Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

I absolutley agree with exa, ( bilzz, should look at this what you wrote) although you should more focus on D3. I know its been said like 35234526643 times, but one of the core problems is, and will be the Auction house.

I remember the time, while playing D2, making it to the II act and having huge problems with Duriel. Solution- i had to lvl up and find new gear, and it was such a rewarding moment when i finally found this kick as.s yellow crystal sword and i could finnaly beat duriel. I was really happy and i felt like i acomplished something.
(Sorry for my english)

It should have been completely obvious to Blizzard that the AH would drastically diminish the game experience.

If Blizzard wakes up and completely rework the entire stat / skill system in the expansion to be closer to Diablo 2, and then make the AH such that it could only sell gems, recipes, runes, etc, then maybe Diablo 3 will have a future.
Edited by exa#1544 on 1/21/2013 3:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/21/2013 12:46 AMPosted by Beast
and haters are not true fans)

Neither are fanbois. At least the "haters" recognize the good parts of the game. The fanbois refuse to acknowledge any flaws at all.
Edited by Caz#1594 on 1/21/2013 3:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 03:33 AMPosted by Mushimushi
and haters are not true fans)

Neither are fanbois. At least the "haters" recognize the good parts of the game. The fanbois refuse to acknowledge any flaws at all.

This is so true when you think about it.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
If the CMs are still reading this thread, perhaps it is time to lock it (but leave it stickied for a bit longer). Its usefulness has run out and it is now just a rotating flame war between players.

Reply Quote
If the CMs are still reading this thread, perhaps it is time to lock it (but leave it stickied for a bit longer). Its usefulness has run out and it is now just a rotating flame war between players.

I like that it's still open, and I like that it's being moderated so heavily. It means at least someone is reading every reply. In fact, I hope it is Rob himself doing the reading and moderating, because that means he personally reads every negative flame that he has to delete. I hope it is an eye-opening excercise, because to get to this point and be surprised and saddened by the response, apparently oblivious to the huge criticisms and vitriol towards the game, the developers, and the community management, is completely unacceptable for the executive producer. You don't get to ride the coattails of the franchise, releasing a sequel that sells millions and go "High Five! Well Done!" and then kick back with your head in the sand and buried in your pile of money, then come here and act all surprised and ignorant.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
boring game. trash director. good riddance. u should leave too rob.

either that or actually start talking to your players
Reply Quote
LOL! way to quit , Jay.
I couldn't care less about all the rambling that was going on about you,
but now that you quit ... i assume it was founded.
deserter!
weak!
Can't stand the heat!
Go away already.
Why don't we get david to sit there huh?
Reply Quote
Itemization was very very different in D2. Nowadays you can't find any good gear because it must have 3 mandatory stats >> main stat/ vita / all res then a 4th that is mandatory on that type of item > speed on boots, crit in helm, crit on bracers, soket on chest, soket on pants, crit dmg or ap on gloves. There isn't much you can do with items in D3. D2 you could find a weapon with increase something on hit or a skill from a different class that made you overpower several levels .. ex ignore armor on paladin ... IMBA ..you never missed.

Itemization is bad in D3. It's not the AH fault. There is no creativity with items, they tried something with legendaries but the changes are so modest that legendaries became very fast mandatory, rather in D2 where you could find tons of yellows better than many legendaries. Also you could totally change your gear if you changed your playstyle .. here you can't. You are stuck with the same gear and the only choice is crit chance for attack speed on gear.
Reply Quote

It should have been completely obvious to Blizzard that the AH would drastically diminish the game experience.

If Blizzard wakes up and completely rework the entire stat / skill system in the expansion to be closer to Diablo 2, and then make the AH such that it could only sell gems, recipes, runes, etc, then maybe Diablo 3 will have a future.

This!!!! This ruin the game so badly.... The status system rework ALONE should force the rework of the item system, to a thing that actually REWARD the effort of the players.

Geez, it's VIDEO GAME 101.... Challenge + Overcoming = Reward. ANY DEVELOPMENT COURSE PRESENT THAT ON THE FIRST WEEK. What the hell Jay Wilson was thinking, and what the hell Pardo was doing instead of supervising to let this golden rule of games pass?

Players are actually PUNISHED with useless and cheap loot for overcoming hard challenges. 99.999999999999999% of the time.
Reply Quote
let's just hope w/e happened to Hellgate:London dosn't happen to D3
Reply Quote
Hey everyone,

I wanted all of you to be some of the first to know that I've made an important decision about my future, and how that decision will affect the future of Diablo.

I recently celebrated my seven-year anniversary working on Diablo III, and while it's been one of the most challenging and rewarding periods of my life, I've reached a point creatively where I'm looking forward to working on something new. The powers that be at Blizzard have been gracious enough to give me that opportunity. Over the course of the next several weeks, I will be moving off of the Diablo III project and transitioning elsewhere within Blizzard. This decision was not an easy one for me, and not one I made quickly, but ultimately it's what I feel is right.

The first thing I want to assure you all is that this will not negatively impact our ongoing support of Diablo III. The game was not made by one person, far from it, and the team that poured their passion and considerable talent into it isn't going anywhere. We have lots of things planned for the future, and those plans will carry forward as normal. I also won't be abandoning the team, and will remain available to them during the transition period while we determine who will take over duties as game director.

To that point, you shouldn't be surprised if you see a job posting for a game director on Diablo III, as we want to make sure we explore every opportunity to find the best possible leadership for the project. We're looking forward to finding this person and hearing what kind of fresh ideas they can bring to the table.

I'm proud of Diablo III, and despite our differences at times I will miss the community that has formed around it. I feel I have made many mistakes in managing that relationship, but my intent was always to provide a great gaming experience, and be as open and receptive as possible, while still sticking true to the vision the Diablo team has for the game.

I know some of you feel we fell short of our promise to release the game "when it's ready." While we're not perfect, we try to make the best decisions we can with the information and knowledge we have at the time. That doesn't mean we always make the right decisions, but if we made a mistake then I feel we've made an exceptional effort to correct it.

This is what you can always count on from Blizzard: that we will stand by our games and make every effort to continually improve them over time. We heard the feedback and suggestions from the community. For example, we agreed that Diablo III's itemization at launch was not good enough, so the team made numerous changes, including changing drop rates, re-tuning legendaries, and adding scores of new items to the game. We also agreed that the end game needed more depth, so the team added new events, and new systems like Monster Power and Paragon levels.

Our commitment to making our games as good as they can be is what has always defined Blizzard as a game studio, and that commitment never ends for us at a ship date. With your help, we'll continue to play, debate, and improve Diablo III, as we've done with every Blizzard game.

To that end, patch 1.0.7 is underway, the PTR is live, and there are many other great things brewing for Diablo in 2013. I'm leaving Diablo III in good hands, and my departure will not jeopardize the progress of the game as we continue to do what we do: listen, play, and improve.

You are the most passionate, dedicated group of gamers a designer could hope to have. I wish you all the best, and want to thank you for making this an amazing experience for me. Keep your axes sharp, your spell books handy, and that crafty devil in check.

--Jay

Bad decision Jay, just bad... This only shows that you're still too stubborn to actually listen and interact with this community. Even indirectly you fail to keep transparency about where the game is going. You do remember you saying it would be a disaster if PvP was not released before the end of 2012 do you? That's just one example. This community has great ideas for this game, but you refuse to listen. Instead you choose to ignore it. You insult us and you look at us as if we're some clueless monkeys that don't know what they want. You decide for us and that's just bad. This post http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709120938 perfectly explains it. Why is it locked by the way? I guess the truth hurts.

We're already on the ground begging you to listen to our ideas and this is the final kick you're giving us by cowardly choosing to leave and go do something else. Instead of being a man and admit your mistake, move on and make this game great, you quit. People forgive Jay if you would simply be man enough to admit you're wrong and we're right. I can only assume you just don't care. And what's up with Mr. Pardo standing up for you? All this makes you look bad Jay.

Mr. Pardo I don't understand why you show your face here now. Did you just hear about the complaints a lot of us are having with this game? Highly unlikely. Yes we are venting our anger towards Jay, again where were you? When did you ever show your face up until now? Did he ever step up to you and represent us, the community? What we want and that some of your decisions are bad ones? If so and he left because of you I would understand. But I don't think that's the case.

The truth is Mr. Pardo that this game was rushed in the end. All the signs point towards a hasty release. No PvP, no endgame, really bad itemization (it still isn't fixed fully), very bad launch and last but not least totally not rewarding in terms of loot. Now explain to me Mr. Pardo how is it possible after more than a decade, learning from Diablo 2, you released a game still in beta? Why not delay it to make it great BEFORE launch? I suspect the last deadline was met and you had to release it. Probably thinking you could get away with "patching" the game to get it where it needs to be.

Quit thinking you know what the community wants and start interacting in more detail. You don't seem to have a clue or are simply ignoring us, otherwise we wouldn't be here complaining about it. WE decide what goes into this game, not you! WE pay for this game. Your ideas are just that, ideas, and should only be implemented if approved by US! Start listening to US!

Zero transparency. No updates on what complaints are heard and on the TODO list for future patches. The CM's repeating themselves over and over that you are listening does not cut it! We want to know what is on the TODO list now! For example what's going to be done about the very blend itemization? What about the majority of legendaries that are mostly not even worth ID'ing?
Edited by Pr1m3v1l#2866 on 1/21/2013 4:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 04:13 AMPosted by Teksuo
let's just hope w/e happened to Hellgate:London dosn't happen to D3

Very unlikely. I mean as much as I've criticized Blizzard for how D3 is turning out, one thing you can say about them positively is that they really do stand behind and support their games for the longer term.

For this to be even remotely possible, the expansion release would have to be a complete failure in terms of commercial sales, and while I think the expansion won't sell anywhere near the box units that the original release did (unless the game is fixed in the meantime), I doubt it would be so bad as to cause Blizzard to suspend support for the game.

==============================================
Hawkeyes Fixit Proposal Posts
==============================================

End-game content: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708411109#1
More meaningful polls: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593742081?page=1#0
Tradable Upgradable BOA Scrolls: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592401379?page=1#0
Reworked MP levels: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592580633?page=1#0
Improved Crafting timers: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709281044#1
Reply Quote
TLDR for some

Itemization is flawed look at the items in D2
Link to the very own blizzard website written by the old d2 team .. perhaps ...

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-110.shtml

Example
6 Socket Weapons
50% Chance To Cast Level 20 Poison Nova When You Kill An Enemy
Indestructible
+60% Increased Attack Speed
+350-400% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+200% Damage To Undead
-25% Target Defense
+50 To Attack Rating
+50 To Attack Rating Against Undead
7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
12-15% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
Prevent Monster Heal
+30 To All Attributes
+1 To Light Radius
Requirements -20%

So we can clean a bit of those since some mechanics aren't in D3 anymore so we get
Indestructible
+200% Damage To Undead
-25% Target Defense
7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+30 To All Attributes

So ... can you really imagine what item this would be ? imagine that there are more than 1 and imagine this is a combination of runes on any 6 soket weapon ... The item above is NOT THE BEST ITEM. It's average

Show me something that gets a bit close to those above in D3 ... NONE
Edited by KinU#1292 on 1/21/2013 4:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

that's all nice cute and all.. but the dude quits.
he's a quitter.
a bailer
a ditcher
couldn't stand the pressure.

defend him all you want its still what comes out of this drastic move.
It looks like what it looks like, sir.

edit: Gotta admit you got balls placing him somewhere else, taking big risks ^^
edit 2: Who the f are you anyways? 1st time i see you here.
Edited by Teksuo#1706 on 1/21/2013 4:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
TLDR for some

Itemization is flawed look at the items in D2
Link to the very own blizzard website written by the old d2 team .. perhaps ...

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-110.shtml

Example
6 Socket Weapons
Indestructible
+200% Damage To Undead
-25% Target Defense
+50 To Attack Rating
+50 To Attack Rating Against Undead
7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+30 To All Attributes
+1 To Light Radius
Requirements -20%

So we can clean a bit of those since some mechanics aren't in D3 anymore so we get
Indestructible
+200% Damage To Undead
-25% Target Defense
7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+30 To All Attributes

So ... can you really imagine what item this would be ? imagine that there are more than 1 and imagine this is a combination of runes on any 6 soket weapon ... The item above is NOT THE BEST ITEM. It's average

Show me something that gets a bit close to those above in D3 ... NONE

BotD!
Reply Quote
Well the game has a lot of problems; skill tree, itemization, crafting system, maps, DRM etc... İ ve a lot of people on my friend list but only %5 is active. A lot of people quit the game. New items, new duelling system cant save this game... I'm not very optimistic about it... Worst thing about Diablo 3, the lore and atmosphere. Bliz ruins one of the best lore in game history.
Reply Quote
"The real Demon´s Souls Starts now".
Reply Quote
GL HF
Reply Quote
..oh.. Jay before you go... please take Kotick, Kosak, GC and Prado with you..

in fact i think the whole Blizzard-thing has just grown too big for itself. maybe burn down the headquarters and hand the rights to blizzard north.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 04:27 AMPosted by Pr1m3v1l
This post http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709120938 perfectly explains it. Why is it locked by the way? I guess the truth hurts.

I wrote that post nearly word for word and deleted it. I knew it would be deleted/locked and/or get me forum banned. Poor guy who eventually had guts to write it prob got banned for it.

You see, Jay W really did bring all the hate on himself. If he was more kind in his responses, perhaps players would have had more empathy for his mistakes.

The post linked is highly rated.

Another thing J said, not in the link,

"Im busy playing a non-Blizz game and i am really enjoying it." Something on those lines.

Why, during a time with many bugs and issues does J tell us that he is not fixing the problems, he instead is chilling out and does not care?

How can J say things like that, things paying customers would get banned for?

Wht possible benefit does it give him or Blizz when he encourages people to play non-Blizz games?

It seems like J tried very hard to upset the community
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]