Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

I've reached a point creatively where I'm looking forward to working on something new. The powers that be at Blizzard have been gracious enough to give me that opportunity. Over the course of the next several weeks, I will be moving off of the Diablo III project and transitioning elsewhere within Blizzard.
--Jay

Hopefully the mail room.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
This is the best news DIII could possibly have. No big loss here. Good riddance.
Reply Quote
Respect
Best wishes for your future and Diablo's progress too.
Edited by Drastic#2161 on 1/17/2013 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Good luck in your future projects.

In my opinion D3 is great game and have improved lot since launch, so thanks for it. Only thing missing now is PvP.
Reply Quote
The Best NEW EVER!!!!
Reply Quote
Best of luck sir.
Should have took the position to a less professional state, and listened to the kids crying about how horrible the game is, for they are the reason games are even possible. For we ALL were one at some point. They have valid points, and should be more recognized.
Should have at least had more PTR tests...
7 years of working on this project still stuck back in 2005... This is now 2013, games need more. Otherwise it's just a boring repeat.

Nevertheless, hopefully your future is a good one.
Thanks for trying.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Germs
Please don't send this man to Titan unless you want another failed game on your hands.

Jay Wilson may be much better suited for the MMO genre. We don't know that. For all we know, he's the next MMO genius.

I... doubt that, but Im just sayin.

Deion Sanders wasn't very good at baseball.

Great at football tho!
Reply Quote
+1 for making me log in and reply to your exit, you are a disgrace to Diablo franchises. Please stop destroy future games.
Reply Quote
Thanks for everything and keep the hard work.

GG's!
Reply Quote
Just want to give a word of support for Jay, people blame him for things that are being solved... it's like blamming a cook for a bad dish when it hasn't been cooked yet, i have 1100+ hours played and i love the game (although i recognize the flaws it has) so... good job Jay, some of us know you did your best and i hope we still hear from you even if it's in another project, be well and good adventures in your future. ^^
Reply Quote
Thanks jay, good luck in the future!
Reply Quote
I know the gaming community is one of the harshest of all environments to work with. You cant please everyone, everyone is a critic, and no matter how hard you try, people still complain.

Over the past year we have seen some of the biggest titles with the best and brightest dev teams around shred to pieces in the court of gamer's public opinion, so don't feel you are alone in you battles with gamers. They are a hard and heartless bunch at times.

Best of luck in your new position Jay and just remember you do what you love for a living and really there is no better job to have then one you love. Keep on gaming.

Jane
Reply Quote
I regret the following projects...
Reply Quote
Thanks Jay! Wish you all the best for the next project :)
Reply Quote
I want to preface what I have to say with this: I have loved every Blizzard Entertainment game since Warcraft II, and I have bought them all. I love each and every game Blizzard has released up until Diablo III, so for me to say anything negative about Blizzard is a huge step for me.

Mr. Wilson, you alone are responsible for taking everything enjoyable out of the Diablo franchise. I consider it a personal insult that you are still employed with Blizzard Entertainment, and to be honest I think the creative influence of a Janitor at Blizzard is too much for you. I didn't buy Mists of Pandaria because of you, and because of you I won't be buying any future Blizzard releases without waiting at least a year to make sure I'm not getting ripped off, like when you pawned off 'Diablo' III on me. If your name is anywhere in the credits, even the lowliest advisor, I will simply consider it another attempt to steal from me.
You should apply for a job at EA, no one seems to mind when they ruin a game or franchise. At least when you buy an EA game you expect to get screwed.

+1

+10
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]