Diablo® III

Why duels won't really work..

Problems:

1. Games can't be created like in d2 eg: pk here, duelzzzz, pvp etc.

2. Is it going to be like WoW where you right click someone's portrait and select "duel"? That's gonna suck, miss the Free for all of 8 players where you leave town and engage into pvp.

3. Only way to duel others is going to be done through a channel or friends. Channel to get a duel will be full of spam and chaotic.

Solutions:

1. Allow us the players the ability to create our own games and name them too. This would be not just great for duels but runs in general. Say some people want to do a more customized run like ponies for example. You can't really join a game to do just ponies through the current system.

2. Allow FFA (Free for all) at the least if the PvP patch is still being worked on. Sure allow people to 1v1 each other similar to WoW. But please give us FFA, I'm sure lots of people loved the chaos that ensued once you left Rogue Encampment into Blood Moor. :P

3. I think being able to create/name your games won't force people into a channel to search for other duelers and also you won't have people in "general" or "trade" looking for duels.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Reply Quote
My guess:
There will be special maps designed just for dueling.
There will be matchmaking - you and a friend or you and a random partner fight 2 random opponents.
There will be custom games - lobbies that can be created and joined so that you can play against your friends or that annoying person you see in-game who won't shutup about how terrible you are and how your mother is a **ore.
Reply Quote
Didn't they say it's just going to be a 1v1 epeen contest for ppl to finally compare sizes?
Reply Quote
Yeah every idiot will just join random games and say "duel me noob" and !@#$ like that because Blizzard forbids us to make custom games like in D2.
Reply Quote
You dont even know what its going to be like and your already commenting
Reply Quote
Its going to be like WoW arenas. I think what they're probably having the hard time with is figuring out how to balance characters so they don't die in .5 seconds or get CCed constantly. Can you imagine going up against a CM wizard as a melee class?

I don't think they have the resources to work out different skill sets for PvP specifically so they will probably make an extra stat like resilience and add it to gear rolls. I also don't think they can test something like this internally and be successful. So thats probably why they are going to allow duels. So they can see what happens and see if they can nerf bat things until all of the classes are close to even.
Reply Quote
First of all since we have no idea on how dueling will work there is no way we can have any pros or cons on dueling. There can be no solutions either until we get that info on dueling but I wills still address the following.

1. Allow us the players the ability to create our own games and name them too. This would be not just great for duels but runs in general. Say some people want to do a more customized run like ponies for example. You can't really join a game to do just ponies through the current system.

2. Allow FFA (Free for all) at the least if the PvP patch is still being worked on. Sure allow people to 1v1 each other similar to WoW. But please give us FFA, I'm sure lots of people loved the chaos that ensued once you left Rogue Encampment into Blood Moor. :P

3. I think being able to create/name your games won't force people into a channel to search for other duelers and also you won't have people in "general" or "trade" looking for duels.

Creating named games will no doubt increase lag. So D3 is not laggy enough as it is already. I say a big no to this idea.

Also having PvP without it being consensual is out of the question, that will kill what little of coop is left for the majority of players. If they have to love PvP to coop then some will take their games off of the public list.
Reply Quote
Its going to be like WoW arenas. I think what they're probably having the hard time with is figuring out how to balance characters so they don't die in .5 seconds or get CCed constantly. Can you imagine going up against a CM wizard as a melee class?

I don't think they have the resources to work out different skill sets for PvP specifically so they will probably make an extra stat like resilience and add it to gear rolls. I also don't think they can test something like this internally and be successful. So thats probably why they are going to allow duels. So they can see what happens and see if they can nerf bat things until all of the classes are close to even.

I think you're talking about the Death match pvp arena thing they had going. That's being further delayed.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Paladin
First of all since we have no idea on how dueling will work there is no way we can have any pros or cons on dueling. There can be no solutions either until we get that info on dueling but I wills still address the following.

Creating named games will no doubt increase lag. So D3 is not laggy enough as it is already. I say a big no to this idea.

Also having PvP without it being consensual is out of the question, that will kill what little of coop is left for the majority of players. If they have to love PvP to coop then some will take their games off of the public list.

Why the f#ck would creating named games increase lag? ..? I don't even know what to say to this.

And don't pretend you know anything about how public games work. They're all but dead. Botters flock there. I daresay having non-consensual pvp would actually HELP. At least we'd all have the pleasure of forcing bots to run solo. People don't run public games for efficiency, or because they need to. Why not liven things up?
Reply Quote

Why the f#ck would creating named games increase lag? ..? I don't even know what to say to this.

And don't pretend you know anything about how public games work. They're all but dead. Botters flock there. I daresay having non-consensual pvp would actually HELP. At least we'd all have the pleasure of forcing bots to run solo. People don't run public games for efficiency, or because they need to. Why not liven things up?

I play public games everyday, they are far from being dead and I rarely see any botters. But I will quit playing in Public Games if non-consensual PvP is implimented.
Reply Quote

More games than we have now equals more mobs, more mobs equals more computer resources needed to handle those games.

Also my brother plays public games and he does not bot. Also he has not notice anyone botting in the public games he plays. So non consensual PvP would chase my brother away from coop. Also I do not think that the majority of botters would be dumb enough to run in public games. I know that if I wanted to bot I would not run in a public game period.
Reply Quote
it will work as well as it can work...they need to just throw it in and say hey "you have an suggestion to make better, we are all ears". I think it can happen in a normal public game. it could be as simple as two (or more) players drop thier banners in a certain area or range of each other and its on ( after like a 5 sec timer or something)..if u didnt drop you banner your immune to friendly fire.
Edited by warbuckaz#1718 on 1/8/2013 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]