Diablo® III

What should barb above you upgrade next?

@Eplayer - why you rate JRuss for the 3rd time? you look like a Glass Cannon, you'll need at LEAST 3% life steal. Can you solo MP7+? and aim for 45-50k health. I think your next upgrade should be an IK Chest, one with at least 150 Vitality. Shoulders, Chest & Pants should be your vitality focus areas.

_____

don't worry about commenting on my sword
Edited by DangerMouse#6294 on 1/6/2013 4:51 PM PST
@Dangermouse

Solid Barb - If I can't comment on the sword, I am not sure what the next upgrade would be... a trifecta ammy? Maybe some Avg Damage on the rings/ammy? Ice climbers with % movement?
@ThePlow, that's the same way I feel about my green ring (commented on above). For one thing, I think the Litany/Host set is unbelievably underrated for mid to mid-high geared players. It offers great survivability stats in addition to the elite bonuses at a cheap price (if only the skeleton was more fun). In fact, I have a pretty good replacement for my remaining ring with all the key DPS stats, but sacrificing the AR on the remaining Litany/Host piece makes high MPs pretty difficult -- just too squishy. Kind of like the Witching Hour I have that adds 22k DPS but costs me the IK belt bonuses -- just makes me too squishy. Of course, I plan on looking for ways around this, including but not limited to finding a similar replacement ring with AR on it, but I believe in equipping gear that lets me run the highest content possible regardless of DPS.

There are some folks on this board who are so godly geared that you don't have to take survivability stats into account (frankly, because they have so much armor and AR in addition to the necessary DPS stats that it truly doesn't make a difference, i.e. they are perfectly geared), but there are some who are so concerned with stat sheet DPS that they don't care how often they die as long as they see a big number in their profiles.

As for transitioning from Skorn to DW -- not going to happen. I just prefer going 2H.

Couldn't agree more about the gloves -- also want a Crit Mempo someday -- thanks, guys. Good luck to all.
@Modin...

I don't know that I would go with 5 piece IK - do you think the set bonuses help that much? Most folks roll with 2 or 3. Your right ring could be much better for not a lot of money. I would do that. You could also get a new ammy, but finding one with as much resists as you do might be tough.
@rimripper an ik belt with 270 str and 80 vit should be better.

@try echoing fury will up your dps a lot more. You may have to make up the resists on another slot
@Leo- you have enough HP you should be able to drop the vit on your gloves and and find a pair with IAS or CD as well... other than that i dont see much in the way of upgrades for you unless you want to bump all your gems up to 58 str gems
Someone help me out
@mecdobby, Drop your IK helm and IK boots for a mempo and some ice climbers. even cheap ones should be an upgrade.
@Mecdobby

I couldn't disagree with Matrin more, it is obvious you spent a little for the helm because they don't come with resist all, if you want to maintain the 5IK bonus you need expensive upgrades. First off a helm with more str on it would be nice without loosing too much of the RA. Boots it is obvious you went for the armor route which is ok but I would recommend going higher str and vit on them vice the armor, you will make up some of it via the str gain. Stack more CC and AIS as well as CHD and what ever you do please remove the EF from your main hand...mobs running away do not help keeping WotB up at all.
@Mecdobby

I couldn't disagree with Matrin more, it is obvious you spent a little for the helm because they don't come with resist all, if you want to maintain the 5IK bonus you need expensive upgrades. First off a helm with more str on it would be nice without loosing too much of the RA. Boots it is obvious you went for the armor route which is ok but I would recommend going higher str and vit on them vice the armor, you will make up some of it via the str gain. Stack more CC and AIS as well as CHD and what ever you do please remove the EF from your main hand...mobs running away do not help keeping WotB up at all.

Lacunis or mara's.

IMO, a lacunis with only 6% isn't worth it cause you lose too many other stats. And with your high CC, I think mara's isn't the best idea because the 100 CD you can get from ammy is huge.
@Theplow: Interesting gear with Full IK, Bk Blades, and big + Frenzy Dmg. I think you have too much all res and not enough dps. I recomend upgrading jewelry first for more dps with avg damage and crit/IAS. Use of warcry shout is a bit odd with all your fury generation. I would recommend Overpower Killing Spree instead which will generate fury and increase dps.
^ I simply don't understand how you reply 1 hour after the last person and still manage to skip them.
@doctaphilly new ice climbers with +mov
Docta, dont feel bad. i still havent gotten anything.

@eye, get IK gloves with high str, AR, CD and CC then replace your belt with a witching hour
Unless you can afford a high AR witching hour and dont mind losing your two piece.
Edited by Matrin#1703 on 1/7/2013 8:49 PM PST
@ Matrin

Nice barb, 3 things jump out at me; bracers, cycle ring or main hand. You would probably benefit from a decent lacuni with at least 4% CC with just vit, they go for around 20-25m.

While it is a super nice mh to have LL on, you might be losing out on a lot of dps not having any CD on it. Just my 0.02
@snowystorm

id say a vile ward and a better off hand or main hand.
@jinhall

higher vitality on chest and pants you're only rocking 32k life, and those two pieces can roll huge vit.
@J1M idk ur budget, but u got a lot of items u can upgrade... one item that seems like it can use an upgrade is the lacuni prowler. Like, that is as bad as it probably gets... U can try sacrificing the 3% crit chance on it for stats like str/vit/ar
@Belorth, I don't even know what to say, you look great at every place. Anything else would be like 300 mil to upgrade, maybe some AR on helm? A cc mempo?

All around great, I need to get myself two weapons like those.
Someone help me out.

Keep in mind my next upgrade should be no more than 10m or I wont be able to upgrade soon. I'd like it to be a substantial upgrade as well. If you don't see one, then don't bother.

@DOBBIN

Ummmmmm above 200 str on Ice Climbers or a lot of AD on ring?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]