Diablo® III

please add the ability to TURN OFF friend requests

View profile
01/14/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’re definitely aware that friend requests from spammers are less than ideal, and we're currently working on some further improvements that should reduce the number of requests you encounter.

Y U change avatar? o_O
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
yes gold spammer suck
Reply Quote
Make all gold and gear account bound. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
Make all gold and gear account bound. Problem solved.

Go play another game if you want that.
Reply Quote
this is perfect, needs to be done
Reply Quote
"less than ideal"

turn off the boardroom-speak, plz. it's disgusting.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/14/2013 01:04 PMPosted by BurningJC007
We’re definitely aware that friend requests from spammers are less than ideal, and we're currently working on some further improvements that should reduce the number of requests you encounter.

Y U change avatar? o_O

We figured it was about time we shape-shift into something a bit more Diablo III-savvy. ;) I couldn't resist a black and white, tiger-striped, Champion Fallen Hound relaxing in the Dahlgur Oasis.

I'm fairly certain that my previous avatar is simply wearing a clever disguise.
Reply Quote
I agree with the idea of limiting the number of friend requests. Since gold spammers generally don't even enter games to friend us and tote their message maybe the limit could be specifically for new friend requests you havn't played in a game with...

Usually their names constitute random letterng. There may be a key filter algorythm in that as well. Example names include: YSDK ASB JHGVK JYFJTV UKUH IHKNUIV
Reply Quote
I agree to let us block friend requests or something to solve thise issue, give me the ability to click on someones name and 'allow friend request' option and then they can send me a request or something
Reply Quote
The core problem is the fact that some people actually get suckered in to buying gold from these companies. If they didn't generate business via friend requests, they wouldn't bother with friend requests. Shame on the third party gold buyers, whoever they are!
Reply Quote
Bliz I feel even a Command code for this would be okay..

/friendinvite OFF

or

/spammergodieinfire
Reply Quote

Is one of those improvements a button to turn off friend requests?
Reply Quote
reduce the number of requests? how about eliminate spam requests?
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 01:34 PMPosted by DaveTheSlayr
The core problem is the fact that some people actually get suckered in to buying gold from these companies. If they didn't generate business via friend requests, they wouldn't bother with friend requests. Shame on the third party gold buyers, whoever they are!

You are assuming that these gold sellers are "legit" and not just stealing accounts and/or money.
Reply Quote
any video previews or screenshots of the new patch? like what kind of stats the boa gear is going to have
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

"Some"

This guy just solved it with 1 idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]