Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

Jay, good luck on your future project. You did some things right and some things wrong, but I'm sure you have grown as a developer because of it. It was a mature decision for you and Blizzard to do this and I have a lot of respect for you guys for coming to this decision and making it public. Just look at the ME3 debacle. The top guys responsible for the uproar are going to make the next ME game. With that said, sometimes it's best for all parties to move on. Good luck bro!
Reply Quote
Good luck in your next endeavour, don't let the community demoralise you... you can't please 100% of people, no matter what you do.
Reply Quote
Good luck in your future jay.
Reply Quote
We need to be able to mod D3, its sad to see such a polished platform go to wast with boring items and affix, and long CD skills.
Oh well heres looking to the future.
Edited by Why#1611 on 1/17/2013 12:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
To all whom say 'D3 is a great game' blizzard quite clearly do not agree with you.... surely blizzard would be pushing this man, this 'success' not moving him into the blizzard basement.

Maybe the expansion pack will make the game OK.
Reply Quote
You did good and bad decision like any person do in life, Best of luck Jay!
Reply Quote
It's kinda sad to see him go.... But at the same time, there's chance for great opportunity to get the game into better shape. SKILL TREES!
Reply Quote
I like how Jay Wilson in this post makes it sound like he actually had options. Jay, it wasn't a hard decision. You were told to step down and you did so.
Reply Quote
Greatest news I have seen since the diablo 3's launch date announcement.

Jay Wilson, you were a terrible Game director, the vision you had for this game was all wrong and poorly done. I hope you never get into a leading role again, especially within blizzard.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Ruca
The powers that be at Blizzard have been gracious enough to give me that opportunity.

fired?

Sounds pretty darn close...
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Paladin
Good luck on your next project Jay! :) I had a great time with D3 and I'm looking forward to what you folks have planned next for it here.
Reply Quote
Finally Diablo 3 is going to leave the beta stage. 2013 is starting very good.
Reply Quote
Best of luck, Jay, wherever you end up on the Blizzard team. I look forward to your continued contributions. Don't let the haters get you down-- hopefully they're mostly younglings, meaning they have the chance to grow.
Reply Quote
I'm not gonna sit here and bash Jay but I will say that this just wasn't the game for him. The biggest mistake really, was calling this game Diablo 3. Had they come up with a new franchise of some sort it would definitely be looked at from a completely different perspective by the masses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]