Diablo® III

can you get banned for using xpadder

90 Pandaren Monk
it is a controller program that maps the keys and mouse to a xbox or ps3 controller. if i use it will that get me banned from the game.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Not sure on that. Blizzard will never say one way or the other so refer to the TOU...which says that anything touching the game files or memory will get you banned. If it somehow macros together more than one skill...that will also get you in trouble.
Reply Quote
As long as it stays as 1 action per button press I am pretty sure you are safe.

Don't hold me to that though.

I've played WoW on a controller before and nothing happened. ( it wasn't that fun to play on one exactly, wow has too many buttons that need mapping )
Edited by Darmival#1276 on 1/5/2013 11:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
I played WoW on a PS2 controller as well. And I found it fun and super easy. The fact that you can bind the L1-2, R1-2 triggers as shift, ctrl, ctrl+shift, alt, buttons etc made it possible to do a very large number of actions with just the main four buttons on the controller and a modifier key.

The only part that I did not enjoy, was trying to look. I had the analog stick mapped as my mouse so I could move it around and pressing it down resulted in a right mouse click. It was such a pain in the !@# to loot stuff that way, however this was before auto-loot and now there's the AOE auto loot. Picking stuff up on D3 would be a PITA.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
WoW allows Macros though and D3 does not which is where it can become more of an issue.
Reply Quote
WoW only allows macros through the WoW interface and its still only 1 action per macro. You can't use outside macros in WoW so using this thing in WoW or Diablo shouldn't matter.

Technically as long as you are using 1 key for 1 action it should be allowed but with anything like this its unknown if you would ever wrongly get flagged for using it in a legitimate way.
Reply Quote
Someone got banned before for third party programs using a cell phone application to check auction, use phone to control his computer to check auction, he got perm banned.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
well with this program ypou dont even open anything in the game its self all it does is map your mouse and keyboard funtions to the buttons on the controller. here is a picture of how it works.
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3710
Edited by KamaKaz#1496 on 1/6/2013 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
you will need to click Step by step guide to creating your first Profile: Show
Reply Quote
Nah I've used it before on Diablo... it's do-able but not as easy as using mouse and key. Plan on dying alot as you try to move the mouse around on the screen with the joy. Especially on higher levels. The main problem lies in the fact you need to move the mouse around on the screen to get anywhere.... this is hard to tweak in the program to find a medium that isnt too fast or to slow. Good luck but you won't enjoy it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]