Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

Jay, I've seen and played your other games and they were good, but the ARPG genre just wasn't for you man. We were mad only because we cared for this game. Best of luck and God Bless you on this new project.

To the new Dev/team...Think BIG! Think what D2 was and ALOT more! Huge environments, diverse monsters, specific legendary items for different builds, more players per game, improved atmosphere/music, more ways to personally customize your characters... bring that mature feeling back!
Reply Quote
The good thing about all this is that finally Jay wilson is not at the head of Diablo 3.

Much people tend to exxagerate the hate... but Rob Pardo, just listen to me, to what ill say, because ill try to be as impartial as possible.

D3 is not bad, and i can see the effort put by wilson and his team to make this game good, in their way....
but sadly, he just went wrong in too many decitions... starting from his decition to just make a totally different game from the winning formula of D2. Telling us what is fun and what not is also his mistakes... and to me, even when i dont know Jay, he seems to be the kind of guy who just dont listen to anyone when things are going wrong...and just continue going forward.

He was toos tubborn to listen, and in his poor attempt to make something different to blizzard north... he just took all the wrong decitions possible.

7 years...... 7 years is A WHOLE LOT to develop a game.... in fact i have never heard of a game that lasted soooo much time in development.... and the state the game was when it came out .... says ALOT of what went on the Blizzard studios and says a lot about Wilson.

Sorry Pardo, but the facts are just there and the fans bitterness is not exactly because they like to hate for the sake of it.

Now is ur turn to make a move and make this game something worth the diablo name.. but u will have to work a lot.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 02:16 PMPosted by wongkeiying
OK guys time to write up your resumes since you seem be be such experts at this game. Let's see how easy it is for you. But I doubt one person would submit.

I would submit.
How could anyone, even a pack of trained monkeys, make a bigger mess than Jay Wilson???

Plus, Rob Pardo's post demonstrates that Blizz doesn't really care. So, how could anyone, even a pack of trained monkeys, fail ??? Its easy money.

I also can't imagine how it could get any worse. take a drunkard from the street and the game will probably improve.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
^ lmao!
Reply Quote
Iv been away for about 6 months from this game, got tired of never getting anything worth using, and prices in the AH being so outragously high you had to bot just to afford anything lol..

But i came back last weekend, and spent 3 straight days playing, only stopping to eat occasionally, and bathroom breaks.. I love some of the changes they have made, and the items, monsters, missions ect that they have added.. Prices for good items are much more reasonable now in the AH, you can find some great stuff for very cheap if you look hard.

I still think there is more they can do too improve the game, and im sure they will (i would love an expantion) ..

But i have to say, as a rabid long time D2 player, D3 dissapointed me ALOT when released.. But now i totally love it. Im totally addicted, been gearing up my Barb with tons of great legendary items, that are now actually worth using.

I may have taken about a year to get there, but i now beleive that D3 lives up to the high standards of the Diablo franchise..
Reply Quote
I'm not surprised... Blizzard intentions are quite clear.

Team Jay screwed this franchise reputation pretty bad. It took an once loved and respected game and turned it into one of the most hated games worldwide. It sold a lot, but just because Diablo and Diablo 2 were great.

But because he is being considered the responsible for this failure (and because Blizzard wants to milk this cash cow a little more), Jay Wilson needs to stay out of future developments on Diablo's franchise so people might think (mistakenly) that "things may get better".

So, Jay Wilson will be reallocated. But how do you reallocate someone with such a bad reputation? It has to be in a place where people might think he's experienced... maybe RTS?
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Dantevious66
If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Rob Pardo, this is such BS. I, for one (and probably of small group of us), know how the corporate world works - especially when video gaming companies are swallowed up by large companies with a intent of making money. In fact, I don't even blame you and Jay Wilson for this whole mess! You guys were just doing your JOB and told what to do. Employees with stings attached leading back to 'big boys" floor. But that is no excuse for this crap of a game. I can't believe not one person sat back and said "This game kinda sucks! Alot of people are not going to like this direction we've gone.". This game missed the mark with the Diablo franchise. Two things killed this game:

1) Flashy graphics and no strategy
2) Auction house

Really? 20 trillion gold for a piece of armor? WTH? Or spending real money for a good weapon? That's Activision shareholders putting in their 5 cents regarding gameplay. And in regards to strategy - WHERE IS IT? THERE IS NONE! And yes I've played the game to inferno. Killing Diablo and it was like "This it it?". OK! And screw the paragon crap. You and evryone else knows that was done just to keep players from leaving 'Blizzard National Bank'. I felt like I was wasting hours to get to paragon 100 - and for nothing. You want suggestions - here's a suggestion - just call it done with D3 and move on to D4. Stop wasting your time with patches - all it does is stress your employees out and forcing them to "be transfered" or quit. And don't tell me it hasn't happened because of this farce.

I know this part of my reply is going to piss off some Diablo 3 players - mostly the "Wow, that was cool looking!!" kids and players that like seeing there in-game names up in website spotlights. I play Path of Exile. There is no 'play to win' crap. There is no stupid AH. It has no gear-grind endgame to it! It's a good solid game designed by developers that WANTED to give gamers a great ARPG game. Though it's not the most glitzy and "wow in your face graphics" type of game- it is a good game nonetheless . Grinding Gear Games listens to suggestions and didn't shove a final product down our throats (just went from closed beta to open beta). Seeing that kind of dedication to a game made it easy for me to buy a supporter pack to show my appreciation for what they've done. That 'customer first' approach brings in loyalty to a game and/or franchise. With Blizzard/Activsion, that got thrown out with the daily trash. Good luck Jay Wilson. And Rob Pardo, take some time off to go home and play Diablo 1, 2, and Lod, come back work and start working on Diablo 4...

+1 on everything you wrote...
Reply Quote
The complaints make it sound as though the best game would play on autopilot and supreme items would reign down on all players just for having made the purchase. People complain about almost everything. I'd guess some of the clowns complaining the loudest r the worse game players to have come down the pike in a long time. I doubt very much that many of the corrections suggested by the most outspoken players would actually be well received. I have to admit that at times the game could be a bit frustating but in every instance a solution was not that difficult to find. The game has great depth in character development, maybe a bit too deep for the average player to appreciate. Every different char can be a monster, it just takes the right combination of items and skills, better selection sets for either can help compensate when 1 or the other is lacking. I'm completely satisfied with my purchase, much more affordable than most other forms of entertainment. Nice job and good luck on your next endeavor. By the way your PR skills are great, you were more than thoughtful and considerate in your responses, I'm surprised that u could "bite your tongue" as often as was necessary.
Reply Quote
Make items lose 20% stats when AH'd. That's the only way you'll earn any respect.

THIS IS AN ITEM HUNTING GAME
Reply Quote
You know something is wrong when the forums are more entertaining than the game itself.
Reply Quote

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game.

Shut down both Auction Houses or open a server that does not have an Auction House. D2 for the win.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 03:24 PMPosted by Jee
You know something is wrong when the forums are more entertaining than the game itself.

You find it entertaining because you and people like you, find pleasure in the misery and pain of others. In short, you are a subhuman.

I feel bad for you.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Deadlight

You find it entertaining because you and people like you, find pleasure in the misery and pain of others. In short, you are a subhuman.

I feel bad for you.

I'm not a subhuman, I'm a Nephalem.
Reply Quote
I think for the D3 team to make such bold moves as the auction house, as well as change features and gameplay from D2 it shows that they are committed to trying new things, succeed or fail. This alone makes Blizzard stand out, and I look forward to Jay's next game with Blizzard.

Take it easy Jay, get some rest. Don't stress over the complaints.
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Much love Mr. Pardo. Pat Jay on the back for me please and thank you.
Reply Quote

Rob Pardo, this is such BS. I, for one (and probably of small group of us), know how the corporate world works - especially when video gaming companies are swallowed up by large companies with a intent of making money. In fact, I don't even blame you and Jay Wilson for this whole mess! You guys were just doing your JOB and told what to do. Employees with stings attached leading back to 'big boys" floor. But that is no excuse for this crap of a game. I can't believe not one person sat back and said "This game kinda sucks! Alot of people are not going to like this direction we've gone.". This game missed the mark with the Diablo franchise. Two things killed this game:

1) Flashy graphics and no strategy
2) Auction house

Really? 20 trillion gold for a piece of armor? WTH? Or spending real money for a good weapon? That's Activision shareholders putting in their 5 cents regarding gameplay. And in regards to strategy - WHERE IS IT? THERE IS NONE! And yes I've played the game to inferno. Killing Diablo and it was like "This it it?". OK! And screw the paragon crap. You and evryone else knows that was done just to keep players from leaving 'Blizzard National Bank'. I felt like I was wasting hours to get to paragon 100 - and for nothing. You want suggestions - here's a suggestion - just call it done with D3 and move on to D4. Stop wasting your time with patches - all it does is stress your employees out and forcing them to "be transfered" or quit. And don't tell me it hasn't happened because of this farce.

I know this part of my reply is going to piss off some Diablo 3 players - mostly the "Wow, that was cool looking!!" kids and players that like seeing there in-game names up in website spotlights. I play Path of Exile. There is no 'play to win' crap. There is no stupid AH. It has no gear-grind endgame to it! It's a good solid game designed by developers that WANTED to give gamers a great ARPG game. Though it's not the most glitzy and "wow in your face graphics" type of game- it is a good game nonetheless . Grinding Gear Games listens to suggestions and didn't shove a final product down our throats (just went from closed beta to open beta). Seeing that kind of dedication to a game made it easy for me to buy a supporter pack to show my appreciation for what they've done. That 'customer first' approach brings in loyalty to a game and/or franchise. With Blizzard/Activsion, that got thrown out with the daily trash. Good luck Jay Wilson. And Rob Pardo, take some time off to go home and play Diablo 1, 2, and Lod, come back work and start working on Diablo 4...

+1 on everything you wrote...

Yep, They tried to re-invent the wheel and ended up !@#$ing up an already spectacular franchise. My favorite franchise. It sucks to know that the franchise's next game was created by a new development team and taken so far off base even with the STORY and game play from its predecessors. I waited ten years for this game and I cannot tell you how disappointed I was to see the itemization, rail-binging game style(the choose a quest to start a game and no hosting games with a name), the unrewarding boss kills, and that god forsaken Auction House. This development team could have taken the Diablo 2 model, added the new combat style, put cool downs on potions and some skills, added a new and BETTER story line than what was written with some new graphics and there would have been less than HALF the complaints there have been made about this game. And there would probably be more than twice as many people actually playing it. People were still playing D2 up until this game was released and still are... Tell me why there would not have been a larger community. I am sorry, but you CANNOT FIX what is not BROKEN. I don't mean Diablo 2 as a whole, but they tried to fix aspects of that game that were NOT BROKEN, it has pissed way too many people off, and for some reason they REFUSE to return it to their original state.
Edited by MindSculptor#1392 on 1/22/2013 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]