Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

01/19/2013 08:34 PMPosted by TheTias
All in all, this is a no-win situation for everybody, and the worst possible outcome. And it demonstrates that we are in fact a very dysfunctional community, and we need to shape up just as much as the developers do.

their game sucks. not playing the game is the best thing the community can do. being polite on the forums is stupid. i call them out for a horrible game. we do not have to be nice. this is a free market. we can say your game sucks. we can not play your game. we can not buy your expansions. that is the most functional a community can be. then the company will build a game the community actually wants. a dysfunctional community praises a steaming pile of turd and then the company will keep producing the same turds.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 08:39 PMPosted by RonPaul
All in all, this is a no-win situation for everybody, and the worst possible outcome. And it demonstrates that we are in fact a very dysfunctional community, and we need to shape up just as much as the developers do.

their game sucks. not playing the game is the best thing the community can do. being polite on the forums is stupid. i call them out for a horrible game. we do not have to be nice. this is a free market. we can say your game sucks. we can not play your game. we can not buy your expansions. that is the most functional a community can be. then the company will build a game the community actually wants. a dysfunctional community praises a steaming pile of turd and then the company will keep producing the same turds.

I like how you spout your opinion as fact.
Reply Quote
RonPaul is right. It IS a fact. Most people who defend this game and still continue to defend this game will take anything Blizzard give to them. This game is several steps back from D2. I'm not a fan boy of D2 it was just clearly the superior game. Their were dupes, bots, ect. in D2. Yes. It really didn't affect me directly because there wasn't a system in place that had an influence on what I found when I played. D3 their is.
Reply Quote
I honestly just think every one complains way to much about this game. I feel like the hate on this game is just a big band wagon. If you guys think the drop rates on D3 are bad, then you must have honestly never played D2. In the seven or so years I played D2, I never once got a Grandfather drop, or even a high level rune word? D2 was a grind, just like D3 is. When D2 first came out, many people hated it, just as they hate D3. The games are really made the same. It's like people wanted an exact carbon copy of D2. The same pvp, the same skill trees, etc..

You can't expect Blizzard to make the same game over again. I think Jay did a fine job so far, obviously people are still playing. Games take time to build up, this one will too, just like D2 did.
Reply Quote
Wow! im so suprised with lots of hate comments here. Lets give JW a RESPECT... Regarding this game hes not the only one who make decision on the output of the game.. he has other superior on that matter...

TO all the haters.. leave this game and play another or better yet CREATE YOUR OWN... Oh! Im sure your perfectionists mentality will never be enough.

I love playing this game.. but i do agree with some constructive criticism regarding some game details.. like for example too much dependent on items and weapons... but as a whole the game is good. And im sure Blizz has plans on making this game better.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
01/19/2013 08:04 PMPosted by RonPaul
It is ok to attack Jay Wilson.

No, it isn't. It is not OK to attack him or anybody else. Period. Disagree with him and back up your viewpoints, but do not flat out attack him.

This game is part of the Diablo legacy and part of Blizzard as a whole. In no way did this game live up to the Diablo legacy or up to the standard of a Blizzard game. The dialogue was awful, the PvP did not exist (and may never), the gameplay was boring, the monsters uninspired, the social aspect not as good as D2, the coolness factor of monsters/players was not there etc. etc.

This quote - you have your baseline viewpoint, now expand on it. Then you'll have proper feedback for the developer team.

He should be ashamed of himself and of this game.

Ashamed of mocking the fans and directly insulting them, yes. Of the game, not so much. If I were him I'd take it as a lesson learned and try to do better, plain and simple. He's capable of it, we just didn't give him the chance and now we're reaping what we sowed.

01/19/2013 08:16 PMPosted by amano
Well most people are proud of their retarded children... not saying that is necessarily a bad thing - its simply a fact.

As somebody who has a family friend with a mentally challenged daughter who I actually find to be one of the nicest people I've ever met (when her blood sugar level is kept balanced), I take great offense at that statement of yours.

Reply Quote
Wow! im so suprised with lots of hate comments here. Lets give JW a RESPECT... Regarding this game hes not the only one who make decision on the output of the game.. he has other superior on that matter...

TO all the haters.. leave this game and play another or better yet CREATE YOUR OWN... Oh! Im sure your perfectionists mentality will never be enough.

I love playing this game.. but i do agree with some constructive criticism regarding some game details.. like for example too much dependent on items and weapons... but as a whole the game is good. And im sure Blizz has plans on making this game better.

Dude, you're trying to talk logic to a crowd of mad teenagers, it's not going to work.
Reply Quote
well see if the game will get any better with him gone
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

I completely agree. I love Diablo III and I can't wait to see what you guys can do. This game is amazing.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
01/19/2013 08:39 PMPosted by RonPaul

And your attitude does nothing to actually promote better communication, and thus a better game. A fully functional (and sane) community would find ways to convey their grievances and back up what they're talking about. Conversely the same could be said about the developers. Unfortunately we had a breakdown on both sides of the fence and here we are: As a community we rip each other apart and anybody being "nice" becomes an outcast while we deride every person we can in order to make ourselves feel better.

Surely you don't expect good things to come out of that kind of environment, do you?

01/19/2013 08:46 PMPosted by st4cks
RonPaul is right. It IS a fact. Most people who defend this game and still continue to defend this game will take anything Blizzard give to them. This game is several steps back from D2. I'm not a fan boy of D2 it was just clearly the superior game. Their were dupes, bots, ect. in D2. Yes. It really didn't affect me directly because there wasn't a system in place that had an influence on what I found when I played. D3 their is.

As you may or may not have noticed, Drothvader actually left Diablo 3, including the forums, for quite some time because of his distaste for the state of the game and lack of any communication from the developers. In fact, as recently as last week he continually called them out to be more forthcoming with the players, especially regarding game mechanics.

I myself no longer play World of Warcraft for the very same reasons that players here in the Diablo 3 forums are angry about this game - the developers, one in particular (which could simply be because he is the "voice" for the team), come off as arrogant and out of touch, providing nothing but circular arguments to players that give any kind of feedback on why they dislike the current state of that game.

Blizzard's development teams as a whole have become rigid and inflexible, and have repeatedly mocked the players and belittled their concerns, and believe me, we do speak up about it. Unfortunately we're not always...nice about it, but of course, neither are they. That's the problem we're having now. A tit-for-tat doesn't solve anything and results in the worst possible outcome.

Don't assume that just because some of us can see the good parts of D3 that we are simply "taking what we're given" - we aren't, and if you do a search of those that post constructively (or at least try to), you'll find there's plenty of dissent to go around from even the most staunch supporters.

Edited by TheTias#1192 on 1/19/2013 9:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Verendus,
i too never got a grandfather or a windforce in d2 in all the years that i have played D2. But that is allright for it it one of the few godly items but if i ever did i know exactly what the stats are, i know if i can use it for the what the perm stats is. The problem in d3 is you can get a grandfather drop and it sucks, hell i n fact this last 3 weeks i got a grandfather sword drop and you know what the stats are? A 200 int stat with a 65 strenght stats ? Who in. THe hell uses a two handed grandfather sword with a primary stats of int? Grinding is the the problem it the drop roll of the item, windforce with a primary stats of 229 strenght is not a problems? Windforce you need dext as a primary not other stats. Never getting a skorn would be fine because if it hard to get than i know it is godly and i can spend years and countless trading session to get it if the stats are what it is set at primary strenght that can add value to a barbarian damage skills play. That's what the concern is proper itemazation roll.
Reply Quote
CentaurusXVI,
I agree, I've found countless legendary items, and out of the number, I've actually used may one or two, that I later replaced with a rare item. It just bugs me that people complain about the drop rate on this game, it's perfectly fine. At the rate the items drop you can't expect every item to roll perfect stats. But it just seems like people expect legendary items to drop out of every elite, but no, if that were the case, the this game would be "broken". I'd actually prefer the legendary drop rate to go down, I'd rather find one legendary a month, and have it roll epic, rather than 5-10 a week, and have them all roll crap. I also agree with not being okay with never finding a Grandfather or a Windforce, because if I were to find one, it would be guaranteed epic. And finding a item like that, would just be amazing, but I didn't, and that's okay. I was just comparing drop rates from D2 compared to D3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]