Diablo® III

New GG build- Nexus of Doom

Can i use my current gear for this?
Reply Quote
HP and CC looks a little low, also what's your weapon? Its not showing in profile. You will need 20 APoC to sustain the beam properly.

Try it on whatever MPs you use Archon on first.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/23/2013 3:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
I finally got around to trying this out, seriously fun build man, nice change of pace, was rocking MP7 with 160ksomething sheet dps
Edited by couchy#1938 on 1/27/2013 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
check me out, doc -- can I use this build at least at MP6??
Reply Quote
Deth- it works better with 20 APOC but give it a try- Sever works well with it. I see you have a -5 SoJ should be good with that and APoc from your source.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/28/2013 4:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm interested in the build. But can I make a request. Can you please post some gear specs. What should we be looking for. Also does this build just do away with Attack speed? I skimmed the link about using slow weapons and Disintegrate and getting a longer beam. Does this still hold true?
Reply Quote
It's been known for awhile now that more attack speed = more Disintegrate ticks per second and hence more DPS. You need 20 APOC and around 50% CC to sustain the beam properly.

You want as much attack speed as possible but you don't have to stack it like CM/WW as there are no breakpoints.
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 07:23 PMPosted by DoctorDoom
more attack speed = more Disintegrate ticks per second and hence more DPS.

Can you explain to me why would more attack speed do more dps?
If you don't use proc stuff like magic weapon electrify, of Shocking aspect, then i don't agree.

Problem with your build is, that is close range only. In long range you do really little dmg.
You force yourself to not move. (AD+disintegrate). You have low mobility.

I like to see a video how this build performs in mp6-7 again herald of pestilence groups, or act2 wasp elites, or the fire ball splitting chamion/elites in the vault.

As for the disintegrate - nexus question: it is 170%+44%x3. It there is 3 target, the secondary beams automatically chose one.
If there is 1 target (like the last elite from the pack), then 170+44x3 will fire in the same target. Yes it is more then archon beam (302%).
Reply Quote
I use Shocking Aspect now, won't ever drop it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]