Diablo® III

MANY MONKS LOSE ABILITY TO DO UBERS W/1.0.7

I waited 5 months to try the build out to see if it would get nerfed.... well so back in december i decided to do it.... spent probly 200 mil in coin to do it and Now they decide to change it....
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:07 PMPosted by BubbaTom
I waited 5 months to try the build out to see if it would get nerfed.... well so back in december i decided to do it.... spent probly 200 mil in coin to do it and Now they decide to change it....

a couple sentences in the patch notes and you want to jump into wild speculation.

if you were gear swapping to use the snapshot mechanic, then this was clearly an exploit and not how the game is meant to be played. you were never meant to do ubers this way and i'm glad monks won't be able to cheat like this any more.

if you're simply complaining about the blinding flash or similar snapshotting, then wait and see what else happens. likely the buffs will more than make up for it. they're talking buffs for monks, not nerfs.
Reply Quote
ppl like this should just quit the game...
honestly, the game is better off without them

Try to be more encouraging of other monks. If someone is down, frustrated, or misunderstood try to take the time to help them. If that is beyond reasonable try to reserve your opinion of a person or statement.

Stay classy monks!
Reply Quote
How can you help them if they post on their sc2 profile and don't post a bnet or d3up link though? :/
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:07 PMPosted by BubbaTom

Try to be more specific. What is getting nerfed? What were you trying to do exactly? Is there a certain build you were going for? Unless you have inside secret info, then you're just talkin' out ur behindage...
Reply Quote
So far, the only confirmed nerf is the snapshot. So if you expected to keep your free ride with that exploit, then I don't feel bad for you.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:43 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
How can you help them if they post on their sc2 profile and don't post a bnet or d3up link though? :/

I've been ridiculed several times for posting on my D3 account so I don't blame them for not sharing their profile, but if this is just a thread to vent I see no issue there. We all need to vent sometimes. I've often resisted the urge to vent about the abilities of monks. We aren't perfect and I try to put myself in other's shoes a lot. Sometimes it helps other times it doesn't but if we go around just blabbering "You need to quit op" the game will surely deteriorate.

Doing what you said isn't always met with results either. I've posted d3up links and shared my profile and asked for advice and have still yet to receive much help at all. I get some worthwhile info from "academy" threads sometimes but that's it.
Edited by n0rain#1149 on 1/13/2013 12:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
well , at least d3 doesnt give u a 72 hour vacation +1 warning to your account :)
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:57 PMPosted by n0rain
I've been ridiculed several times for posting on my D3 account

Stop caring what people (you'll never meet in your entire life) think about your virtual items from a game on a website say man ;)
Reply Quote
ppl like this should just quit the game...
honestly, the game is better off without them

Try to be more encouraging of other monks. If someone is down, frustrated, or misunderstood try to take the time to help them. If that is beyond reasonable try to reserve your opinion of a person or statement.

Stay classy monks!

This is Diablo 3..
. Monks will be monks and only the best will survive.

TR or Die.
Reply Quote
I dont know what the big deal with snapshot was. I'm sure you guys have seen that youtube video of the guy spending 2.5mil on a Barb and running off to go do Mp10.

Why is it worse when a Monk does the same thing for like 10x the cost?
Reply Quote
I dont know what the big deal with snapshot was. I'm sure you guys have seen that youtube video of the guy spending 2.5mil on a Barb and running off to go do Mp10.

They don't have another STR class competing for gear. Realistically, snapshotting makes no sense. When a buff wears off, it shouldn't continue to stick to a continuous effect like SW. Does wearing crap exp gear but with a super DPS SW make sense? Of course not. You're just jealous that barbs can do well for "cheap."
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 01:00 AMPosted by c0ltron

if u have to ask :

1) its cos u dont play the same class as "F that Ler" jay

2) u play with the DH class
Reply Quote
The "exploiting" of SW often referred to involves using 3rd party programs to run macros to automate swapping whole sets of items. Thats why its worse :p
Reply Quote
They don't have another STR class competing for gear. Realistically, snapshotting makes no sense. When a buff wears off, it shouldn't continue to stick to a continuous effect like SW. Does wearing crap exp gear but with a super DPS SW make sense? Of course not. You're just jealous that barbs can do well for "cheap."

Im not jealous of anything lol. It's not like I cant go roll a Barb if I feel like it. That's a ridiculous statement.

I also dont like the way that snapshot works. It's tedious and riddled with literally the exact same problems that caused them to patch out MF gear swapping and add the Paragon system.

I'm not try to say "look how great this flawed thing is. best ever. A#1 Duke of New York"

I just think that after this long they should leave it alone. It's been there too long.
Reply Quote
if you legitimately thought/think monks were going to be able to cheat (and yes, that's what it is) with the gear swap snapshot mechanic forever, you're daft.
Reply Quote
being able to MP10 uber is something you need to have earned. it is supposed to be hard and challenging and take a team of good players who have taken the time and effort to build a good gear set, learn a good skill set, and have the experience to know how to work their build.

in my opinion it is already a bit too easy. to say you want to abuse a mechanic which makes what is supposed to be the hardest thing in the game become a cakewalk is ridiculous. if you don't want any challenges at all, go play MP0. sounds boring to me, but that's how you want to play the game.
Reply Quote
lol, i cant belive monk already qq'ing about the snapshot thingy. its something needs to be done and its not like blizz gonna stop nerfing it with some qq's.

p.s. before i used the snapshot, my monk can barely do mp10 and die a lot with 120k dps. now my barb with just around the same dps can facetank anything in mp10, lol. thats why you dont just play 1 class, you need to prepare for some nerfs. =D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]