Diablo® III

Calamity Upgrade

What dmg calamity can i buy for 100mill budget and how much of a dps increase would that be?? Or would it be smarter to buy a very good dml for 60-70mil and use rest for a good amulet with cd.
Reply Quote
why do you want a calamity? for 100 mill you can get a 2 socket awesome manti with 2 perfect green gems too. with your change why not swap out your mempo for a good andy's? your vit is too high compared to your dps. andy's are super cheap plus 4.5 crit granteed
Reply Quote
edit: so i guess a high dmg 1 socket manti with dex and a perfeat green gem would be a better option for you. i'm still not digging the mempo though. extra fire dmg taken from the andy's i barely notice it. with your ar being pretty damn decent too, ditch that mempo bro
Reply Quote
I think Mempo is better as it has base Vit%, All Res and a socket more vit% all good for defences. And... when farming you can place an Exp or MF gem in there too.

I also have an andy's (the one with no socket) which gives me an extra 7k damage but much prefer the Mempo.

edit: There are cheap of really good mantis for under 100mil... even under 70.

edit2: Work those gems dude, they're terrible lol
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 02:49 AMPosted by Evilbunz
What dmg calamity can i buy for 100mill budget and how much of a dps increase would that be?? Or would it be smarter to buy a very good dml for 60-70mil and use rest for a good amulet with cd.

I upgraded several months ago from a Calamity like yours (except mine had +Dex) to the current one I have now. Even with the -100 DPS, it was around a 10K DPS upgrade at the time because of the socket. I got extremely lucky with my Calamity though as someone listed it for buyout at 60M just as I logged into the AH. I hit buyout as fast as I could lol. I could easily sell it for double that now, maybe as high as triple the original cost.

I don't check Calamity prices that often, but you should be able to get a lower 1100+ DPS Calamity with socket for 100M. Look more for the crit damage and also the min/max damage. Marked for Death % is important, but less so than you might think. Since the MFD only affects one enemy, it's best used for elites & uber runs. At high attack speed, enemies with lots of hp will be marked almost full-time.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 03:29 AMPosted by Taizzle
why do you want a calamity? for 100 mill you can get a 2 socket awesome manti with 2 perfect green gems too. with your change why not swap out your mempo for a good andy's? your vit is too high compared to your dps. andy's are super cheap plus 4.5 crit granteed

i don't like the slow attack speed from manticore.... i don't play on high mp. i farm mp0 where it doesn't matter much unlike mp7 or something where manticore would be way better. I just like the faster attack speed a personal preference.

i had a andy... i got mempo instead of it. i am at 58cc i would rather get the all res and vit over the 4.5cc.

01/06/2013 04:31 AMPosted by KiwiCant
edit2: Work those gems dude, they're terrible lol

working on it lol
Edited by Evilbunz#1437 on 1/6/2013 6:38 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]