Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

Hire KRIPPARIAN!
Reply Quote
Time for Blizzard to beg all the workers of Blizzard North to come back.

BTW, this must be the best news for the Diablo franchise since D2 came out.
Reply Quote
You sir, made a good game. Not epic, not Blizzard like, not awarded and definitely not Diablo and because of these, Im glad you're out. Sorry.
Reply Quote
Poe got your money - so you only play one game - I am on the beta too - its like playing a game that was made in the 90's
Reply Quote
From Kotaku comments:

Here is your official ActiBlizzard translation for the day:

What he said:
"I recently celebrated my seven-year anniversary working on Diablo III, and while it's been one of the most challenging and rewarding periods of my life, I've reached a point creatively where I'm looking forward to working on something new."
What he means:
"I recently celebrated my seven-year anniversary working on Diablo III, and the sensation of defeat and disappointment is too much to continue going in to work everyday, so I'm abandoning ship; because, lets face it: This !@#$% sinking."

What he said:
"I'm proud of Diablo III, and despite our differences at times I will miss the community that has formed around it."
What he means:
"I've put too much of my life into this project to flat out call it Crap, and even though you all were telling me from the beginning LOUD and CLEAR what was wrong, I ignored you and am going to continue to do so. Only now it's official."

What he said:
"I know some of you feel we fell short of our promise to release the game 'when it's ready.'"
What he means:
"We understand your overall disappointment with this game after so much hype and anticipation. We don't care."

What he said:
"This is what you can always count on from Blizzard: that we will stand by our games and make every effort to continually improve them over time."
What he means:
"This is what you can always count on from Activision: that we will stand by our games only as long as they are making us money."

What he said:
"Our commitment to making our games as good as they can be is what has always defined Blizzard as a game studio, and that commitment never ends for us at a ship date."
What he means:
"Our commitment to making our games so they will make as much money as possible has always defined Activision as a competitor with EA, and that commitment never ends for us at a ship date; It ONLY ends when we stop making money."

What he said:
"You are the most passionate, dedicated group of gamers a designer could hope to have. I wish you all the best, and want to thank you for making this an amazing experience for me."
What he means:
"You are a bunch of whiners and complainers. The standard of MOST games nowadays isn't what you want it to be. You should thank your lucky stars you even GOT a Diablo 3. If you don't like it shut the ^-*! up and go play Torchlight 2. I know I am. That game is WAAAAYY BETTER! AMIRITE? lol"
Reply Quote
Wow, i actually have some faith that this game will be repaired. Everyone thanking Jay for his work is delusional. There are plenty of people who could of put as much work and effort into D3 as him and they probably would of ended up with a much better project. Blizz wouldn't be transferring him away from D3 if they thought he did an amazing job with the game. With a little luck in 5-6 months time we may actually have an enjoyable D3 experience. $^#& that loser.
Reply Quote
93 Orc Monk
I have a ton of respect and admiration for Jay Wilson. I think the skill system was the right choice and I think by being the face of the game, he gets so much unnecessary and unfair criticism. Diablo III is a great game and I look forward to it getting even better.
Reply Quote
miracle/10
Reply Quote
+1
Liked
sticky requested
Bookmarked
Took a picture, had it framed
got the first post tattooed on my back
Naming my first child 7592242994
Writing a science fiction novel titled "Seven years in sanctuary" about a gentle space alien who's welcomed to earth but his influence ruins our planet and society during a tragic 7 year period
Buying Activision stock
Regretting Activition stock
....Selling Activision stock
Googling "Next gen MMO -Blizzard"
Reply Quote
Thanks for everything!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been noticing an awful amount of bashing going on around the internet, and honestly, I think it's unfair to you, Jay, to have to put up with it, but unfortunately, that just comes with position, I suppose.

I just wanted to say thanks so much for D3. It has certainly lived up to all of my hype, and I still enjoy playing it. Good luck in your future position - I personally can't wait to see where you end up!
Reply Quote
+1
Liked
sticky requested
Bookmarked
Took a picture, had it framed
got the first post tattooed on my back
Naming my first child 7592242994
Writing a science fiction novel titled "Seven years in sanctuary" about a gentle space alien who's welcomed to earth but his influence ruins our planet and society during a tragic 7 year period
Buying Activision stock
Regretting Activition stock
....Selling Activision stock
Googling "Next gen MMO -Blizzard"

LMFAO
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 12:08 PMPosted by CKTheBoss
Finally maybe now we can have skill points and talent trees? And like real world hostile PvP? And like maybe more then 1 build and synergy within classes. OLMG. Maybe a lvl 99 lvl cap and instead of farming elites we can farm bosses? Like in D2.

So much this.
Reply Quote
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Now is there any hope that someone will come in who can actually fix this travesty of a game that taints the name of the Diablo franchise? Or will it take an xpac to actually do anything positive?
Reply Quote
Thanks for the amazing game i still play!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]