Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

Agreed. This list pretty much sums up why people are upset and before someone comes in and says "haters just leave" this kind of post and complaints about the game can be found on any Diablo related site on the internet.
It is for sure long. But it is full of the generic. tiresome non-constructive whining that D3 is not exactly D2 and thus has less "depth".

You claim the whining in that post was constructive. I am sorry but saying something like "dumbing down" is the landmark of non-constructive criticism. "dumbing down" has become a meaningless term people use whenever they don't know how to complain about things. It is like "bloat" and "badly written" . Except that it has the added "appeal" that of course, anyone who disagrees with you is dumb. That's what complaining about "dumbing down" brings to the table.

Did D2 really have that much depth? It did have a lot of fake difficulty that forced you to reroll character. Those who are the victims of D2's nostalgia call this "replayabaility". In reality it is merely an illusion of replayability. It didn't actually add depth. This same post complains about how "unique builds" are of no use in D3 inferno. Which is a bit hypocritical. Because as anyone who played D2 without nostalgia glasses on would tell you. Hell had this boring, fake difficulty system to make all monsters immune to all elements except physical. You complain about how D3 "removes depth" by removing the difference in weapon dependence from physical and spell builds. Well, D2 had it much worse because spell builds were inviable to solo in Hell. Every freaking monster was immune to at least two elements. Not resistant, downright immune No surprise that D2 late game had only around 2 or 3 viable builds per class. Not that different from the current state of D3. With the added charm that if you didn't get an exactly good build you have to restart over. A D3 equivalent of this would be to delete characters with a 87% chance whenever you reach inferno.

At the end that post should go to history to the ultimate proof of how terrible this community is at giving feedback. How dare Blizzard not make a complete D2 clone when making D3. Because everyone knows that D2 was the completely perfect game with no flaws that deserved only to get copied without any alteration. Every single thing that D3 does different than D2 is to blame for how it "reduces depth" or ruins the game. And of course posts that just preach to the choir and repeat cliches that were repeated over and over again are applauded as if they were the second coming.

And of course add up RMAH crying. I don't like the RMAH , but it is staying. I actually foresee Blizz going further in p2win in the future. And you are fooling yourselves if you think that Jay or Rob are to blame for this. It has Vivendi - Activision written all over it.

Yes D2 had that much depth. Personally, I thought the story was better, the atmosphere was darker, the itemization and items overall were better, and those are just a few things. The entire stat points thing, I don't mind that much but customization is a good thing. They could've added a feature to respec just like they do in WOW. At times it feels like the game plays itself for you, that gets boring after awhile. No one expected them to create an exact duplicate of D2. I and many others thought they would take the foundation Diablo and Diablo 2 had and expand upon that. They created a brand new Diablo game, but not a sequel. If that were the case all along, they shouldn't have advertised and marketed as a sequel to Diablo 2. Then maybe people wouldn't care as much.

Also, there have been a lot of very highly detailed constructive threads on these forums even before the games release. The concerns started way back in beta. I agree, some of the feedback is in very poor taste, but for every 1 of those kind of posts you see there are 10 other ones that are mature and constructive.
Edited by Vexel#1434 on 1/19/2013 5:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

umm most people under 10k kills prob started and quit because its not the game it should have been how hard is that for people to grasp??

Then you should just quit and stop spamming the forums with crappy suggestions?

That's what I do when I dislike a game I downloaded/bought, I don't come back.

How hard is that for people to grasp? If you love D2, then go back, it's still there for a reason.

crappy as in suggesting ways to fix the game so it could be on part with D2 and possably improve upon it?.... Im here the same reason that everyone else was and is here. We were shown a game that well frankly is not even what they promoted and second does not even live up to the Diablo name...
Reply Quote

Then you should just quit and stop spamming the forums with crappy suggestions?

That's what I do when I dislike a game I downloaded/bought, I don't come back.

How hard is that for people to grasp? If you love D2, then go back, it's still there for a reason.

crappy as in suggesting ways to fix the game so it could be on part with D2 and possably improve upon it?.... Im here the same reason that everyone else was and is here. We were shown a game that well frankly is not even what they promoted and second does not even live up to the Diablo name...

Yet thousands and thousands of players are still playing and enjoying the game.

Your opinions are subjective, but I still blame you casuals for making the game so easy the way it is now, yet you don't even touch the game, only spamming the forums with your whines and QQs.
Edited by fathom#6674 on 1/19/2013 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
And another thing, the only online DRM forces us to suck it up and live with whatever you guys decide to do.

Look at the gothic series (1, 2 and 3... 4 isn't a gothic game). Gothic 1 and 2 were great games. Gothic 3 was a complete and total mess when it was released... hell, it was so bad it makes Diablo 3 ARPG of the century. But you know what? Gothic 3 wasn't an always online game, there were and still are people passionate enough of the series that small communities and indy programmers made Gothic 3 into what it should've been in the first place: a true sequel to Gothic 1 and 2. Why not with Diablo 3? Why aren't you guys listening or why aren't you letting the COMMUNITY fix it for you? It's free, it doesn't cost you anything. You'll make an even bigger profit off of it!
Reply Quote

Your opinions are subjective, but I still blame you casuals for making the game so easy the way it is now, yet you don't even touch the game, only spamming the forums with your whines and QQs.

there was millions who bought the game yet only thousands still play. the numbers don't lie. within 3 months the game lost like 90% of the player base. go do a search on google. there sites that track this crap and it shows how badly this game missed the mark. a very large majority dislike this game
Reply Quote

thats because i went back to playing D2 ....
Reply Quote
I agree if blizzard truly wants to thrive they will put on their big boy pants and show their ARPG fan-base that they will continue to grow and exceed expectations. I look at the release of POE as a good thing. It will force the team to push their creativity and their ability to read the forums and come up with something that will draw our attention back in.

I predict they will have new leadership before February. I really like the ideas i have read on here as they are all legit. Proper leadership will put this ship back on track and the evolution will continue. I will stick with it. Hopefully you all will too.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Nubtub
What is there to like about D3? I'd be surprised if theres even 1000 players logged on right now

I dont care about how much players plays this game, I just like it, it has nothing to do with playerbase :))
Reply Quote
there was millions who bought the game yet only thousands still play. the numbers don't lie. within 3 months the game lost like 90% of the player base. go do a search on google. there sites that track this crap and it shows how badly this game missed the mark. a very large majority dislike this game

Reference. Its easy to make broad generalizations. Show me what you found because i have looked and have not been able to find such data.
Reply Quote

That's because those "millions'' and "90%" are bad players like yourself that jump to the newest play station and pokemon games that jump onto the newest game wagon.

thats because i went back to playing D2 ....

Good, then stay there.

haha so we are bad players now cuz we don't agree with your view. your childish comments really explain why you like such a dumbed down baby game
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 03:34 PMPosted by TopStock
I guess bots post now too...

Aaand you guess wrongly :) Paragon 100 and trash gear does not mean botting, but that I love Diablo 3 and play it my way sir.

Again, thanks for D3 Jay, your job made me happy.
Reply Quote

haha so we are bad players now cuz we don't agree with your view. your childish comments really explain why you like such a dumbed down baby game

Stop deluding yourself into thinking the game will only be made for you.

Get a job and face reality idiot.

You're pretty dense arent you? If you think the majority of people quitting d3 are because theyre bandwagon gamers, you're absolutely retarded.
Reply Quote

Stop deluding yourself into thinking the game will only be made for you.

Get a job and face reality idiot.

you are projecting your self onto others. you seem to think the game is only made for you and is great because you like it. it doesn't matter that the large majority hates it. if you like this game so much i would expect more from your profile. you barb isn't even as good as bad players barbs. so i assume you are just a troll now
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
Whatever project he moves onto will be the next fail project for blizzard. What happened to Diablo III beggars belief.

Dear Rob,

The community has posted what needs to happen to the game in BETA and just after the game went live. David Brevik also backed (or said himself) a large potion of those ideas but Blizzard's Diablo III dev team took a massive offence to what he said only because you know how badly this game is going and lashed out and attacked him.

Are you really wanting feedback when you don't listen to it?

There is only this much hate for the game because it isn't Diablo III!

Diablo II was better then Diablo and Diablo III should have been better then Diablo II and it just isn't.
Edited by Bogross on 1/19/2013 6:09 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]