Diablo® III

Grin Reaper

You lose stats but get quite a bit of utility on it. Mimics will cast spells from you cast bar, tho they can't cast every spell. They get the effect of slow from grasp and from SH (info from an old thread on general forums but from what I have seen still the same). If they can cast all slows I imagine it maybe useful.

Just wondering if any1 used it and if it was useful.
Reply Quote
i bought one for 2000 gold. haven't got the chance to test it.
Reply Quote
its useful.
Reply Quote
Does transforming break any cc? I know it breaks jailer in pve.
Edited by Kinesiology#2764 on 1/18/2013 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
^ no
Reply Quote
Oh well. Would have been gr8 if it did. Extra cc still nice tho.
Reply Quote
Hmm, strange, I thought it was a remake of wizard's Mirror Image skill.

Btw are there any with CC and socket ? They should exist, in theory, as it gets 2 random properties, but I haven't seen any in several days ..
Reply Quote
Didn't see any with those stats when i searched em on eu today but wasn't looking for one with crit so i might have missed it.
Reply Quote
tried it on pvp, its so much fun

the socketed one are expensive now but i got mine for just 250k
Reply Quote
Grin Reaper with Manitu = x3 mantiu, Fun times.

CORRECTION, the only spell that has any effect is grasp of the dead and that is it's snare only, no damage. x3 manitu looks cool but only your own manitu does any damage.

Bascially you give up a ton of stats for a very cool but mostly usless spechial effect.
Edited by blackjack#1375 on 1/18/2013 4:01 PM PST
Reply Quote

Btw are there any with CC and socket ? They should exist, in theory, as it gets 2 random properties, but I haven't seen any in several days ..

Yes, there is. I bought one months ago.
Reply Quote
Sorry, guys.... honestly.... I ... I don't understand the original post, nor do I understand the issue at hand.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Ronin
Sorry, guys.... honestly.... I ... I don't understand the original post, nor do I understand the issue at hand.

the grin reaper is a lower level legendary helm that procs summoned mimics that can cast your spells..in reality the only spell they cast that actually does anything is grasp of the dead, and all it does is slow the enemies. basically its extra cc from your gear. its definitely a fun helm to play around with and it was never viable until PvP because its not lvl 60 even
Reply Quote
It should also help with storm armor aswell. Wish we had something we could use to trigger it while stunned, so we could use it like wiz uses mirror image or that it broke cc when you reverted to normal.
Reply Quote
some of u already know this...but ill mention it, the mimics from the helm will still linger even if u swap helms.
Edited by Supernoob#1304 on 1/18/2013 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
sure but the mimics only last 5 seconds, swapping helms every 5 sec is a pretty big pain in the !@# unless you are scripting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]