Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

Maybe we can open regional Diablo centers so that everyone can get a taste of Diablo jobs in action.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 07:11 PMPosted by vexorian
What I personally would like to ask Rob Pardo is why so low standards on storytelling?
Diablo was never really a novel quality story game, you know.
It wasn't corny either.
Reply Quote

Indeed but it did have it's moments, like the halls of the blind poem.

Atleast it wasn't so predictable, I mean come on all the villians acted like saturday morning cartoon villians "haha! I am invicible! Nothing can stop me! I shall taunt you till you reach me!".
Reply Quote
Jay, though some doubt you and hate you. Others love you and your work. Frankly, I have been playing D1, D2 and D3 and other exciting game titles from Blizzard all along but all I found was great passion, commitment and the games are very enjoyable.

So continue your great work and efforts. Take the recent incident as a learning and unlearning process then tomorrow will be a brighter day with even better games. Also, Community Manager can be more involved so loyal customers can be engaged plus the Customer Support can be more timely and accurate so everyone will feel their money's worth and continue investing. Cheers :-)
Reply Quote

But it wasn't the Lord of Lies and master manipulator being the most obvious suspect and not actually manipulating anyone.

It was kind of minimalist and it was good enough, you could follow it. Not Hemingway, but certainly not Stephanie Meyer.

EDIT: Someone recently said that villains didn't act like cartoon villains. That's true. Playing act one, Magdha said that "the other piece of the sword is where the drowned ancients are," or something to that effect.

All I could think of was "Why are you telling me that?"

Multiply that ad nauseam for Azmodan ("Master Tactician" of hell).
Edited by WhiteZombie#1654 on 1/25/2013 6:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G4lX-MKrgI
Reply Quote
Respect. Good luck with all your endeavors.
Reply Quote
yeah thats a sad story jay......don,t let the door hit you in the back on the way out.....all you had to do was LISTEN to the players and the d2 team but no you told them to f off.....glad your going, you brought this upon yourself.

STILL no legendary or set item off a boss.................................retarded.
Edited by kinglister#2290 on 1/25/2013 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
To Mr. Pardo,

Diablo 2 made me a Blizzard fan. D2 lead to SC. SC to WC3.

Diablo 2 never gets old for me. I never played it on Bnet. I just play solo or duel with friends via LAN. I was hoping to get the same dose of entertainment from diablo 3. Sadly that wasn't the case.

Your always online game is a pain for those who doesn't have the benefit of a high tier internet connection. Acts are meant to be played again and again and are we expected to press ESC again and again and again? An option to turn off all those annoying cut-scenes would have been nice. Why is the story/voice acting bland and uninteresting? I had to ESC out of the cut-scenes half way through my first run of the game. From Diablo 2 I can remember lines like:

"You now speak to Ormus. He was once a great mage..."

From diablo 3 I remember:

"Look more hidden footprints!"

But that is only because of memes like "Look more repair costs!"

And the rest of the stuff that is wrong with Diablo 3 has already been discussed by others.

I'd like to add that I have 9 friends who bought the game on the release date. All of them stopped playing the game after 3 months because they find it boring. They all left silently without posting anything in the forums. I lurked around the forums just to see if the game can be turned around clearly it's too late for that now. I played the game just long enough to get an item I can sell on RMAH so I can get my money back (you got your 15% cut).

I'm not a hardcore D2 fan. Just someone who really enjoys D2 and expects the same if not more hours of fun with D3. I lost my confidence on Blizz because of D3. I'll be more cautious next time.

I hope you can get yourselves together and make better games.

-Just Somebody
Reply Quote
Jay you don't have to quit or get moved to another project just fix the game. And if the new person that takes over just fix the game. If you invest in Blizzard stock then tell them to fix the game.
Reply Quote
haha good old Ormus yeah he was pretty awesome.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 06:03 AMPosted by WhiteZombie

But it wasn't the Lord of Lies and master manipulator being the most obvious suspect and not actually manipulating anyone.

It was kind of minimalist and it was good enough, you could follow it. Not Hemingway, but certainly not Stephanie Meyer.

EDIT: Someone recently said that villains didn't act like cartoon villains. That's true. Playing act one, Magdha said that "the other piece of the sword is where the drowned ancients are," or something to that effect.

All I could think of was "Why are you telling me that?"

Multiply that ad nauseam for Azmodan ("Master Tactician" of hell).

Don't forget this one....MEAT GOOD VEGETABLE BAD! Plenty more where that came from.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]