best news of 2013. should have happened in 2012
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Druid
01/17/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Necx
AWESOME! Best news of 2013.. good luck!
Reply Quote
94 Dwarf Paladin
Two cents:

Start with reworking the skills/stat system.
THe rework should have itemization in mind from the ground up, rather than rewoking the stats all the way to 6 months before release.

Also, end game with real replayablilty would be nice (see PoE or Torchlight2, maps with stats ftw)
Reply Quote
GOODBYE AND PLEASE NEVER LOOK BACK
Reply Quote
Best of luck in your future endeavours, Jay. I may not be entirely happy with how D3 turned out, but you don't deserve the hate you've received, and I respect the incredible effort you and your team put into the game.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 01:41 PMPosted by TheJackal
You guys are crazy if you think Jay Wilson's leaving is going to change anything fundamentally significant about the game.

This is true, the damage has already been done. Do you think they will really rewrite the weak story? Do you really think they will re-dub all the terrible voice work? Nothing will change. Its like dumping feces all over a wedding dress and kicking the guy that did it out; you may have kicked him out, but no amount of cleaning will restore that dress.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Centauri
Best of luck in your future endeavours, Jay. I may not be entirely happy with how D3 turned out, but you don't deserve the hate you've received, and I respect the incredible effort you and your team put into the game.

qft
Reply Quote
Two cents:

Start with reworking the skills/stat system.
THe rework should have itemization in mind from the ground up, rather than rewoking the stats all the way to 6 months before release.

Also, end game with real replayablilty would be nice (see PoE or Torchlight2, maps with stats ftw)

This + fix the battle.net layout.

Make

custom games with passwords
chat rooms
clan support
etc.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Wigler
Time to re-hire Blizzard North staff and makes this game in to the real Diablo 3 it should of been Blizzard.

eh, seeing how they went on to make crap like hellgate london and torchlight i doubt they would have done any better,, maybe if they just did a remake of d2 on this new engine but i dont think they need to hire anyone for that

You know what BLOWS? Hellgate London had AWESOME mechanics...
....that got ABSOLUTELY BUTCHERED by it's awful execution.

Weapon variety and combat feeling satisfying were top notch, and killing droves of enemies was a crazy fun time. The guns were similar to borderlands today, but in borderlands most of the guns are standard 'bullet projecting guns', with a handful of 'launchers' or weird guns.

Take all those mods and attributes from borderlands and then split the gun types 50/50 between standard types and weird types, and you have what made hellgate london awesome (as long as you could stand it).

I got the feeling that hellgate was rushed and pulled in too many directions at once, if it had been executed better, we might still be talking about it today. It took a lot of gambles and hit on a lot of good stuff

But the hurdles you had to deal with were too substantial. Payment model, broken social aspects, limited end game (pay to end game), small levels even though dynamic got repetitive.

You take the core of the game and do it right and you've got a smash hit.

They just didn't do it right.

Diablo 3? It's flawed from the core, and even if they 'did it' perfectly its designed with too many fundamental flaws like the itemization and skill design as well as there not really being a lot to actually do in the game itself.

Hellgate shared a lot of issues with D3, but I give the 'how fun is the game to play' win to hellgate.

Diablo 3 is better produced, polished and executed but about half as fun to play.
Reply Quote
Good Luck 'ol chap.

A man can't be faulted for pouring all his love into his craft the best way he knows how.

He is never forgotten who in his stubbornness persists in pursuing his dream.

I raise a drink to your name, give gratitude for the good times, and wish you the best.

Adventure on.
Reply Quote
Thanks Jay!
Hope the best for you, and I think you did a great job on D3!
Looking forward to your new games!
Reply Quote
Jay + EA = best quality of the next decade.
Reply Quote
Come on everybody!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
Edited by Toprem#1136 on 1/17/2013 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
u left that game too late! please dont destroy any future franchise and dreams of many ppl!
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 01:57 PMPosted by SupremeAOE
holy crap why da !@#$ are u not fired get?

Because "social selection" > "natural selection".
Reply Quote
This is the best possible news that could have ever happened.

Ever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]