Diablo® III

Need contact to complain about support team.

This isn't just a rant. This is a community uprising against the lack of support and information from the blizzard support team.

I'd like to say first, I'm not just some little kid that got money from my parents to buy this game or someone that isn't fluent in computer networking or customer service. I'm a 24 year old man that has years in the computer field. I understand circumstances but the kind of problems the community and I have been having isn't the bugs in the game. It's the lack of information from the support team, there's no informing the community or addressing the issue! This isn't a matter of circumstances at all, This is a lack of professionalism. If games like League of Legends by Riot Games(freeware) can inform their community the moment a bug is out and address the community with detailed information on fix times than why can't you? People have been reporting these problems since they started(hours ago) and no one official has address this! How come a high profit organization like yourself, Cannot preform on the same level as other freeware online games? Like i said this isn't a issue of bugs and not getting to play my game, It's a company issue that needs to be taking in the hands of a manager that is watching a support team preform poorly. I think it's time you review some of your employees and expect your network administrators to issue updates about server issues just like any other reputable computer company.

With all that said i still have more to be said.
Can i please get a support number i can contact about the poor performance of the support team.
Edited by Beatshjt#1896 on 1/6/2013 12:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
There is no number for complaints. There is only a number for Billing and for Tech Support which will be available in the ticket system if you have an issue they can actually help with and the lines are open. Those folks have nothing to do with policy, game programing, server status, or management decisions about what is said or not said on the forums. Nor are they a conduit to management and are not the place to lodge complaints. Really, the only place to put your thoughts so the Developers and such might hear them is General. You might also include a suggestion that the forums be staffed on the weekend, because they are not usually.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 1/6/2013 6:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Frankly, it's not your place, or mine, to tell Blizzard how to run their company.

You can offer suggestions, but that's not how your post reads; it sounds like someone demanding changes by comparing one game company to another (and not even the same genres of games at that).

And finally...Blizzard did not ask you (or anyone) for suggestions on how to run their company. If you want to affect real change, either don't buy their games, or apply for a job with their company, and affect the change from within.
Reply Quote
Actually, it is our DUTY as consumers to tell then how to run their company. It is all in how you communicate the information to the ones responsible.

Every company wants, or should want input from its clients on what they like and don't like about the product, that's affecting change. All it takes is for us to voice our opinion, it's just that some people can communicate better than others. Nothing against the OP either, I agree with his post.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I disagree.

It's not our duty to tell companies how to run anything.

I agree, it's in the best interest of the company to collect feedback on their performance. But just because you buy something does not give you an obligation (which is what the word duty implies) to then inform that company of how to do their jobs.

In short, purchasing a product or service does not come with an implied right that you can tell others involved with the product or service how to conduct themselves.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
It is kind of silly to argue the whole "who has the right to tell them how to run things" as I think everyone knows only the actual management staff (CEOs, etc) have that ability. Providing feedback to a company is perfectly acceptable when done within the proper avenues for said company. The OP asked for the proper way to provide feedback to Blizzard. It was given...and in case I was not clear, is given again here with citations and a suggestion for how to make the feedback more effective. You will also see why this is likely to get deleted...because it does not belong on Tech Support.

The sticky here at the top of the forum covers what is and what is not allowed on this particular Tech Support Forum. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4887789557

Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues.

Please refrain from posting commentary or complaints about the game, the support process, or policy enforcement. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but such posts do not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum.

As noted, there is no phone number for a complaints department. Because one does not exist. The closest you get is this quote
Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums.

If you want to post a suggestion please do so in a mature way on the Forum best suited for it, which in this case is General. Well thought out suggestions for improvement are certainly welcomed and many many Blizzard game features and improvements have been implemented based off customer feedback. They key is making it constructive feedback, instead of coming off as ranting, condescending, or mean spirited.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I only take issue with the fact that he did not try and provide feedback; he demanded it.

The second sentence of the OP, about the "community uprising" pretty much says it all about the tone of his request. He goes on to cite facts about himself that somehow back up his request (as if one needs a reason to ask for the appropriate way to communicate with Blizzard).

Follow that up with stating the problems he sees Blizzard having, then making an unfair comparison to another company to try and back up his points, the whole thing goes beyond just asking for the proper way to provide feedback.

The whole post smacks of a sense of entitlement that I find among people nowadays. I simply wanted to point out that in reality, there is no entitlement involved in what he is demanding.
Reply Quote
I appreciate the feedback and criticism. Thank you MissCheetah for pointing me in a new direction. I do agree I did turn it into a rant when i said i wasn't. (note to self don't write pissed off)

Other than that I have no sympathy for the underlying message. Your right, entitlement isn't granted from a single voice, never has, and never will be. But when multiple people call a company and complain about specifics like the fact their network administrators don't issue any statements about server errors rather than everyone screaming "OMG MY AH ITEMS ARE GONEEE" you might get a little more done from blizzard is all i am saying. Anyone that has taken computer science courses knows what I'm talking about(Woo! i backed up myself up again) it's part of good practice and proper net etiquette is it really that hard to issue out a single sentence just to clarify things up? That's all i am asking.
Reply Quote
This isn't just a rant. This is a community uprising against the lack of support and information from the blizzard support team.

I'd like to say first, I'm not just some little kid that got money from my parents to buy this game or someone that isn't fluent in computer networking or customer service. I'm a 24 year old man that has years in the computer field. I understand circumstances but the kind of problems the community and I have been having isn't the bugs in the game. It's the lack of information from the support team, there's no informing the community or addressing the issue! This isn't a matter of circumstances at all, This is a lack of professionalism. If games like League of Legends by Riot Games(freeware) can inform their community the moment a bug is out and address the community with detailed information on fix times than why can't you? People have been reporting these problems since they started(hours ago) and no one official has address this! How come a high profit organization like yourself, Cannot preform on the same level as other freeware online games? Like i said this isn't a issue of bugs and not getting to play my game, It's a company issue that needs to be taking in the hands of a manager that is watching a support team preform poorly. I think it's time you review some of your employees and expect your network administrators to issue updates about server issues just like any other reputable computer company.

With all that said i still have more to be said.
Can i please get a support number i can contact about the poor performance of the support team.

Activision Corp HQ is at 310-255-2000. Good luck. However, your attitude probably won't get you past the receptionist.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]