Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

01/26/2013 05:29 AMPosted by vexorian
Yeah, that was hilarious! I love that bosses are funny, as opposed to plain like in LoD. The only personality bosses had in LoD was "See player, attack player".

Do you by any chance talking about Diablo 2? Is LoD stands for Lord of Destruction? If so it’s apparent you never played D2. Is “See player, attack player” refers to boss mechanics? What more complex D3 had? Cutscenes that would interrupt the flow of gameplay? Watch all cinematics of D2 to see what personality LoD bosses had then see this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcJ_XT3oWtY
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 11:05 PMPosted by Xeno
People try to focus their Anger on Jay Wilson and Blizzard, but if you take a look at the bigger Picture, its everywhere. Something is going terrible wrong with the AAA Publisher Games this Days, and the People start to realize that.
Could it be that hardcore fans are just getting too old to spend hours on any game. And instead of figuring it out they blame it on the companies making new games? Which is worsened by their big nostalgia filter issues?

I think every generation of games has had people complaining about how bad new games are. When LoD was released, people complained about how the companies that made Super Nintendo's classic games were on the downfall.

01/27/2013 04:28 AMPosted by Uberfen
“See player, attack player” refers to boss mechanics?

No, to boss personality.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 1/27/2013 7:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Could it be that hardcore fans are just getting too old to spend hours on any game. And instead of figuring it out they blame it on the companies making new games? Which is worsened by their big nostalgia filter issues?

I think every generation of games has had people complaining about how bad new games are. When LoD was released, people complained about how the companies that made Super Nintendo's classic games were on the downfall.

Age has little, if anything to do with it. I've been playing games since the mid-80's but I still find time to put into games that I like. And a lot of the new games I really enjoy, too. Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Dishonored, X-COM, etc.

The problem with Diablo III is that it was just poorly executed. Plain and simple. There was a lack of foresight and a minimal amount of effort put into quality control, or worse yet they were incapable of seeing the quality of their product was subpar and they left it alone thinking they had created a masterpiece. There's a rather large disconnect between Blizzard and its fanbase at the moment, it would seem.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 07:50 AMPosted by vexorian

Figure out what? This game isn't even half as complex as d2. I take offense to your insults!
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 05:29 AMPosted by vexorian
Yeah, that was hilarious! I love that bosses are funny, as opposed to plain like in LoD. The only personality bosses had in LoD was "See player, attack player".

01/26/2013 11:05 PMPosted by Xeno
People try to focus their Anger on Jay Wilson and Blizzard, but if you take a look at the bigger Picture, its everywhere. Something is going terrible wrong with the AAA Publisher Games this Days, and the People start to realize that.

01/27/2013 04:28 AMPosted by Uberfen
“See player, attack player” refers to boss mechanics?

No, to boss personality.

Vexorian,
This game was created for you the casual player no need to see cinematics, no need for storyline just gear up and shoot, nothing wrong with it i n fact thats the reason jaywilson and his team created d3 the way it is, to be able to finally create d3 in playstation and xbox live...look it upthey are waiting the go ahead by the higher up to make it official. So we are not attacking your view. We the hardcore fan have played the original at our time and we know for a fact that this game is engrossing and pulls you in the lore. Even with all the negative impact of the game i have learn to bypass the game mechanics of d3 to suit my need, i am unable to get what i want from blizzard so i chose to make the game for the best of my playability.
Reply Quote
in fact the newest trend before patch 1.07 is the P. Merchant are collecting gloves ,amulet, ringsthat has stats of cc,ch,ias,resist and other in one, when patch 1.07 comes out that might change to other trading items that is worth more, since the game is not about story anymore, look at t he cinematics scene and the storyline it is not at the higher level setup by its precessador, so we the hardcore player have move to trading and grinding for that items worthy of trading, as you can see thehardcore fans know how to adapted to the game mechanics, in fact Vexorian watch many years from now you wont be playing this game, because casual gamer like you never stay more than min 6months , i will still playing d3 fro another 10 plus years, yes i have played d1,d2 lod for 12 plus, still playing d2 lod now, and no i didnt fall back on the 2 game for nostalgia filter issue, i am playing it so i can have a sense of storyline of the diablo universe that d3 was unable to create, d1 and d2 lod create that and helps the lacking of storyline d3. Oh yes i am 44 years old with 1 kid to take care of and my wife also, so i have about a 3 hours window each day to play and enjoy it, so as you can see i dont have as much time as many other but that is allright cause it is my relaxing when i play this game , hell sometime i just love playing not for playing but to organized my gears to my follower if i am doing mf run, or sometime just exp run, or even gear finding, theres many way of enjoying the game, though d3 mechanics limit it by the poor itemization and other issue that would create a wall of textinh.
Reply Quote
Oh yeah speaking of D2 Lod bots in. The game i press constanly n button to get rid of the spamming, yet in d3 i have to press esc constanly to cut the constant cut off sceneof the cinematic scene in d3. So which is more of a nuasiance?
Reply Quote
I love how your boss comes to defend you from the community once you announce you're leaving.

Really easy for him, huh?

I hope you have a long development career at Blizzard, Jay.

I hope they put you in sound development where you can't break anything.
Reply Quote
Good luck Jay!
Reply Quote

They see how it "can" be done (working alongside gamers in kickstarter / indie projects), and they see how it "is" been done by the big Publishers. Thats where all the anger is coming from.

People like to get involved, and not completly ignored.

Most (big) Games are designed for maximum Profit.
DLC Content, Season Pass, Monthly subscription, InGame Shops, Minipets/Mounts/Cosmetic Items or even p2w objects like Boosts/Weapons etc for Money...or like here in D3 the p2w RMAH.

The main Essence of Games is lost...

the Digital Revolution is now ;)

One Voice you can ignore, many voices can be ignored as well.
But a collective Swarm will crush you.

Being involved in the field of software development I can reinforce the understanding of how projects are underfunded and expected to be done in half the time. I do this stuff for a living and know quite well how it goes. So many times I've wanted to shout at my bosses about the money (or lack thereof) in the projects I'm associated with.

However, I don't think Blizzard does business this way. They didn't become so rich doing it this way. Most software companies that cut corners pay for it in the long run. Blizzard certainly hasn't.

Well...up until D3. The problem with D3 wasn't time. They had many years to work on it. Actually considering most of the work was already done in D2:LOD, they didn't need to do much but add new story, content and a new graphic engine which would be the bulk of the time spent.

No, the problem with D3 is that the guys behind WoW:TBC created D3. The entire design team at the top came from WoW to my knowledge. Be it narration, plot design, systems design and art direction. All WoW.

A lot of work was put into this game and it may seem bizarre looking at it but that's the case. It was just a lot of work going in the wrong direction. That last bit is my opinion on the matter. Diablo is niche.

So is Dark Souls too coincidentally. If the new director of that franchise decides that Dark Souls 2 needs to be mainstream he'll make himself many enemies as a result.

The moral of the story when dealing with a niche product is not to alienate the niche demographic. Perhaps Jay Wilson really thought he was aiming for the Diablo niche. I don't know but it certainly seems like that wasn't the case. In retrospect it had bad written all over it years ago when Blizzard North walked away. Style cannot be duplicated. It can only be cheaply impersonated.
Reply Quote
WoW... I didn't know that this community is full of disrespectful !@#$%^s. Really guys? Everybody is judging so harsh... you are speaking like you made more games then Blizzard and you know everything better. I know people have opinions and ideas but keep them on that level, and don't try to judge and disrespect Jay/ the staff, because they worked so hard and tried to make a game that the whole community like. And you cant even image how hard it is. If you don't like the game or the "communication with the players" go away and pump your money to EA. that's all..

Thank you for your awesome job Jay, i wish the best for you.
Reply Quote
Play this game a little bit more and you will see whats wrong with this try of a Diablo.
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raven-11449/hero/6780223
i play on eu
Reply Quote
acording to profile you need like 7k more elite in inferno to realize some stuff. Right now you are where most of us were after 3 month of play. Some where in 1 week with 4k elites, some played more relaxed. Still 4k is little. At 10k elites the game changes and becomes borring and anoying. Let's say 500 hours
Reply Quote
Could you fix the screen shaking before you go? I've been unable to play the game since release because I get sick by the screenshaking...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]