Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

ITT: Typical Blizz flamer/hater.

If you don't have the same opinion as "everyone" else (THIS GAME SUCKZ!!!!!!!!!111) you're either a fanboy or working for blizzard.

You guys suck.
Reply Quote
[/quote]
Typical ignorant suit mindset, you don't give a damn about fans and what makes a game enjoyable, you only care about profits and the fellow suits protecting you.

Real name and Blizzard employee ID please, and go join JW and get away from this franchise, 95% of Diablo fans know how much BS this corporation has been spewing out in excuses for piss-poor quality...

Yes, i do mean completely piss-poor quality of a game, this should never have been released even in the state its currently in. All this hatred spewing is well-deserved, but not just for Mr. Wilson, for the entire D3 crew that ignored what made D2 so popular and pissing all over what actually gives you a paycheck: ex-loyal fans ( you've already lost enough fans to lose credibility permanently)[/quote]

I will sign this as well.
One creative director looking to protect another. In any job you have to accept criticism if you perform poorly. Many here said that Jay Wilson tried his best and deserves respect for that; I disagree. If that is his best he should have not been in this position in the first place. upper management failed their jobs as well.
Recent years it seems that nobody wants to take responsibility anymore for their mistakes. What happened to the honourable thing to do which is to put your hand up and apologize for mistakes and try to make up for it (like giving the players the possibility of a moddable offline mode).
The only break I give Jay Wilson is that it seems the project was always about squeezing out every bit of profit wherever possible and neglect the actual quality of the product. It is a product that people want to enjoy and not pay more to enjoy. So I bet many ideas were scrapped as they did not fit in with the business model.
I always hoped games would move more towards a respectable artform with all its possibilities but D3 clearly shows that this is not a priority. It is a pity for the medium and D3 shows this very clearly.
Edited by Xiphoideus#2247 on 1/24/2013 5:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Tho I dont belive in God .. The only words come to my mind after reading this post is " God bless you , good sir ! " . Jay ( and his team , and you too ofc ) did great work on D3 . I bet there are lots of players who appreciate Jay's tallent . Thanks you very much for hiring such a tallented person to lead D3 team ! Hope to see many good things from you , Jay , D3 team and rest of top quality company named Blizzard in future .
You guys are awesome , please dont feel bad because of immature internet users . Instead please continue being great and providing lots of fun for us ! <3
Reply Quote
Jay (and Rob):

I'm going to be perfectly honest here. The game was good when I bought it, something like four or five months after it originally came out. It had, though, gamebreakers. Namely, the difficulty spikes, some achievements that were pretty much impossible to achieve and the fact that you could spend hours, the whole campaign actually, kicking !@# and you would get scraps for items. I finished the game and didn't play it much after that.

I've started to play again very recently, with all the new patches and stuff and, to my view, the game has improved A LOT. Most of the issues I had with gameplay, aren't there anymore (I can't say if it's all fixed since, at this time, it's kind of discovering the game again).

My two current problems with the game?

* No attention to the Hardcore community: I understand that we're the minority of players and I perfectly understand (and accept, since I'm a regular HC player) the risks of this type of game. Still, could we get a little bit more bang for our buck? Perhaps more achievements, or banner stuff, perhaps titles; something that would make a big difference, though, would be a way to protect the toons in case of lag and disconnect. Auto-Pause? I'm not asking for something as "dramatic" as "invulnerability as long as the system detects that you're not connected or lagging," but a measure of protection from "death that's not our fault" would be good. It would be greatly appreciated.

* The Story: This cannot be fixed. It's very sad that the story of Diablo went from "Gothic-Horror" (just look at the ending of the original two games) to "Pulp." At this point, I'm expecting the expansion to be based around "Saving Leah," even though she should remain dead, her death should be a great tragedy that reminds us about Griswold, about Blood Raven, about King Leoric, Lachdanan, Albrecht and The Dark Wanderer himself.

Why the game was released like this after seven years of development?

I'm sorry things turned out the way they did, for everyone involved in this great quest of Diablo 3, Jay. As a long-time Diablo fan, I regret to tell you that your view (and maybe Mr. Pardo's) of what Diablo should be, isn't very loyal to what we, as an audience, expected. Don't take me wrong, it is a wonderful game. But the spirit is not there. Going from the poem on The Halls of the Blind to Diablo shouting "terrrrrooooaaaarrr" just... didn't do any good.

May you have a great future and success in the company. I have faith in the expansion, may it be what Lord of Destruction was to Diablo II!
Reply Quote
He ruined D3 and now comes destroy another :-(
Reply Quote
Dear all,

I definitely liked the first and second opus from Diablo, thanks to the possibility to play solo player without being online and the strong choiches in character development.

Unfortunately this was not particulary present in Diablo 3 and I would like very much to see this taken care of in an add-on.

This may seem as a smal issue, but customers where cast aside as all parents do not take kindly to an online for single player standard. A revenue loss which should give Blizzard some food for thought.

Wishing the programming team the best for their endeavours so far,

gdelusignan
Reply Quote
I have great respect for you jay. It couldn't have been an easy job with all of the hate you and the company recieved by I respect your patience and continued effort on the project. I wish you the best of luck, and hope your not project turns out better than this one.

Cheers,
Zach
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

You know what pisses me off the most "Rob Pardo". You, Jay, and your team of money hungry dicks didn't make this game because of your passion for gaming and gamers. You revolved this game solely off of profits. Not only that, you took the best feature of this game (the social aspect of it). Your team made it to where we couldnt even speak to the hundreds of thousands players of this game. Forcing us to use your RMAH. You and your teams traded your passion for a flow chart on a power point presentation. So don't give me some half !@# apology. From scrutiny comes understanding, and from understanding comes support. If you want my Support Mr. Pardo or Mr. Wilson, you have to apologize for the real problems that have made this game unplayable. Admit your mistakes, don't bury them. Find your passion again. Then only can you fix a game that was created by one mans passion. David Brevik.
Reply Quote
Cheer up, Jay. It could be worse, you could be Mark Sanchez, QB of the New York Jets.

You know, the same person that ran head first into a teammate's rear end AND FUMBLED, then got recovered by the other team (Patriots) for a touchdown.

He also threw about 400 interceptions this year.
Reply Quote
All I want to know is who was the person that looked at this game back in 2010 with all it's cool graphics, excellent sound, kick !@# spell effects, awesome game play and said. "You know what? I don't think the players would want this so we better get rid of it." Whoever that was should not even have a job at Blizzard any more. In fact whoever was on the dev team then should not have a job at Blizzard any more. You had it so right back then. Then for some reason beyond comprehension you destroyed it. It's still an "ok" game but nothing you can play for more then a week before shelving it for a few months only to pull it out when you get bored.
Reply Quote

Seeing a post like this leads me to believe that Jay has seen some of the hurtful comments in this thread and is possibly (and likely) disheartened by them. I know what you mean when you said "This thread saddens me greatly".

I just want to say, if the response was due to someone being overly upset about one side of the community here (the hate side) then know that it is a small minority that are IMHO nothing more than disrespectful. Yes some people out there wanted the game to be different, but I believe your team has done an admiral job adding in new features. Most game companies don't give a !@#$ after the product is shipped and the sales are good.

Try to disregard all the hate speech, know that the majority of us actually do have respect for Jay and wish him the best in his future endeavors.
The unhappy people are in the minority? The amount of people playing this game on a regular basis right now is proof of how many are not happy. You used to get a group for a public game fast because there were so many. I just played from act one through act 3 with an open game and not one joined in that 4 plus hours of farming those acts.
Reply Quote
ITT: Typical Blizz flamer/hater.

If you don't have the same opinion as "everyone" else (THIS GAME SUCKZ!!!!!!!!!111) you're either a fanboy or working for blizzard.

You guys suck.

And what about those of us that have shared concise, pointed criticisms and provided enough feedback to give Jay Wilson and his staff a multitude of ways to alleviate what we feel are problems?

Are our opinions any less valid than yours?

This thread is a perfect example of what this community has become. Mockery and insulting Blizzard is the norm with a smattering of people who support Blizzard enough to draw some of the fire. And on the outer edges you have the people who have kept a level head and can still form rational thoughts staring at the chaos saying, "Holy sh*t, this is a train wreck."
Reply Quote
Today is Day #250 of Diablo 3.

Still no live PvP and still impossible to get 100% Achievements.

Tick tock.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Barlion
The amount of people playing this game on a regular basis right now is proof of how many are not happy. You used to get a group for a public game fast because there were so many. I just played from act one through act 3 with an open game and not one joined in that 4 plus hours of farming those acts.

You're unhappy with the game, yet 8 months later you still play it 4 hours a day?

ITT: People that hate D3 but play it daily and have thousands of elite kills. People that love D3 and think Jay Wilson did a great job, but in 8 months haven't gotten through hell yet.

Seems legit...
Reply Quote
Take heed and bear witness to the truths that lie herein, for they are the last legacy of a hardcore blizzard fan .

ive played all blizzard games (still even have lost vikings wich is better than d3 btw) u created one of or if not the best game company names known to man ! with the rise of warcraft and on to diablo and starcraft

We stand now, upon the brink of destruction, for the reign of chaos has come at last.

but following the major sucscess of starcraft in korea and the awsome cash cow that was wow u became cautious to makeing anything truly new and inovative .

if i remember corectly i took you 12 years to make sc2 part1 (and i seem to remember that u promised zerg part 1 year later back in 08 ? ) you killed sc ghost since it was not up to par with your games did it go downhill from there ? doubt ? fear ? what ??? indeed even the trip to outland took a long time and now your spitting out crap expansions almost every 12-18 months

betrayer in truth it was i who was betrayed !

after 12 years i finaly get to continue the epic saga that is starcraft the single player was excelent !!! graphics ? yeah extremly dated . sound was awsome but the multi player cmon i get you dont want to dissapoint the E sport community but ffs put a modern mode in there ! newer was or will be good enough to compete online but it could have been realy fun on lan partys with a NEW starcraft and not the basic same thing as the old one

Blizzard that forged us all are returning. But do they come to save... or to destroy?

D3 looked awsome it was really hyped and i had so longed for both the story and the massive fun that is the diablo games sadly d3 was an insult to the die hard fans of the series as it was just setup as away to milk money with the RMAH . always online ??? did u know i first played d2 on a buss for the first time this was waaaaay before mobile internet connections was a daily thing . this "game" wich u couldent even log in and play the first week (37) was jsut the same thing over and over again and with out any real rewards. this game realy didint even work as a game to play with firends either and the story was a crap dead end to the series the color scheme was like a 3 year olds painting . (sleepy now)

any way i WILL be BUYING SC2 EP 2-3 and after that im done ! im realy hoping that u will get back on track i wont be buying any expansion to d3 or wow for that matter . pls pls pls dont kill my childhood favorite game that is sc it deserves the best ! (drunk now ) english = broken sweden rulez and so on .

Thrall, the blood haze has lifted. The demon's fire has burned out in my veins. I... have... freed myself...
Reply Quote
Dear god! We can only hope its too late for him to ruin Titan...
Reply Quote
What I personally would like to ask Rob Pardo is why so low standards on storytelling? I know they won’t answer me but I just really want to know why is the game made in such childish way. It’s suppose to be 17+. They were playing the game and thought 17 years old people will like childish dialogues and villains?

Add to this "stylized graphics over realistic" is taking a lot of immersion of a Diablo game the way it should have been. Not to all of us gameplay is what makes the game. Some of us care more about immersion and story. Everything that made Diablo good is gone and no patch can bring it back. Unless they redesign the game, which not going to happen. No matter how they’re going to fix gameplay with all the drops, skills, game mechanics this just isn’t Diablo.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Uberfen
What I personally would like to ask Rob Pardo is why so low standards on storytelling?
Diablo was never really a novel quality story game, you know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]