Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

To the future lead

There's no such thing as too much power
Reply Quote
This whole situation sort of reminds me of when your favorite sports team has a terrible year and they fire the coach. I have no doubt that Jay Wilson tried his hardest and did the best he could, but his best wasn't even close to good enough for what this game deserves. Hopefully the new director will have a different vision for the game.
Reply Quote
The trollage is strong in those ones!!!!

ppl u dont even know what r u talking about, and it is not like Jay was cuddling in his blanket waiting for your ignorant approvals. come and talk about the game when u actually learn how to talk, otherwise be quite the world is a better place without you..

Jay Wilson did an awesome job, is the game perfect? no, nothing is. is the game epic? hell ya. So thank you for each and every minute spent in this game dont want a single second back if even if i could.

D3 rules all, with all its flaws. dont believe still? go and play anything else, other wise again no one wants to read your comments, simply stop playing the game. easy fix isnt it?
Reply Quote
Jay deserves everything he got. The game is awful and that's why the community died.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 12:13 PMPosted by CrazyNRG
Time to re-hire Blizzard North staff and makes this game in to the real Diablo 3 it should of been Blizzard.

I was thinking absolutely the same thing, just seconds before reading this one ...

Would be very interesting, if Bill Roper, the Schaefer Brothers and Co. could get on board trying to make the best of a bad job. (primarily talking about the Story)

I love Diablo since the very beginning of the franchise, therefore i would have appreciated a more suitable story-telling ...
Edited by Galahad#2413 on 1/21/2013 10:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Silencio
200 pages... Feels good man.

It's a little late to start digging. The holes just too deep.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Galahad
Time to re-hire Blizzard North staff and makes this game in to the real Diablo 3 it should of been Blizzard.

I was thinking absolutely the same thing, just seconds before reading this one ...

Would be very interesting, if Bill Roper, the Schaefer Brothers and Co. could get on board trying to make the best of a bad job. (primarily talking about the Story)

I love Diablo since the very beginning of the franchise, therefore i would have appreciated a more suitable story-telling ...

don't even get me started ever since this games release its been a nightmare, vendors where never told the game was "Online To Play" so you had a huge chunk of players who don't have internet having to file for refunds or store credit.
Reply Quote
Best of luck Jay Wilson. Although the community have been harsh on you and I too at times were harsh on my words but we all know that you aren't the sole person to be held responsibility for the fans dissatisfaction. Blizzard as a whole is accountable for the horrible D3 lore and also the RMAH. Deckard Cain's departure was acceptable because it leaves a plot hole that we might see him again somewhere but Tyrael's transformation into a human Tyrone isn't.

In our hearts, Tyrael has always been an iconic Archangel. Glorious, heroic, brave and most of all, Justified but in D3 he is none of the above. He's just a wuss running around, waving his sword dealing pathetic amount of damage and hiding at a corner while we battle off hordes of demons. That isn't Tyrael at all.

This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Rob, no offense but yes, Blizzard may be able to improve many aspect of the current gameplay through patches and whatnot. However, the reality is the lore has been totally devastated in D3. Deckard Cain dying to some pixie fairy which ranks far below that of the Prime Evil. Skeleton King and Butcher's reappearance unjustified and worst of all, our iconic Archangel reduced to a whining, crying, pathetic damage dealing weakling is totally unacceptable.

Yes, Blizzard cinematics may be totally the best I've seen but come on. Do you really think D3's lore is as good as D2? Kindly watch all cinematics of D2 and tell me how did D3 justify such outcome.
Edited by FateZero#1817 on 1/21/2013 10:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Features we got from D3
Paragon Levels
Inferno
Better Graphics
Follower Skills
New resource per hero
Runestones for Abilities
Gems have 9 additional quality levels
Dye for changing gear colour
Shared Stash across all characters
RMAH
Items take up less space
Banners

Features missing
Levels 61-99
Talent Tree's and Synergy
Rune system/words for items
Stats/attribution allocation per level
Quick switch to secondary weapons
Stackable Buffs e.g. Warcry Barb can put up 3 buffs
PvP
4+ players or more
Game Lobby
Ladder System with Ladder Reset creating a new economy per reset.
Benefits for playing Ladder; items that don't exist on non-ladder,
Benefits for playing Hardcore; ear and gold bounty on death
Benefits for Playing Softcore; staying alive and having fun

What you thought was a good feature
Everyone has separate gold and loot drops
Prompt popup for boss fight
Auction House (found in the main menu and not inside the game)
Abilities can be changed at any time with no cost.
Passives are limited to a list which you can only pick 3 of any combination. If you had enough levels in Diablo II you could place few points per passive to receive some benefit from all.
More linear than Diablo II questing.

Additional features to expect
Duelling or Sparring for each other’s bounty. Set X gold and/or select Y gear as bounty and commence event.
We need more Death effects and animation.
Players can create a clan , set clan alt title and banner logo for all. Clans use different totems, pikes, etc to hold their Banners.
Trophy room in-game with all PVE and PVP accomplishments. It can contain nails, skin, shards, hair, ears, horns, tusks, sigils, etc from monsters or player kills or quests. E.g. Predators trophy room

The overall art team went crazy nuts with spikey/pointy gear, regardless of theme. It didn't feel right not having any of the old themed gear look a likes from diablo 2.

I know I missed some important things from both worlds but everyone can see the bigger picture , no?
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 had the potential to be an absolutely beautiful game. The lore for the franchise was impeccable. Diablo and Diablo 2 were both fantastic games, having the community wanting more. However, it is with great sorrow that I say this is not longer true. Diablo 3 does not have a strong community like Diablo 2 did. Now I'm not going around pointing out specifics that I believe are wrong because I do not play Diablo 3 anymore. I feel it was a waste of money and time. I refuse to buy any future Blizzard products because of this sad excuse for a game. Jay Wilson was the director, so it is partially his fault. Regardless of what Rob has to say, it was ultimately Jays decision what direction the game took. Seven years at Blizzard is great, but not for the director of a Diablo game. Ten years Blizzard had the community wait for Diablo 3. Claiming it will be done when it's done. Then not even have PvP upon release of the game. What was the big rush Blizzard? All of sudden you want to push the game out unfinished? Not only did you anger the people that focus on gameplay. You pissed off the lore community as well. The holes in the story of D3 are indescribable. The community understands that Diablo 3 was not developed by one person. Are you insinuating that your community is oblivious to how the gaming industry works? Blizzard needs to evaluate their whole team and work on their inner cogs of the company. Rob, I understand you are the only person here who has worked with Jay personally. Congratulations, you had a hand in destroying a beautiful creation. Give yourself a big pat on the back. What I don't understand is why what's left of the product team from D2 let this happen. Is it because most of influence for Diablo and Diablo II left Blizzard and you tried to replace them with people who knew nothing about Diablo?

I would say good riddance, but it seems Jay is moving higher up in Blizzard. Which means more future games he can "direct".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

I bought Diablo 3 about a week after it came out, even though I had been bellyaching online and with my friends about the drastic changes to the game. I figured, Diablo was one of my favorite games, and I didn't want to be the one that missed out on "the best game in the franchise". So despite my qualms about always-online DRM and real money trade auction houses, I bought myself and my brother a copy.

Not even a few minutes into playing, I could tell something was wrong. The itemization was weak, weapons were just stat sticks, and I was constantly losing progress because of my spotty internet connection. The story was lazy and felt uninspired, even for an action game. Everyone had something to say, even though I was tired of hearing them talk.

Also imagine my surprise when I found out that the 2008 demo video was completely staged; a hoax. Combined with the increasing number of messages coming from Blizzard or Jay Wilson that deemed to tell its players that they were playing the game "wrong", or that they imagined what they thought was fun in the previous Diablo games, it seemed like they had lost touch with what Diablo was about.

I consider myself an avid gamer. I collect games, even the ones that I don't play or didn't care for. Diablo 3 was the first and only game where I absolutely, sincerely regretted both the purchase and the time sunk into it. My brother had given up on it after just a couple of days. I think I lasted about 2 weeks. I appreciate the fact that you refunded my 2 copies of the game. And I hope you understand that I cannot, in good faith, recommend this game to my friends who were waiting for my reaction to it.

I really hope you take a longer look over the direction you've been steering this game into, and realize your mistakes. I will patiently await your next try with Diablo 4, if it gets there. Though with a lot more hesitation and research next time.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Rob Pardo
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

To me it just makes me sad ... but it infuriates me to see how you try to convince us that the game is AAA like we were stupid.

The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it.

The community deserves a Diablo game, Diablo III this is not worth the $ 50+ it costs.

I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best.

For your own sake and Blizzard... I hope you did not meant it seriously ...

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game.

that's not my job but ...Lineage Eternal... Mu Online... say no more ... Make the online worthwhile the hell out!.

I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

And I just want a game that does not bore me after a month, and I was not the feeling of having wasted my money ... Do I believe that there is a lot to ask the great Blizzard famous for AAA games? ... I have met who have no games half years of development that have achieved and at least give me game for five months and leave me with a good feeling.

No luck I wish for you or Jay, rather all Blizzard to one day out of the hole that ye may yourselves have dug.

Be more humble, and stop being so snooty as to believe that you can do as you please with those, that have made you to be one of the most famous brands in the world of games, yes ... I refer to your fans.

Good luck
Reply Quote
Give us PVP with a ladder system...
Reply Quote
You know what, Rob? The community does deserve a better D3 game, I just wish you and Jay had delivered. And congrats, you want to blamed? You've earned my scorn, but I'll still say that Jay was the main reason for the failure of D3.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

That's your, and blizzard problem. Stop thinking you're the best because of what blizzard has done in the past and because you pat each other on the back and say "we work for Blizzard WE MUST BE AWESOME". Like a bunch of Hollywood elites that give each other awards in lavish ceremonies to movies that bombed at the box office because they were "well done", while passing up the blockbusters.

Stop being obsessed with "your vision for the game" and fighting us and arguing with us every time we bring up an objection to something you did or propose. This may come as a shock, but we know what we like, better than you do. And you, and your blues, coming into the forums to "better explain your design philosophies" does not help. As if we are all bunch of idiots and the reason we don't like or agree with your design is because you didn't explain it well enough for us rubes.

You say Jay is awesome and one of the best. Well you know what, the Diablo community by in large, disagreed. Diablo was sold on D2 and blizzards reputation alone. And really, we should have all seen it coming that this game was nowhere near ready for release. Giving it away for free with the WoW annual pass? No leveling past 20 in the beta while claiming it was to preserve the story? All bad signs. But we trusted you.

Here is a huge tip. And you are not going to like it one bit. But you want all the diablo community who swore off you and blizzard to come back? Coupled with the redemption of the diablo series and a huge restoration of faith in blizzard? When, and ONLY when first expansion for diablo 3 is ready........release it for free. As a free upgrade to people who already had diablo 3 and as a free expansion for people who buy D3 new. No gimmicks, no strings, not bundled with whatever the 3rd installment of starcraft is going to be. Free.
Reply Quote
jay so bad.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 is disapointing.
Edited by Sumerian#1129 on 1/21/2013 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 11:35 PMPosted by Herethebeef

That's your, and blizzard problem. Stop thinking you're the best because of what blizzard has done in the past and because you pat each other on the back and say "we work for Blizzard WE MUST BE AWESOME". Like a bunch of Hollywood elites that give each other awards in lavish ceremonies to movies that bombed at the box office because they were "well done", while passing up the blockbusters.

Stop being obsessed with "your vision for the game" and fighting us and arguing with us every time we bring up an objection to something you did or propose. This may come as a shock, but we know what we like, better than you do. And you, and your blues, coming into the forums to "better explain your design philosophies" does not help. As if we are all bunch of idiots and the reason we don't like or agree with your design is because you didn't explain it well enough for us rubes.

You say Jay is awesome and one of the best. Well you know what, the Diablo community by in large, disagreed. Diablo was sold on D2 and blizzards reputation alone. And really, we should have all seen it coming that this game was nowhere near ready for release. Giving it away for free with the WoW annual pass? No leveling past 20 in the beta while claiming it was to preserve the story? All bad signs. But we trusted you.

Here is a huge tip. And you are not going to like it one bit. But you want all the diablo community who swore off you and blizzard to come back? Coupled with the redemption of the diablo series and a huge restoration of faith in blizzard? When, and ONLY when first expansion for diablo 3 is ready........release it for free. As a free upgrade to people who already had diablo 3 and as a free expansion for people who buy D3 new. No gimmicks, no strings, not bundled with whatever the 3rd installment of starcraft is going to be. Free.

I agree with you.
Reply Quote
answer me this?? jay or rob why is it at 12 am pst that there is only 200 games of d3 playable and when you log into d2 theres 20 thousand??.... Im only counting west server theres still east server also and i think still oceanic...
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 1/21/2013 11:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]