Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

01/20/2013 09:01 PMPosted by JWNZ
Why even post at this point does anyone still read after 181 pages? It's a book of flames. Diablo community vs Jay Wilson. He needs to have an interview with Oprah or something lol.

This would either ruin him completely, or save face.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Ozzmoziz
If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game

shut down both auction houses

Shutting down the RMAH atleast will show to the community that there is someone with a soul left in Blizzard, that we are talking to artists and gamers, and not cold businessmen.

If RMAH is shut down, and the CCO Rob Pardo writes a letter condemning P2W money schemes, he will be hailed by the gaming community and most the bad blood will be forgiven.
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Well for starts i understand that your primary focus beforehand was world of warcraft and Jay's experience is in RTS.. Im sure jay does and will have a great and bright future in blizzard in a outlit that plays to what he can bring to the table. You are the creative director my question to you would be if you guys went back and played and brainstormed about what made diablo 1 + hellfire and diablo 2 + lod so great. At what point did makeing drops around a pay to win auction house system was a good idea? I understand the reason behind it D2JSP ebay and so forth. You wanted people to have a outlit to buy items and not get scammed for that reason alone i cant fault you for thinking of customer security first.

What we can fault the creative director for is Item stats that first of are so random and meaningless that finding anything of relivence is like playing the worst lotto system on the planet. The stat system is so broken its laughable at best. Items in game should have only rolled reverent stats based on the item and class type they are associated with. We were not asking for everything to be perfect and omg everything is a upgrade but rewarding and meaningful does have its advantages or at least reverent which this current system fails in both aspects. Core game play as far as stat allocations should have been included. Also we understand that yours and jays background Are different they don't reflect ARPG yours is wow and his is RTS. But there was relivence to it. World of warcraft stat system and scaled down for casual play does not fit a ARPG You guys should have realized this. Not to mention baseing your entire stat system on gear dependency was a huge step backwards. It could have had some merret if stats on the items actually rolled properly and made actual sence but they do not.

We wont even get into story. As far as graphics go graphically its ok. its better when you use DarkD3 only because it actually tones down the massive Glow effect that you guys decided to bring in from wow to make everything shinier. There should have been a option in graphics settings to turn this off as it washes out alot of art detail.

Crafting should have been reverent from day 1. Not only that you should have had the ability to actually be able to craft some attributes to it.. As a crafted item is not a found item..

I could keep going but alas this post is getting long as is.

Final note you keep asking for feed back there has been almost a years worth of feed back with little to no reply's from developers.

Another part is transparency. Keeping the community informed about what is going on what there trying to address seems to not be the for-front anymore.
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 1/20/2013 9:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Palach

Shutting down the RMAH atleast will show to the community that there is someone with a soul left in Blizzard, that we are talking to artists and gamers, and not cold businessmen.

If RMAH is shut down, and the CCO Rob Pardo writes a letter condemning P2W money schemes, he will be hailed by the gaming community and most the bad blood will be forgiven.

so damn true... ahh, sweet dreams of better world...
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Wayneold
Time for the members of the community to apply for the open position....put up or shut up.

They didn't listen to many of us when we gave them our ideas for free, why would we expect them to listen now that they'd have to pay us?
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 05:26 PMPosted by Plutoniumpsy
I'm sorry Rob, but after waiting years to play a game for years, I've put hardly any time into this game. It's reward structure isn't there. The concept of the RMAH has destroyed this game.

RMAH is the #1 reason this game sucks. The #2 reason is the GAH.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Traveler
Finally got this fool out the door! However, he is moving to another area within Blizzard? Great... what franchise will he destroy now?

I bet they don't let him anywhere near WoW...

I really do hope his good bye post doesn't work out the same as the other 50,000 good bye posts I've read on this forum.

Hopefully they don't even let him lead another game. I'd prefer him just programming or working on the web site as opposed to making decisions about the direction of this or any game for any company.

Folks can say what they want, but this game was sub-par. I know they know, their player numbers are way lower than what they wanted in terms of sustainable player base.

Best of luck Jay... but seriously, do us all a favor and work on a new game and not a sequel. That way, at least you're only screwing up your own idea, and not someone else's.
Reply Quote
RMAH is fine, people are going to buy items or gold anyways if it's not there. Basing the drop rate around there being an AH is the problem as well as just very poor itemization.
Reply Quote
Rob Pardo:

This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Then I blame you. You should have listened to David Brevik's words in a conversation with him, you and Morhaime in E3.

The suggestion I give you is sell the rights for Diablo to another company and be done with it. It wasn't yours like Warcraft and Starcraft in the beginning anyways.
Edited by Permaximum#1754 on 1/20/2013 10:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
31 Human Rogue
RMAH is fine, people are going to buy items or gold anyways if it's not there. Basing the drop rate around there being an AH is the problem as well as just very poor itemization.

The RMAH is *not* fine, and neither is the GAH. It is one of a few things that continues to suck the soul out of the game.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 Released.Step 1
Inferno made to be unbeatable.
Somoene beats it
People complain
Lowers difficulty Step 2
Everyone beats Inferno
Add Monster Power level Back to Step 1
Still no pvp
Still no endless dungean or unbeatable
8 or more months later
Introducing PTR
updating....
updating.....
I think this game is being updated....
Reply Quote
I like to believe I have some sense of civility and therefore don't think that attacks on Blizzard, including individuals or the dev team as a whole, really accomplish anything. At the end of the day they are all still human, and reading personal attacks that may or may not be deserved does not inspire greatness.

However, it gets frustrating to keep reading posts from players and Blizzard that focus too much on the sadness or frustration of forum attacks, or how one bad apple ruins the entire bunch.

This is the internet. Anyone with a decent amount of exposure to it knows that you have to quickly develop a thick skin. The majority of the personal attacks on forums say stuff they don't mean. Or for shock value. Or to get a rise out of others. Or to troll. Or because someone else is doing it. Or <insert all too common reason here>. You would be hard-pressed to find a large forum anywhere that doesn't have at least a few people saying what they can to satisfy their own various pleasures.

Instead of letting the same ol same ol set you back, take it for what it is. The internet. Take the good with the bad. Realize when the attacks are being grossly unfair or wildly unrealistic and ignore them, and also realize those times when the feedback may be somewhat harsh, but they actually have a good point to make and are just letting some frustration seep through. And then, obviously, listen to the constructive and civil posts of players who are actively trying to improve on a game they are deeply concerned about.

An actual group of physical people would be one thing if they acted the way they do on forums. But since online gaming began, anonymity has given people more balls than they would ever have normally. Recognize this, and be the professionals you need to be by sorting through the good and the bad instead of allowing the bad to ruin the good.
Reply Quote
Good riddance. Too bad it's seven years too late.
Reply Quote
View profile

The RMAH is *not* fine, and neither is the GAH. It is one of a few things that continues to suck the soul out of the game.

the RMAH or GAH is not really the issue here... what is the issue?

BNET 2.0 --- in every description -- give us back bnet 1.0 if you cant fix this

Each act is independent game ... let me WP to any act any time... all bosses available anytime on new game.
make the bosses the thing to run for gear ... not the minions which are more powerful than the bosses... let the bosses drop lower lvl uniques and sets on a more regular basis with a smaller chance better items and a slight chance for godly items. (such as difference of finding a nagel ring -- going to finding a shako -- going to finding a Crown of Ages.)

Game Names -- let us set up trade games and more... THIS SUX the life out of D3... Cant have any social events of any kind including dueling games....

Even if the RMAH and GAH were not there, people will trade for upgrades etc... you have not even gave a reason why they are a problem. people will "pay to win" anyway or "trade to win"

or is it that you want to setup your own "gold seller site" and bot peoples games to sell your pixels...
Reply Quote
I see an opprotunity for D3 to be reborn much as FFXIV is being reborn under a new director.
maybe some day D3 can finally live up to expectations.
Reply Quote
Two kinds of people here and there.

1) Mr/Mrs "I'm eating what I've got no matter the past of this food. Stop crying and carry on. Waiting for more content from beloved Blizz".
2) "This game is not Diablo 3. This is something else. I want my damn McDonalds burger, not the Burger King's one".

This is all about politics and the future of our kids... Keep trying to change the world yet again, folks.

Three kinds of people.

1) those who can't think out of D3 box, only a few superficial complaints and that's all. They want

- more powerful items
- more powerful monsters
- more idiotic content

- no random public games
- real craft system

2) those who can't think out of D2 box, only want to go backward. They want

- ladders
- runes jewels charms
- skill trees

- no random public games
- real craft system

3) those who can and want

- irreparable items
- skill pools that fully exploit all item affixes
- inferno mode freed from farming

- no random public games
- real craft system
Reply Quote
hey bobbo pardo the game needs a scary vibe. Like a Pkers axe to the back of the neck...we want violence....
Reply Quote
Three kinds of people.1) those who can't think out of D3 box, only a few superficial complaints and that's all. They want- more powerful items- more powerful monsters- more idiotic content- no random public games- real craft system2) those who can't think out of D2 box, only want to go backward. They want- ladders- runes jewels charms- skill trees- no random public games- real craft system3) those who can and want - irreparable items- skill pools that fully exploit all item affixes- inferno mode freed from farming- no random public games- real craft system

Redstone you forgot murderers....
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Palach

The only reason I still play is because of the RMAH
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]