Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

Wow sorry to see you go Jay, best of luck on your next project!

Estimated deleted post count: over 9000
Reply Quote
bakudannar The old Blizzard games didn't need a online only auction house Monopoly game to Profit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

This quote bothers me, Rob didnt say he "is" presently the executive producer of d3, so does that mean he was replaced and that person had influence of JW leaving the game?
Reply Quote
Rob Pardo, you have failed many diablo players, diablo roots(old diablo) boosted buys over 15M of sold copies. So Jay's job was to make smash and bash effects and nothing special boss fights? And YOU hired this guy? Im really sad to see you fail first time Rob, really sad. And it took 7 years to make diablo 3(alpha), why is that? Is because you lost brilliant minds at blizzard? Blizzard north cant boost you anymore? Or what is it? Stop sucking and feed Jay Wilson(he will look like azmodan soon) and make only good games ahead of your time. Playing blizzard games for over 15 years, blizzard always used to be the best, WoW started to fail last 3-4years with all easy mode changes and Diablo 3 was in alpha stage and still is TBH. Start making good games without !@#$ ideas, get some people with ideas. And i really hope Jay Wilson wont big position in Titan project, hopefully his job will be just smash and bash effects. Goodluck Rob.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 02:08 PMPosted by bakudannar
D3's problem is that it's compared to both WoW and D2. The dev team chose to walk the middle because it would be too easy one way and too hardcore the other. Unfortunately, being in the middle provokes the vocal fan minority in each group.

Well put! I myself find myself doing that as well since I've played both genres before and see elements from both in D3. Perhaps that's wrong, but as you pointed out I bet I'm not alone for better or worse.

All I hope for now is that we continue moving forward in the right direction (which we have been doing in my opinion). Although it would be nice to see us getting there quicker, I'm also aware that it will take time. Just hope it won't take all year or more :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Very proud of what D3 accomplished? What exactly did it accomplish besides ruining the diablo franchise? And obviously, the community deserves a better game. Or even a remotely good game.
Reply Quote
mr Pardo.

You can't possibly be surprised of the reaction here?

Jay's arrogance, insulting David Brevik, mocking the fanbase and just flat out bad communication lead to this.

At some point you guys need to be a bit humble and realize that the reason for you guys can keep doing what you do is because of your loyal paying customers.

Even if you have a different view of the game you don't insult and mock the fanbase. Jay learnt this the hard way and I for one am glad he is gone from Diablo. Maybe there is hope for this franchise.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to say this again for everyone to read, dont let the door in you in the butt on the way out.

P.S. Thx for Ruining all of my friends experience with diablo 3 by giving us a shafted version of it *Golf Clap* For a multi Billion dollar company you sure showed us!! but hey i guess thats the way companies work today kinda like NHL or Monsanto they just do what they want and dont listen to anything else but their pride.... GG Jay
Reply Quote
Kudos to a manager that sticks out for his employees :) Next step, recognize the bad call. Move on, hire someone that is actually an expert in ARPG, fix the project. Don't waste resources arguing with the players. We are the end users and always right.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Very sad to see some of these replies here.

Good Luck Jay.

And to Mr Pardo - Keep it going.

I want some awesome stuff at blizzcon this year.

(PS Can you guarantee me a ticket?? I Really really wanna go and am saving for charity tickets)
Reply Quote
I'm sorry to say this, but I honestly feel like there might be a bit of hope for this title now that Jay Wilson is gone.

A lot depends on who Rob Pardo hires to replace him, and just to what extent the "new" direction is allowed to differ from the old direction. If we're to take Mr. Pardo at this word, the direction of D3 came from him, and Jay was just in charge of executing it. The fact that the big boss came down here to tell us off, apparently without having bothered to understand why there's are so much anger & bitterness towards Jay in the 1st place... isn't as positive a sign as I'd hoped for. It's great that the higher-ups have finally deigned to notice the storm that's been brewing here, but I've yet to hear the real mea culpa that would convince me that a true change of course was imminent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]