Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

http://tardbunny.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/in-defense-of-jay-wilson-bullying-is-not-a-game/

Grow up kids.

Seriously, grow up.

LEAVE JAY WILSON ALONE!!!!
Reply Quote
i agree with you Lawman, i have over 1k hours.
its not even fun anymore hell it wasn't even fun 95 percent of the time.

the only time when it was fun was when you try new and different setup so that you could be different from a CM wizard or a WW barb. if you do anything else, you get penalize so much for it.

THIS GAME WOULD BE SOOOO GOOD IF THEY JUST CHANGE SOME FEW MECHANIC
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 08:23 PMPosted by R1chie311
if blizz was smart, they would delete this thread lmao

but they dont check this game xD
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I think this thread is about to cap so well see
Reply Quote
Good luck in life I for one love the game great work.
Reply Quote
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3snwuk/
Reply Quote

I dont think the AHs are the problem, if they change the looting system the AHs wont be a problem, and one of the reasons the AHs were made was to provide casual players a chance to buy gear safely, because people who work all day dont have the same time to farm like a hardcore player.

hahahahahaha, grow up.

at this point with such horrible loot drops at 99.9% of the time -- the RMAH and GAH have been saving some of the player base.

Do you honestly not realize why the loot is designed the way it is? There's no item sink in this game, no item decay, so how do they keep the game's economy from being flooded with desirable items and crashing? They develop this terrible itemization system that promotes absurd levels of desirable item scarcity, so that there's a continual demand for good items.

I mean, why do you think the loot drops are awful 99.9% of the time? Because they thought that would be fun? Just to troll everyone?

If you can't see that the AH's and the itemization are part of the same problem, I'm just not sure what to say to you.

The AH's are the very reason that they can't fix the items, because then there would be so many desirable items being generated that they would fairly quickly be worth absolutely nothing.
Edited by Cryogen#1749 on 1/21/2013 8:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Maybe someone asked this already but I cant read 200 pages so here it goes.
Jay, are you leaving because of what happened in the Newtown's School?
This is not your fault, Diablo 3 is not violent enough to be responsible.
Reply Quote
This whole thing is Meh. Diablo 3 is meh, Jay Wilson is Meh, and as always, the blizzard forum is meh.
Reply Quote
I'm not entirely sure how Rob Pardo can stand behind someone who could generate such an immense amount of hatred.

If this thread isn't indicative of Jay's missteps and the severity of those missteps, I'm not sure that there will ever be sufficient evidence of such. One hundred and ninety nine pages, the bulk of which is a sea of negativity. Atta boy, Jay.

You should put one of those signs that says, 'Abandon hope all ye who enter here' on the Game Director's office door. Fitting for both the position and the game.
Edited by Igoz#1615 on 1/21/2013 8:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 08:43 PMPosted by Razorspin
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3snwuk/

I lol'd.

Rob, why would you hire somebody who doesn't even like Diablo, has no experience in making ARPG's to make the sequel to the best ARPG of all time?

I'm seriously starting to wonder whats going on at blizz and if its just a bunch of suits circle jerking eachother.
Reply Quote
@Lawman

In WoW, there was a good chunk of time I spent really just because of the cool people you'd run into. Duelling, pvp, raiding, running a guild. When the focus of the game brought people together it was a much different experience than what we deal with now.

Now we just deal with waiting for your queue to pop, you do a quick and dirty grind with some strangers you won't ever talk to again, and then back to waiting for another queue.

All the good people of D3/WoW left, by the way, they're playing Guild Wars 2, Minecraft, DOTA 2 (LOL@Blizzard!!!), Torchlight 2 (Epic LOL@Blizzard), Skyrim, or any of the host of top selling PC games that are on fire right now.

I was one of those people who left WoW long ago... but sadly I'm not playing any of those games you mentioned (though many are as you say). Wish there were more PC (only) titles! :)

Valve should get their act together and churn out HL3 (and the mods that come with it!). Will be interesting to see what Blizz's Titan amounts to. Would be a shame if it follows in their new game trend of insta-queue "singleplayer/lonely" closed experiences.
Edited by Onetwo#1132 on 1/21/2013 8:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Do you honestly not realize why the loot is designed the way it is? There's no item sink in this game, no item decay, so how do they keep the game's economy from being flooded with desirable items and crashing? They develop this terrible itemization system that promotes absurd levels of desirable item scarcity, so that there's a continual demand for good items.

I mean, why do you think the loot drops are awful 99.9% of the time? Because they thought that would be fun? Just to troll everyone?

If you can't see that the AH's and the itemization are part of the same problem, I'm just not sure what to say to you.

The AH's are the very reason that they can't fix the items, because then there would be so many desirable items being generated that they would fairly quickly be worth absolutely nothing.

they are completely seperate things. The one thing I think they should have had as an option...and the option i know many WOULD agree with..
A server set without AH's ... one that a person can play on without any AH what-so-ever...
guess what - you will still have the same junky items on it as the servers with an AH.

The AH's are not part of the problem -- the poor loot system itself is 100% the problem. if it were fixed - the only expensive items on the AH's would be the extremely rare to find stuff - not the stuff with stats that actually rolled correctly.
Reply Quote
200 pages... Feels good man.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]