Diablo® III

New GG build- Nexus of Doom

Was messing around and found a CM build involving Disintegrate that melted everything on MP7 perhaps faster than the Shaggalicious LL+Meteor does

Here is the build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bRXhfg!TgW!cZcacZ

The idea is to drop Time Warp, send out 3-4 LL's, get 5 AD stacks, then hold down Disintegrate while spamming Diamond Shards, Explosive Blast, and Frozen Storm. With 19 APOC I was able to keep Disintegrate going long enough to burn everything down. Tested on Vault of the Assassin MP7.

The key to this build is shards, e blast, and frozen storm can be spammed continuously without interrupting your Disintegrate channel, which gets the full benefit of your AD stacks. Cold Blooded passive gives 20% more DPS vs targets in range of Frozen Storm. Time Warp is another 20% and keeps everything at point blank range so Chaos Nexus hits everything for more APOC. If you run out of AP cast a couple LLs and you got it back.

I need to look into getting a different source for this build, was using my Sickle and Oculus which is set up for the usual Meteor/Teleport. I'll try to get an APOC Tri or a Shock Pulse Tal's maybe.

EDIT: More testing, got a 10CC 10APOC 13% Shock Pulse Tal's source, that one seems to be the source to get here other than an APOC Tri or Chant's Force. Wish there were a source for casting cost reduction but there isn't. Anyhow, build runs smoother with 20 APOC. Frozen Storm continuously procs it. Butcher's Sickle is as good here as it is in the Shaggalicious build.

If you are soloing, you can use Force Weapon or Blood Magic instead of Time Warp. In a group use Time Warp.

With the new buff to Illusionist, you can use it instead of CM and then you'll want to use Calamity and Time Warp

Of course I'm interested in feedback from anyone who has tried the build out!
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/19/2013 6:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Looks neat i'll have to try it out
Reply Quote
Further testing- Time Warp increases build performance over Explosive Blast.
Reply Quote
If I understand this correctly, you are basically building a arena of doom, where u stand and channel disintegrate. I have two questions:
1. Do you see a noticeable amount of CM procs from disintegrate?
2. Like shaggelicious, how do u handle desacrator and frozen?

I ask because i assume you need to keep channeling to get the full effectiveness out of arcane dynamo. Would love to see a video.

Also, I will suggest this as I did to aimless, have you though about swapping out EB for hydra? No procs, BUT its mindless damage at a distance.
Reply Quote
It's similar to playing a Sentry/Trap DH. My resistances and LS keep me alive when channeling Disintegrate. Avoid Frozen, I can stand in Desecrator. If you do have to move, one cast of LL into a pack will likely get your 5 AD stacks back to fire the beam again.

Disintegrate doesn't get you many CM procs but it gets them vs a big mob. You have LL and to a lesser extent Frozen Storm for that.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/21/2013 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
arcane dynamo only boosts your first tick, no need for that passive
Reply Quote
It is cool, but I have not been able to get it to work to my satisfaction, kudos if you have it figured out.

LL+ sleet storm as the channeling spender is actually pretty interesting too, but has the same problems.

2. Like shaggelicious, how do u handle desacrator and frozen?

Teleport just isn't optional in any build imo, because of those two affixes.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
You can get out of desecrator or a lone frozen no problem without teleport (had a fun tri-damage CM spec, but didn't have room for teleport). The thing that gets me is wall+frozen, wall+desecrator, arcane+frozen, arcane+wall; basically any combination of "you can't run away" and "you can't stay here," at this point you NEED teleport or you die. Literally.
Reply Quote
For those who mentioned Teleport- in 1.07 I'll drop CM for Illusionist and drop Shards for Calamity.

Sleet Storm doesn't have enough range to be worth using over Chaos Nexus.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/21/2013 5:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Could you elaborate a little bit on this? I was playing this build last night and noticed a difference with and without AD on the Disintegrate the obvious being that more things died faster with AD stacks.

01/21/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Orion
arcane dynamo only boosts your first tick, no need for that passive
Reply Quote
If it works like Archon, as long as you keep channeling, AD still applies.

The build looks promising, I will give it a try :)
Reply Quote
In case you guys want me to demo it for you and you're not on my list add me DoctorDoom#1357. I've showed it to Aimless and did Ubers with some others with it.
Reply Quote
View profile
have you tried switching dintergrate for ice beam (or w/e) cuz it will benefit a lot more from AD stacks and Crit Hits
Reply Quote
I think the point of Laser beam is to hit multiple targets, so Frost ray may not work as well.
Reply Quote
For those who mentioned Teleport- in 1.07 I'll drop CM for Illusionist and drop Shards for Calamity.

Sleet Storm doesn't have enough range to be worth using over Chaos Nexus.

I feel like im missing something but why would calamity help? doesnt it spread everything out when you want it clustered? And wouldnt not having CM screw over EB? BTW awesome build

Also can anyone confirm that arcane dynamo stacks stay over the entire course of your disintegrate channel?
Reply Quote
AD lasts the whole channel. Calamity doesn't scatter targets that far that Chaos Nexus won't get em.

20 APOC means you can sustain the beam easier, especially vs lots of mobs.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/21/2013 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
What is the proc rate of CN again?
Reply Quote
.110 per target per tick for main beam + another .110 for each splinter beam.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/21/2013 10:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Interesting, i always wanted to use Disintegrate on higher MP, maybe i'll add you later and you can show me how to do it properly lol.

I assume we need slower attack speed for it to last longer right?
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 01:23 AMPosted by Fatamorgana
I assume we need slower attack speed for it to last longer right?

That's what I thought until I saw a post about how attack speed actually affects the frequency of the splinter beams. Lemme see if I can dig it up.

Edit: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350725148

TL;DR

The encoding of my videos was crappy enough to make CN beam counting a little difficult, but seriously, try it yourself in-game with a fast vs. slow weapon setup; it's night and day. Fast weapons definitely proc secondary beams faster.
Edited by Chatturgha#1457 on 1/22/2013 1:33 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]