Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

View profile

Shutting down the RMAH atleast will show to the community that there is someone with a soul left in Blizzard, that we are talking to artists and gamers, and not cold businessmen.

If RMAH is shut down, and the CCO Rob Pardo writes a letter condemning P2W money schemes, he will be hailed by the gaming community and most the bad blood will be forgiven.

The only reason I still play is because of the RMAH

Me as well, Finally a game that rewards you for the time you put in. People are not very bright to not see the bigger picture here. Honestly what class of people moan and groan about a game you can make money in?
Edited by FallenSouls#1868 on 1/20/2013 11:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

Redstone you forgot murderers....

4 PKs, wanna PK. 5) Modders, wanna mod. 6) Botters, wanna bucks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Me as well, Finally a game that rewards you for the time you put in. People are not very bright to not see the bigger picture here. Honestly what class of people moan and groan about a game you can make money in?

Umm.. Due the GAH/RMAH the part of interacting with other players and making a transaction, then going out and killing stuff with the item you may have just received.

Instead you have tons and tons of hyper transactions where people sell stuff with no interactions at all.

Not to mention the absolute HYPER inflation there has been going on..
Hmmmmm.........................................
Reply Quote

How metaignorant of you.
Reply Quote
So much hate for Jay. However, I respect him and really like this guy. I love the games he directed and worked on in the past, mostly Dawn of War 1 series. Just watch, the upcoming expansion will kick !@# just like LoD did for D2 :).
Reply Quote
Good luck Jay! Hope your talents and skill get better and make better future Blizzard games.
Reply Quote
We'd like to know who's in charge of Diablo 3 now.
Edited by ZerocoolIcer#6334 on 1/21/2013 12:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Maybe the next director of Diablo 3 will be improve AH and RMAH to increase the profit of blizzard company.
- rise limit on RMAH from 250 E to 2500 E or higher
- make possible trade characters in RMAH with a bigger % fee or fixed fee to eradicate buying more copy of D3 for selling account, but still have same or higher profit for blizzard company...
Reply Quote

Shutting down the RMAH atleast will show to the community that there is someone with a soul left in Blizzard, that we are talking to artists and gamers, and not cold businessmen.

If RMAH is shut down, and the CCO Rob Pardo writes a letter condemning P2W money schemes, he will be hailed by the gaming community and most the bad blood will be forgiven.

Friend, you are not playing, you are just doing business and earning. :-)
Reply Quote
Hire Median XL creator. Diablo 3 as it was meant to be: jewel crafting, creative runewords, shrine crafting, uber levels, sockets on everything, etc.
Reply Quote
When D3 first launch, i pre-purchased a copy, played every night. Quit this game shortly after, cant seems to clear Inferno Act 2.

Came back recently, good patches to the game. Really enjoyed every moment of this game. With MP0, i can play inferno easily. Paragon is a ++. With PVP coming along shortly, man everything is good. Everyone have a good chance to farm better equipt.

I know there are alot of haters out there for this game, i used to be angry with this game, high repair fee, when i just keep dying in Inferno before the patches. But now, i seen all the patches and the Team working on this game, im happy.

Thank you Jay, and team. For me this game is fun!
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 11:40 PMPosted by FallenSouls

WTF! Jobs are for money, games are for fun!

Enjoy making your money in this game, maybe in 30 years you might make enough for a house deposit ;)

I only purchased diablo 3 since I believed that it was a gonna play like Diablo 2, what a mistake that was. I think the game is good but I don't think you can really associate it with the diablo brand since it has none of the soul or depth that D1/D2 have.
Edited by vman#1687 on 1/21/2013 2:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Hear, Hear!

Although I also truly detest al of these haters and completely immature (fill in a curse here) on these forums.

D3 is a great game, yes, great, and it has the potential of being absolutely legendary. KEep up the good work. As I said before in this thread: I thank Jay again for all his hard work and dedication and wish him all the best.

Don't let the haters get to you Rob and Jay, the majority of the true fans (and haters are not true fans) will stand by D3 and will keep bringing forth constructive feedback, sometimes maybe a little harsh but still.

Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote

I completely disagree with both of you, not flaming, not insulting, but I think you are wrong, and I do not believe P2W should be part of a game, even if players get a cut. To me it is immoral, judging by the bitter backlash against this game I am not alone.

The RMAH is the one aspect of the game that cannot be chucked up to inexperience or honest error, it was a cold, cynical move by a gaming team that lost its soul in its wallet.
Edited by Palach#1433 on 1/21/2013 12:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
True to a degree, But I bought the game as a form of entertainment and was dissatisfied with the result of his (their, hinting at the director title) work... This is what caused me to loose respect For him... Not my Immaturity or my flawed character. But that aside, Im feeling very "Optimistic" for the Future of Diablo 3 and its new Director.
Reply Quote
In a short time, my college will eject me somewhere for internship. Can I be your next intern???
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 12:47 AMPosted by Palach
it was a cold, cynical move by a gaming team that lost its soul in its wallet

if itemisation was kept exactly as D2 it wouldnt have been so bitter a pill to swallow .. but the blatant change in the gameplay to be so item oriented along with the P2W mechanics of the auction house just releases a really pungent odour more foreboding than any zombie corpse found anywhere in the game.
Edited by MGH#1860 on 1/21/2013 1:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Could you please consider making yellow items Bind on Equip to fix the economy, or doing a new ladder?

A lot of my friends will not play because of how bad the economy is on the auction house. If you made items bind on equip it would fix the prices being so low or a restart would be nice too...
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Do you want to improve the game ? Start by adding commas in the AHs, comparative tooltips for AH transactions, and speed up the game by at least 20%. It will get much more fun.
Also, reduce the range stats can roll, and don't let intelligence roll as main stat on fist weapons or crossbows or whatever. This game is just TOO random, that's why people hate it : it doesn't reward players efforts enough, so everyone feels bound to spend bucks on the AHs, which is sad.
There are a lot of people that ply AH tycoon more than D3... That's how ANNOYING and UNREWARDING D3 is.
Edited by Mist3rHyde#2460 on 1/21/2013 1:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's funny that you have forum for a game and games are predominantly played by kids. Yet you expect them to not react like kids.

One thing I have learnt is that kids don't f#$% around. They will tell you if something is trash and it will more than likely be the truth.

If you have a forum, don't wanna listen and you don't want to make changes you deserve all the negative feedback you get. I would expect to lose my job if the quality of my finished product was like d3, even in its current state.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]