Diablo® III

Anyone else tired of the lag?

D3 has become unplayable. I have taken every step to get this sorted out, calling isp, getting engineers out, swapping routers, cables, and filters. Still 400+ ping no matter how much i change. Also changed the dns from isp to googles 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 with no result.
I dont get this issue in ANY other game. SWTOR is 39 ping all day long.
Im on a TPG adsl2+ currently running at a 6mbps and have a top end PC.
Dont know what else to do, just getting sick of the rubber banding and terrible lack of support on Blizzards behalf, especially towards us Aussies.
Wonder if any else is having the same issues I am getting ?
Reply Quote
welcome to the life with tpg
Reply Quote
I notice that rubberbanding occurs more often for me when I do very sharp turns. This could be a very fundamental issue with the programming of the game rather than connection. It could be the game tracking of the character which is flawed.

Main reason why I never play HC.
Reply Quote
Im on TPG. no issues so far[ real life / games ], d3 is very playable at 214ms.

The only issue i can think of is probably why cant old/current customers get the same offers as new customers :P

Lag comes in when im seeding torrents, a simple throttle down u/speed will fix it.
Reply Quote
I've noticed the lag pretty badly over the last 5-7 days, the last couple of months prior to that it was managable but this is ridiculous, constant 500-600msec from home the last few days, tried it from an internet cafe, the same result and when I was on holiday in Auckland last week, the lag was even worse from a mate's house using a different ISP.

What happened the last couple of weeks?
Reply Quote
TPG, I'm almost unable to play because of the lag spikes. I noticed that it only started for me since the last patch.
Reply Quote
I use to get around the 200ms mark until the problem with the dns that was going around after the patch. Even changing them as advised by other members on the form didnt drop it down any. I guess i will have to put d3 on the back burner till its sorted by the parties involved. Its a shame really since i have been playing since beta.
Reply Quote
80% of the time my game runs fine with about 240ms ping but the other 20% does my head in and it always seems to be at the worst time and a couple of other people i play with are in the same boat in the end you just get used to it as complaining about it to blizz / forums just falls on deaf ears as OZ/NZ are like a 2% of there user base hence why we dont and never will have ozzy servers

but saying that i love the game and will keep playing for years to come :D
Reply Quote
Been getting 500-600ms the last 9-10 days, over it. Previously it was 200-250ms and that was playable enough.

Played Ragnarok Online 2 for the first time yesterday, no lag the whole 4 hours I played.
Wasn't used to the 'no lag' thing for once lol. Think I'll spend more time on this game from now on.

Pretty sad really as I want to keep Paragon levelling but I spend 30% of the time rubberbanding which makes it basically unplayable and also lagging when hitting commands.
Reply Quote
ever tried doing a traceroute between your home router and the battle.net servers?

In windows do this : Run : Type "command" without the quotation marks.

then type in "tracert us.battle.net" again without quotes. Look at where the ping time jumps up suddenly. That is the problem point.

Mac : Load Terminal (Utilities > Terminal) "traceroute us.battle.net" without quotation marks again.

Most likely its a problem in the international transit of data between you and battle.net

That is 100% OUT OF BLIZ'S control, unless its the us.battle.net hop that is giving you curry. They cant help you fix it. They can do nothing about it. Nor can your ISP do much about it as well.

Its a side-effect of living 7000miles from the closest server to play on.
Edited by skitzflik#1694 on 1/10/2013 9:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Most likely its a problem in the international transit of data between you and battle.net

That is 100% OUT OF BLIZ'S control, unless its the us.battle.net hop that is giving you curry. They cant help you fix it. They can do nothing about it. Nor can your ISP do much about it as well.

That is incorrect!

Blizzard could give us our own damn server to play on.
Reply Quote
if they did unless they would let us copy over our characters it would be a ghost town.

after 8 months farming every day, no way in hell would i start again (and most of my friends from speaking to them wouldnt start again either)
Reply Quote
if they did unless they would let us copy over our characters it would be a ghost town.

after 8 months farming every day, no way in hell would i start again (and most of my friends from speaking to them wouldnt start again either)

Cleary they would let you copy over :) But no way Blizzard is ever going to care about Aus/nz
Reply Quote
even on US servers you only see public games available for some quests. or open a game and no one joins.
for me (Hobart & primus) ping has been pretty much the same around 210-220ms. the rubber banding though has gotten much worse the last month.
Reply Quote
would changing the DNS server settings do anything?

this is annoying...
Reply Quote
I just lost another HC monk to lag, so yes, I am tired of the lag. Also the fact that using a monk's tempest rush skill causes disconnects (I don't dare use it in HC) annoys me as well.

I'm on bigpond and normally get 215-500 ms. I usually see big lag spikes 700-1400 ms every now and again though. It's a bugger of a thing :(
Reply Quote
Yes very laggy atm playing the monk is near impossible
Reply Quote
I'm in Melb, with telstra and have horrible speeds ingame...have had for the ast week or so. Hoping the new patch fixes this because i basically can't play it's that bad.
Reply Quote

Its a side-effect of living 7000miles from the closest server to play on.

Bzzzzt...WRONG!!! It is absolutely 100% Blizzard's fault and 100% within their control to remedy it. They were the ones who designed the game to be "online only". They were then the ones who forced players from Aust/NZ to play on servers situated on the other side of the planet because they were too stingy to provide one for the Oceania region. They took our money - in fact (in Australia) we paid more for our game than most other places despite the fact that the current exchange rate is firmly in our favor - and yet they provide us with a service that is far and away inferior to the one they provide to players in most other parts of the world. Yet people such as yourself still defend them....
Reply Quote
when are they fixing this. 1.0.7.?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]