Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

01/18/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Rob Pardo
If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game.

I want you to remember this quote. In two more months after all the bug fixes and patches have been pushed out the door and the same three complaints are still, after ten months, being chanted and supported on these forums, I will quote this again to show you and every Blizzard supporter just how hollow this request truly is.

You have made it very clear, time and time again that you, Almighty Blizzard, Kings of Fun(tm) and Masters of all you survey, have a vision of what Diablo III should be. And time and time again you have stepped over and around the requests made by this community to do whatever you feel is best for this game regardless of what your players, the people you supposedly make games for, have not just asked but begged for.
Reply Quote
I am sick of how all these kids bashing on Jay. How about quit posting in forums / stop playing games and go back to school than make your own damn game?
Edited by Noukaka#1802 on 2/5/2013 1:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Rob Pardo
I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise

Rob I hope you serious with the above comments. I and many others, would love to see this happen. I know itemization is supposed to be addressed soon (as it should be because right now it's very bland and boring) but best game int he franchise? Could you possibly share how you and the D3 team are going to do that because right now, Diablo 3 has a lot less of everything that Diablo 2 does.
Edited by Vexel#1434 on 2/5/2013 2:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Rob, Can you tell us how you are going to fix itemization? Do you even realize that itemization is ruining your game currently?
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Hariko
We have Brevik being nasty and bashing the whole of the dev team. Chris Haga makes a facebook post about how he feels completely belittled by Brevik. JW in an attempt to make it easier says that "... loser" line. Yes, in a private facebook discussion, in an attempt to make one of his employees better.

Nothing on Facebook is private. Hello, social media.

Not only that, but most companies have clauses in employment contracts stating that employees are representatives of the company at all times, especially on the worlds largest social media site. I'm sure Blizzard is no exception.
Reply Quote
it's got to be a really tough job to direct a massive project like D3 was and it's got to be even harder following up in the diablo franchise. you'll always have purists that can't appreciate alternate directions because they loved the original so much... or you know, the book is always better than the movie.

to me, d3 pressed ahead and took us back to deckard cain, to sanctuary and to the lord of evil himself. i am grateful that blizzard is continuing to provide updates and improvements to the game. because they're not required to do that. but because they love this game as much if not more than we do, they are dedicated to its success regardless of how anyone else interprets that.

thanks, guys.
Edited by melodywhore#1162 on 2/5/2013 12:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
it's got to be a really tough job to direct a massive project like D3 was and it's got to be even harder following up in the diablo franchise. you'll always have purists that can't appreciate alternate directions because they loved the original so much... or you know, the book is always better than the movie.

to me, d3 pressed ahead and took us back to deckard cain, to sanctuary and to the lord of evil himself. i am grateful that blizzard is continuing to provide updates and improvements to the game. because they're not required to do that. but because they love this game as much if not more than we do, they are dedicated to its success regardless of how anyone else interprets that.

thanks, guys.

agree
Reply Quote
I thought this thread would fill up faster than it has been. I just wanted to know the number of posts that would be allowed. So Jay and Rob posted here on their official accounts and I thought there would be a little more dialog with other blue post and such.
Reply Quote

thanks, guys.

The story was pretty bland and very predictable. Of course D3 was going to include Cain and all the familiar characters. Anything less than that, and you may as well of called the game something else. And one thing about Blizzard is that they have always suppported thier products after release, since the the very beginning. With this game, the RMAH has nothing to do with it, they have done it in the past and will continue to do it with all of thier games.

Also I would call the game a success financially due the fact that is was marketed and advertised as a sequel to Diablo 2. If people knew then what they know now, this game wouldn't have sold the amount that it did. I for would love to see the game improve and I've posted constructive feedback as to how to do that along with countless others. This next patch with a new tier of gem which is ultra expensive, mostly useless and BOA, as well as other BOA items makes it seem like they are going in a direction not many want to see. And then you have a CM posting things like "How would you like to see us improve?" It seems like we are being trolled at times instead of being taken seriously.
Edited by Vexel#1434 on 2/6/2013 4:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Whatever Jay is doing now, it's not Project Blackstone, since that ended up being a viral marketing site for SCII HotS.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blackstone/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]