you arent listenening to the community enough in order to improve it.
one of the worst approaches by the powers that be is that you have overwhelming pride in an incomplete project, feel like you have to defend yourselves to criticism and tell the community that they are wrong with many opinions, and that its been made to seem like its "your" game because you guys worked so hard on it. you need to get it in your heads that this is OUR game. OUR franchise. we put hundreds and hundreds of hours into playing these games. we re the ones that put the money in your pockets when we bought the final unfinished product. you should concern yourselves with making your fan base more satisfied, not scrutinize us and ban us for our opinions.
i dont have much negative to say about jay as an individual. but at the same time, when he took on the job, he shouldve been more than prepared for the criticism that followed because thats what happens. its like being the president. you re going to be subject to negativity no matter what. just gotta take the good ideas ppl have and shield off the bad.
all in all i do thank jay for the work he did do. and the continued efforts. i still stand to say that if you d have waited a while longer you wouldve had a crisper more attractive game. now its time to listen to the community and do what needs to be done before this game is completely forgotten about. i dont want to see it happen. ive waited too long already for d3 to be released. wouldve gladly waited a little longer for a complete game instead of a hyped beta with broken promises. ill still be here just like all the rest of the community that still plays, waiting for better things to come.
a last minute example of how to respond and be more involved with your online community is to look at how transformers ds (the first game) was handled online. the ppl in charge were very involved with the community and responed most of the time to the fans. it was one of the best online communities for a video game ive ever been a part of. anyway, good luck. hope i dont get ban hammered or have my legendary drop rate diminished for speaking my mind.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the honesty Rob. I wish Jay the best and I'm looking forward to your continued refinement of D3.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Rob Pardo

A good advice is to spend the next 3-5 years playing D1 and D2 again and again. Nothing better than experience how things work with your own hands and brain. Just an advice :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]