Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

Rob, I'm 35 years old and I have been playing Blizzard titles since I changed a purchase on a game called Warcraft Orcs & Humans at Best Buy. Since then, Blizzard has made my favorite games with great gameplay and cool storylines.

I believe the core problem with Diablo 3 lies with the auction house. The gameplay experience that is postiive for me falls in finding that next upgrade. I've tried to avoid the Auction House in an effort to provide this experience for myself, but this of course leaves me at a disadvantage to others who use it, along with the loot system which is geared towards AH play.

I'd greatly prefer the game without it.

My suggestion is that if you'd like to monetize Diablo, you do so by offering content packs - not adding full acts, but perhaps expanding on the relatively few truly random elements (from a world perspective) that are in the game. I'd be happy to throw money at Blizzard for this...

Couldn't express my feeling bout the game better than this.

Even if the AH was removed, the loot & stats work/tier in such a way that you'd still have issues. Ie in D2 you farm Meph in Hell and get a nice unique for a low barb, so you go make a barb, and so forth. Or how you can get SOJs (an end-game item) from Nightmare Act 1.
Reply Quote
Raging over a single rainbow is not exactly what I would consider a legitimate concern.
A lot of people did specifically point out the rainbow as something they didn't like but there were plenty of people expressing concern on the atmosphere of the game in general. Most of the time it was met with "you've only seen a small part of 1 act" and "the game will get darker"...I don't feel like their 'easter egg' joke was just about the rainbow but about concerns on the game's atmosphere as a whole.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Aww, oh well. Best laid plans of mice and men, and all that.

I've never had a problem with Jay. This type of game doesn't really seem like his kind of thing, and I don't think he was ready to be made Lead on such a big sequel, at what seems like short notice (and maybe a little unfair given the circumstances.) Or not, I dunno. Hopefully his next position and project is better and happier for him.

For me, Diablo is Blizzard, so watching it all pan out like this is kind of a bummer. But I'm sure I'll find the willpower to wake up tomorrow, so it's all good.
Reply Quote
"Seven Years in Sanctuaryyyyyyyyyy"

:righteous guitar solo:
Edited by zeolurks#1661 on 1/19/2013 10:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
best of luck to you. :) thanks for a great series so far.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 10:51 PMPosted by Nishi
Raging over a single rainbow is not exactly what I would consider a legitimate concern.
A lot of people did specifically point out the rainbow as something they didn't like but there were plenty of people expressing concern on the atmosphere of the game in general. Most of the time it was met with "you've only seen a small part of 1 act" and "the game will get darker"...I don't feel like their 'easter egg' joke was just about the rainbow but about concerns on the game's atmosphere as a whole.

Instead of a pony level, there should have been a level where you try to help Nicolas Cage decipher the code on the back of a treasure map.
Reply Quote
I've played every Blizzard game that has been released since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.

Diablo 2 was my favorite game. Diablo 3 was the only game in my life that I got up in the middle of the night to play at release. I was that excited.

Like most others on this forum, I bought Blizzard games solely on the Blizzard name alone.

That ended with Diablo 3. Pardo thinks he has something to be proud of. He's wrong. He should have been fired along with Jay for releasing this trash.

I may never buy another Blizzard game again. Time will tell, but I bet my money will be spent elsewhere.
Reply Quote
Thank you jay for creating a version of diablow that old and new fans can enjoy unlike most p,
I see the amazing job you pulled off, the fan bass is bigger and more vibrant then Ever and ensures a great future for the franchise.
you have in deed tried to bring the essence of diablows game play to the for front well keeping it appealing and acsesseble to the largest player base.
An in so creating a grate foundation.
Grate job and thanks again,
600+ hours of my mined not on life's problems

Noah r.s Cowper
Reply Quote

didn't say that. but it was done to mock the customers. that is not acceptable.

y so srs

Whimyshire is amazing.

If gamers can't take a joke...then they aren't acceptable. Way too many people on the Interwebs pretend to be overly dramatic and take offense to everything to prove a point like some politician or a soccer player taking a dive to draw a foul. I'm not about to hold game developers up to some bizarre moral standard where they have to be super serious all the time and grovel at the feet of their customers.

The complaints of the atheistic of the game not being "dark enough" was funny when it started...and freaking hilarious when I found out there was a pony level.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]