Diablo® III

please add the ability to TURN OFF friend requests

If you want to add a great thing to the next patch how about the ability to turn off the friend requests, so that when I don't play for a week I don't have 12+ friend requests from <insert gold farming companies here>.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
View profile
This is a very good idea actually.
Reply Quote
Would be a very simple solution to the spamming friend request problem.

I lieks it.
Reply Quote
What I don't get is Blizzard's unwillingness to address this very simple solution. It would be nice to get some developer feedback via the CMs on what appears to be a very simple, elegant solution to an annoying problem.

I wonder if this is one of those things that will never get addressed because the CM won't send it up the chain, so the developers never hear about it since they don't read the forums.
Reply Quote
I logged in to +1 this
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Zuzax
I wonder if this is one of those things that will never get addressed because the CM won't send it up the chain, so the developers never hear about it since they don't read the forums.

That is so unlikely, thinking it could be true is being paranoid.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Goodbrew

I'm not implying a consipracy - "won't" and "unwillingness" were probably too strong a word choice on my part. Of all the broken things the CMs bring up to the developers, this probably doesn't rise high enough in the CM's prioritization to get the attention it deserves.

It's kind of like a squeaky chair - it annoys the hell out of everyone but seems too minor to put in a repair order for.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Zuzax

I'm not implying a consipracy - "won't" and "unwillingness" were probably too strong a word choice on my part. Of all the broken things the CMs bring up to the developers, this probably doesn't rise high enough in the CM's prioritization to get the attention it deserves.

It's kind of like a squeaky chair - it annoys the hell out of everyone but seems too minor to put in a repair order for.

I could understand if the squeaky chair were in someone's cubicle. But since this squeaky chair is in the lobby, annoying all customers, maybe they should take care of it.
Reply Quote
This post is win. +1,000,000 OP
Reply Quote
If you want to add a great thing to the next patch how about the ability to turn off the friend requests, so that when I don't play for a week I don't have 12+ friend requests from <insert gold farming companies here>.

Thanks!

your not even a big deal, you might need those requests because you suck

What? You might need to go back to school because your grammar sucks.
Reply Quote

It has been a regular complaint since launch, so I don't see it never coming up from the CM's. I'm not sure how the relationship between CM's and developers work, but I would assume that somebody with some power has been made aware of it.

I do share your cynicism though, although I project it elsewhere. In my mind, the developers are aware of the problem, but instead of fixing it are told by whoever is their boss, "The players will get over it. Lets put our effort into the console version."
Reply Quote
View profile
That would enrage them spammers and i am all up for that stuff when it comes to enrage spammers. >:)

- It will be a great benefit for the players, whoever can't comprehend this is clearly dumb, tolling or a spammer.
- Also it would lessen server load, even if by a small margin witch is always a good thing.
- If you want to add someone to your list you can always do that.

That's a no braner solution.

+1
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We’re definitely aware that friend requests from spammers are less than ideal, and we're currently working on some further improvements that should reduce the number of requests you encounter.
Reply Quote
That would enrage them spammers and i am all up for that stuff when it comes to enrage spammers. >:)

- It will be a great benefit for the players, whoever can't comprehend this is clearly dumb, tolling or a spammer.
- Also it would lessen server load, even if by a small margin witch is always a good thing.
- If you want to add someone to your list you can always do that.

+1

01/14/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Krystonosetz

01/14/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Krystonosetz
braner

;-)
Reply Quote
you should make a specific option, Block "Gold Seller", haha. it would be appropriate no?
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’re definitely aware that friend requests from spammers are less than ideal, and we're currently working on some further improvements that should reduce the number of requests you encounter.

And maybe also allow broadcasting messages like in SC2 and WoW?
Reply Quote
How about just limiting an accounts ability to send friend requests.... like a max of 10 per day? Way more than a human would need, but terribly inefficient for the spammers.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Vaeflare

We all know that you've answered just to show that new avatar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]