Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

Jay,

Thank you, sir, for a game I haven't been able to put down since beta. I know it's not easy being at the helm of such a large project with so many factors outside of your control, but feel you did the best you could, in spite of all the criticism.

It's been a long, long time since we last worked together, and seeing us "old foggies" still here with the passion to create games in an industry that has grown like a wildfire is always encouraging to see. I wish you all the best with your next project.
Reply Quote
Let us know where you end up next. Good luck :)
Reply Quote
Ty alot, will do u a favor another day <3
Reply Quote
D3 never should have been launched as it was, but every patch since then has shown how serious they are about fixing all the problems with this game and making it live up to the Blizzard name, just like they have over a period of years with every game they've made. It's great to hear the developers actually acknowledge seeing it the same way.
Edited by Steve#1523 on 1/17/2013 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have no doubt that you probably put your heart and soul into this game, unfortunately you were the wrong person to lead the project. The game as a one time run through is fine, but is a disaster for the true lovers of the franchise. I wish you better luck in future endeavors.

This decision suggests no expansion will ever be released for this game.
Reply Quote
2012 saw you make several missteps post-release that hurt the brand, so I see this as the inevitable parting of the ways. At least you get to stay on at Blizzard, though I hope whatever project you move to is not subject to as many of your decisions as was D3.
Reply Quote
I know this community has definitely been overly critical of you, but I hope you didn't take it too personally. I love the Diablo franchise and I appreciate all the work you've put into it. Best of luck in your future endeavours!
Reply Quote
This news is better than life itself. No offense Jay, i just think you didn't understand the franchise and your psychological limitation didn't allow this game to grow.
Reply Quote
Hi Jay,
Don't take it too hard on yourself.
You did what you could to make this game as good as you thought it could be.
Now I pray that we have a director that really understands what Diablo franchise is about.
Regards and gl on your new way.
Edited by esteve14st#2328 on 1/17/2013 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Goodbye Jay, you did amazing work on D3 but you will not be missed by the community.
Reply Quote
thumps up if you want David Brevik.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Lux
Goodbye Jay, you did amazing work on D3 but you will not be missed by the community.

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]