Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

@Droth- People have been giving constructive criticism since launch. A company with these resources should have put forth a better effort at communicating with the fans/players. They also have a bad way at executing the content they add. JW was pretty much telling people what was fun. I was a fan of D1/D2 and he pretty much slapped the fans of that game with his decisions.

I laugh at the people who have been defending this game since day 1. If it was as great as they say...JW will still be the lead designer. Blizzard is looking into fixing this game. Nice. I just think the game would need a complete overhaul to make it better.

Getting rid of JW after this long is a mistake. Way to late. The damage is done. You guys were blinded by the money from the initial sales. I say do what Square Enix did. Admit you failed and start over. The game's core is to bad. Not even an expansion will save this game.

And for future reference why don't you guys test the games before you release them. Try to have them as complete as possible. The game still doesn't feel complete.
Reply Quote

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game.

The game is fundamentally flawed, if you want to make a fun game I suggest you start over. Your "we don't release it till it's done" process where it takes 10 years to make one game isn't working. If you don't have the talent or capacity to make a good game in a reasonable amount of time, then sell the franchise to a company that does.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Drothvader
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I whole-heartedly agree.

People have the right to dislike or disagree with certain aspects of game design, but the blatantly outright disrespect, and juvenile lynch mob mentality is completely undeserved. I am glad that D3 is not a carbon copy of D2.

Sure, D3's not a perfect game by any means, but it's not horrible either. I hope that one day people will set aside the vitriol in favor of constructive criticism.

If you've been to the forums long enough, I'm sure you have to admit that there were more positive and constructive comments than there were vitriol.

David Brevik's comments were one of them.

But not only were they ignored, they are facerolled, soliciting response from the developer that is uncalled for.

So let history be a lesson for you that the community is not the one who threw the first stone.

When people are emotionally invested to the franchise, what would you expect if the developer accused them of not knowing what fun is, irrationally nostalgic, and since David Brevik's comments were a reflection of what the community has said all along, are we all losers?

Is there really room for constructive criticism?

Just by disagreeing with you right now, I'm sure I'm already labeled as a disrecpectful lynch mob.
Reply Quote
If you've been to the forums long enough, I'm sure you have to admit that there were more positive and constructive comments than there were vitriol.

But not only were they ignored, they are facerolled, soliciting response from the developer that is uncalled for.

So let history be a lesson for you that the community is not the one who threw the first stone.

When people are emotionally invested to the franchise, what would you expect if the developer accused them of not knowing what fun is, irrationally nostalgic, and since David Brevik's comments were a reflection of what the community has said all along, are we all losers?

Just by disagreeing with you right now, I'm sure I'm already labeled as a disrecpectful lynch mob.

Don't be silly, I wouldn't label you as such just for simply disagreeing.

I also don't disagree that there is quite a bit of constructive feedback on these forums. However, that feedback is grossly overshadowed by the immense amount of backlash towards one person.

Please don't take this as a trollish statement, as it is not intended to be... But consider this analogy.

"A drop of wine in a barrel of sewage, is still sewage. A drop of sewage in a barrel of wine, is also... still sewage."

My band director told me that once... Now of course, he was talking about music, but that statement still holds true here.

There can be tons of positive and constructive feedback, but it can be contaminated with that single poster who goes out of their way to act like a jerk.

It's kind of like that drunk guy who's being obnoxiously loud at your dinner party. All it takes is 10 minutes of that guy to spoil your evening.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Drothvader
I am glad that D3 is not a carbon copy of D2.

Droth,

I don't think anyone wanted simply to see D2 with new graphics, and I agree with you 100% on refraining from making our issues with the game personal ones, but surely you can recognise that this "new direction" ended up throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Sure, update the game, expand upon the base that was D2/LOD and built it up in new and inventive ways, but this iteration of the series is - bluntly - Diablo-In-Name-Only.

==============================================
Hawkeyes Fixit Proposal Posts

End-game content: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708411109#1
More meaningful polls: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593742081?page=1#0
Tradable Upgradable BOA Scrolls: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592401379?page=1#0
Reworked MP levels: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592580633?page=1#0
Improved Crafting timers: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709281044#1
Edited by Hawkeye#1335 on 1/19/2013 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
edit:deleted
Edited by Opethian#2631 on 1/22/2013 4:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Drothvader
There can be tons of positive and constructive feedback, but it can be contaminated with that single poster who goes out of their way to act like a jerk.

so will this be the next excuse for not taking into account the thousands of posts of why many feel diablo 3 is too much of a departure from the diablo franchise?.. As one person expressed the opinion with a potty mouth, the rest of the voices can be considered mute ?

Im sorry, but there has been a LOT of constructive criticism harking way back to alpha footage... and its either been responded to with colourful, mocking, t-shirts, patronising comments about our nostalgic views, or blatant disregard - large relevant threads on what is missing, with one blue post for the day about a cat ...

when a company says they are listening, that they want feedback, and then either ignore, delete or make mockery of it , it strikes as hypocritical and breeds frustration.
Edited by MGH#1860 on 1/19/2013 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

Don't be silly, I wouldn't label you as such just for simply disagreeing.

I also don't disagree that there is quite a bit of constructive feedback on these forums. However, that feedback is grossly overshadowed by the immense amount of backlash towards one person.

Please don't take this as a trollish statement, as it is not intended to be... But consider this analogy.

"A drop of wine in a barrel of sewage, is still sewage. A drop of sewage in a barrel of wine, is also... still sewage."

My band director told me that once... Now of course, he was talking about music, but that statement still holds true here.

It's kind of like that drunk guy who's being obnoxiously loud at your dinner party. All it takes is 10 minutes of that guy to spoil your evening.

even with this reply sir you ignore the point that was made all the crap throwing being done was started by mr wilson. if it is wrong for the customers to do it why have none of you taken a stand when jay did it to the customers for years. i really want to understand the double standard
Reply Quote
heh felow posting players,

Get this, this past monday as i was working a fellow coworker told me that best buy just text him a special since he was sign up to recieve best buy advertise special it posted as Diablo3 on sale for 34.99, and i reply to him that oh shucks i haved brought it already in july fourth weekend this pas years at fry electronic for 50.00 dollars , the full price for diablo3 was 60 dollars so 50 dollars was a good deal since diablo3 was always set at 60 dollars every store due to its value as a brand from a well know blizzard company. I played it and found everything about digusted as so much hardcore player, anyway going back to my story, so with the reduction in prices of diablo3 i thought wow what a price drop maybe it is the martinluther king holiday special that they were adverstising. Than on wednesday as i was playing d2 lod i google on how to create a runesord weapons, i noticed on diabloinc website a small paragraph about jay wilson stepping down and such, and so i click on that link and lo and beholditwas not a joke after all, i quickly went to d3 game that i hardly play at all and went to the general chatand text to the players that was online and ask if it was true on jay wilsonstepping down as game director for diablo3 .i was so elated sincewe have a chance of a newer direction in d3. So is this a coincidence that d3 value onthe retailer side to 35 dollars on the same week that jay wilson posted his tenure ending as director of d3? And oh yeah diablo3 retail has never went down on th retailerless than 50 dollars unless there was a retailer gimmick to buyotheritemsto get diablo3 less. So does this mean diablo3 value as a game devalue to justify the lowering of it price, i know retailer will low the price of an items if theyknow that it has less value and taking up only spaces.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 06:59 PMPosted by CentaurusXVI
heh felow posting players,

Centaurus - honest and constructive criticism here - if you want people to read your posts, try to avoid the giant wall of texts.

Hawkeyes Fixit Proposal Posts

End-game content: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708411109#1
More meaningful polls: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593742081?page=1#0
Tradable Upgradable BOA Scrolls: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592401379?page=1#0
Edited by Hawkeye#1335 on 1/19/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 06:57 PMPosted by drunkie
even with this reply sir you ignore the point that was made all the crap throwing being done was started by mr wilson. if it is wrong for the customers to do it why have none of you taken a stand when jay did it to the customers for years. i really want to understand the double standard

I don't see it that way. Aside from that one objectionable comment on Facebook, I really don't remember anything that was outright inflammatory.

Anyway... I'm not arguing.

I just share Rob's sentiment and disappointment with this thread.
Reply Quote
Heh hawkeye,
I am being honest with you and other it is exactly what happened and wanted to share with my fellow players, even you too who dont like my walls of textjustbe lucky they nerf the wizard walls of fire i would have summon the many forces of natureto wall you against the walls of construtive feedback!
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Drothvader
I don't see it that way. Aside from that one objectionable comment on Facebook, I really don't remember anything that was outright inflammatory.

Jay straight up called the customers feelings of diablo2 "delusional" in one if his interviews.

I was deeply insulted of his opinion of the fanbase in a lot of things he said and how we are wrong in the way we like to have fun.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/19/2013 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]