Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

If they say the D3 population has only dropped by 65%, but 0/40 people on my f-list play anymore,

Isn't that closer to 100%???

I would love to see the actual numbers playing this game ATM.

How many are legit and how many are bots. Lol
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
If they say the D3 population has only dropped by 65%, but 0/40 people on my f-list play anymore,

Isn't that closer to 100%???

I would love to see the actual numbers playing this game ATM.

Just because I'm in a whymsyshirical mood, I'll entertain ya. ;)

If you're online in Diablo 3 and you're looking at your friends list, then it isn't a 100% decline is it? (Think about it for a minute and let it sink in). :P

Thethias, amano is not making fun of mentally challenged people , he is only saying that rob chief creative officer has taken jay wilson under his helm and offer jay wilson ideas on d3 direction, like using diablo name and its former game to make it the best of it, jay wilson his child. can say to the father <rob> dad i have been studying well in school and when it is time to show his grade he gets a d in class, that is my metaphor on this take rob can be proud of their child even if he is not the smartest one who is in charge of a well known franchise. He did do his homework properly.

Let me share something with you...

It is never, ever acceptable behaviour to use "retarded people" analogies. Ever. If he wants to convey his viewpoint, he needs to find a better way to do so and not insult specific people like that.

Edited by TheTias#1192 on 1/19/2013 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
CentaurusXVI,
I agree, I've found countless legendary items, and out of the number, I've actually used may one or two, that I later replaced with a rare item. It just bugs me that people complain about the drop rate on this game, it's perfectly fine. At the rate the items drop you can't expect every item to roll perfect stats. But it just seems like people expect legendary items to drop out of every elite, but no, if that were the case, the this game would be "broken". I'd actually prefer the legendary drop rate to go down, I'd rather find one legendary a month, and have it roll epic, rather than 5-10 a week, and have them all roll crap. I also agree with not being okay with never finding a Grandfather or a Windforce, because if I were to find one, it would be guaranteed epic. And finding a item like that, would just be amazing, but I didn't, and that's okay. I was just comparing drop rates from D2 compared to D3.

its not that they expect them to roll perfect stats but Relevant stats. Yes not everything was omg uber in D2 but at least first off you could count on the stats to be proper and at least reverent.
Reply Quote
He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. .

I couldn't disagree more. You've taken an enormous step backwards from play complexity. Combat is so oversimplified it could be a Contra re-skin. What happened to faster block rate, faster hit recovery? D2 had enemies that melt after being turned into ice and smashed. Fallen would cry out Rakinishu! Every boss encounter and now pvp takes place in a tiny crowded arena. Every last bit of freedom has been taken out of this game. Wizards can't teleport over simple objects. Character names are never encountered in game. You didn't pay attention AT ALL to what players expected from a diablo sequel.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Carcifier
If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me.

Please follow Jay's example and step down immediately.

The engineers, artists and other hard working members of the team were ultimately failed by their leadership. That failure was at the highest part of the chain of command. It is either Jay's fault, yours or both.

One, or both of you, have demonstrated that you are not capable of leading a major franchise at the leading game making company in the world.

The decisions made with game mechanics, balance and the AH are too big to overlook.

We as a community, accept your resignation if you are offering it. If you are a Diablo fan as much as we are, you surely can recognize your departure as a necessary step in securing the future success of the franchise.

We hold no ill will towards you. You simply must go. If you did not make the obvious critical game mechanic design mistakes that are glaringly visible in Diablo III, you failed to stop them.

Anyone who has ever played a RPG can see how poorly a design mechanic it is to base all damage off of the players weapon.

Anyone who has ever played World of Warcraft, could have predicted the tremendous mistake of not making items "bind on equip".

Diablo III PVP as you are starting to realize, cannot be saved in the game's current form. You must invalidate your design to create something playable.

Surely someone above you has noticed the SIZE of the mistakes made in this game. And clearly the programming, art work and other elements of the game are Blizzard level.

It is the leadership of the project that failed. Please rectify this and resign.

Go play torchlight 2. Seriously. All of you spoiled, entitled feeling children need to grow up. 162 pages of trolls is sickening. As far as I'm concerned, Blizzard should have released a game with only a login screen, and a prompt that says "Got you good you f%#@#$%". You would have gotten what you deserved.

The game itself is in great shape. There are some content and balance issues, but people have said the same thing about every MMO released since wow, mostly because they tend to forget that it took 7 years for WoW to get where it is today.

And most of the people here rave about diablo 2, only to forget how broken diablo 2 was before LoD was released, and they forget the early stages of LoD, prior to 1.08. People complained about legendaries in d3, but at least they existed on release. In diablo 2 classic, the highest ilvl unique was the stone of jordan at lvl 29. All end game loot was rare rolled, just like it is now. And there was no choice in what act to farm, you farmed chaos sanc, period. Over. And over. And over. And over. And over and over and over and over and over.

Blizzard owes none of you anything. You got well more than $60 worth of a game out of them, which is far more than you deserve. You guys are like right wing gun control nuts crying about Obama. You live in a fantasy world where you believe you are the center of everything, and the world owes you something.

If you don't like the game, don't play it. If you have constructive criticism, give it. If you can't be civil, get off the f'n internet and go play house at a tea-party meeting. Stop using these forums as a vehicle to release you from the monotonous boredom of your mother's basement.
Reply Quote
Please follow Jay's example and step down immediately.

I cannot believe you just asked Blizzard's Chief Creative Officer to step down...

Actually, scratch that.

Yes I can. =/

EDIT: It's not worth it.
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 1/19/2013 9:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Verandus,
In D2 rate of drop for unique is fine since if u did get that drop for a item you know exactly what the stats are for each unique items are. That there will allow you to use it accordinglyto your hero built. problem in D3 if you get a drop of a legend of say a unid legend and you have an idea what that weapons is before id it you dont know what the exact stats are so if u id it and shows a grandfather sowrd with a primary stats of 220 int and a strenght of only 40 that sword is useless for a barb, he can still use it but the damage deriding from that 40 strenght makes that sword mute. ThAts why the community wants more drop to balance out the hugh unbalance chances of getting a good primary stats for each weapons, hence the term useless weapons even iif it is a legendary items.
Reply Quote
Drothvader01/19/2013 09:09 PMPosted by CarcifierPlease follow Jay's example and step down immediately.I cannot believe you just asked Blizzard's Chief Creative Officer to step down...________________________________________________MVP's are not employees of Blizzard Entertainment. We are players just like you.Nothing I say is Official word from Blizzard, everything is of my own conjecture.A Basic D3 Mechanics Compendium : http://drothvader.org/d3guide/mechanics/

Why cant you beleive it?

Mr. Pardo did ask for the blame to be directed at himself instead of Jay Wilson!
Mr. Pardo did hire Jay Wilson. Mr. Pardo did admit to influencing Jay's decisions for the game!
Edited by sheltem#1166 on 1/19/2013 9:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 09:18 PMPosted by Infernii
He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. .

I couldn't disagree more. You've taken an enormous step backwards from play complexity. Combat is so oversimplified it could be a Contra re-skin. What happened to faster block rate, faster hit recovery? D2 had enemies that melt after being turned into ice and smashed. Fallen would cry out Rakinishu! Every boss encounter and now pvp takes place in a tiny crowded arena. Every last bit of freedom has been taken out of this game. Wizards can't teleport over simple objects. Character names are never encountered in game. You didn't pay attention AT ALL to what players expected from a diablo sequel.

Actually it's true. the actual feel of fighting is EXTREMELY well done. its some of the numbers that are all screwy. the bazilions of gold on everyone's account the oodles of bots the pages and pages of legendaries.....the retarded stats on those legendaries.......oh god the retarded stats.....but the "actual feel" is great.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Sheltem, the forums have a special "auto-quote" feature enabled if you have javascript enabled in your browser (you can safely enable it for the entire blizzard.com domain). If you select the post text, a "quote" button pops up and you can use that instead of dragging over the name of the person you're trying to quote as you just did.

Just sharing something to help make your quotes easier to read. :)

Edited by TheTias#1192 on 1/19/2013 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the hardwork and improvements! Good luck in the future!
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K0YkUH6r6c

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT4K6e2q10g

I leave u with that...
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 09:33 PMPosted by Shurgosa

Actually it's true. the actual feel of fighting is EXTREMELY well done. its some of the numbers that are all screwy. the bazilions of gold on everyone's account the oodles of bots the pages and pages of legendaries.....the retarded stats on those legendaries.......oh god the retarded stats.....but the "actual feel" is great.

I wholly disagree. I remember being absolutely surrounded by herds of hell cows. The clank clank of constant blocks made the feel of combat real. There was much more attention given to the layered timing of the fight than that which is found anywhere in d3.
Reply Quote
@TheTias

Fine. It's just that people who are head over heels in love with the game measure your post on how many elite kills you have. It's retarded. I have over 20k elite kills and the bulk of my elite kills came before paragon levels were even introduced. You can't sit there and ridicule someone's opinion on how many kills they have. You could have less than 1000 elite kills and realize the game is awful.

I've made my share of angry post. I decided to stick around and see what's to come. Because me personally...I'm enjoying the damage control Blizzard is trying to do. It's like watching that once beloved celebrity or politician become involved in a scandal that pretty much ruins them.

I don't think the game can be saved. Them getting rid of JW after all this time just shows that they only care about greed. They are trying to ensure those expansions fly off the shelves. No matter who the lead designer is. I actually feel sorry for JWs replacement more than JW himself. Pretty much walking into a disaster and the success or failures in the future will pretty much ride on their shoulders.

JW got off to easy if you ask me. This isn't a game that people will be playing for as long as D2.
Reply Quote
TheTias,

Yes I know but for some reason it doesnt seem to work for me.

Uhm and also, there was a notice lately that hackers have found an exploit in Java and that Java should be disabled and/or removed.

But I was having this problem even before I removed Java!

thank you for the advice anyway :)
Reply Quote
Trolls on these forums are a disgrace to the gaming community, spoiled kids as far as im concerned.

Good luck Jay, thanks for doing your best with D3.

D3 is not perfect but im sure no one could have made it perfect for everyone.

Hey CM's I think its time to lock this topic, 90% of poster are just trolling.
Edited by RossTerra#1713 on 1/19/2013 9:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]