Diablo® III

please add the ability to TURN OFF friend requests

I stopped playing for 2 months and when I returned I had roughly 100 friend requests from bots.
Reply Quote
could you guys also make the friends list bigger then it is? its always getting full and i have to delete ppl to add new ones
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Y U change avatar? o_O

We figured it was about time we shape-shift into something a bit more Diablo III-savvy. ;) I couldn't resist a black and white, tiger-striped, Champion Fallen Hound relaxing in the Dahlgur Oasis.

I'm fairly certain that my [url="http://www.wowpedia.org/Vaeflare"]previous avatar[/url] is simply wearing a [url="http://www.thatcutesite.com/uploads/2010/10/batman_cat.jpg"]clever disguise[/url].

the new avatar is sexy
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’re definitely aware that friend requests from spammers are less than ideal, and we're currently working on some further improvements that should reduce the number of requests you encounter.

Eliminate is a much better word (in this context) than reduce. Allowing us to turn off friend requests would eliminate such unsolicited requests instead of just reducing them.

Just give us that one option in 1.0.7 and then resume your 6-8 month development cycle on the rest of the "further improvements."
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
We’re definitely aware that friend requests from spammers are less than ideal, and we're currently working on some further improvements that should reduce the number of requests you encounter.

7 months in and you're only working on it, instead of actually having managed to implement a solution? Here's a pretty simple rule, if someone sends me a friend request, they're obviously selling gold because all of my friends quit playing back in July.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
Eliminate is a much better word (in this context) than reduce. Allowing us to turn off friend requests would eliminate such unsolicited requests instead of just reducing them.

Just give us that one option in 1.0.7 and then resume your 6-8 month development cycle on the rest of the "further improvements."

Like x1,000
Reply Quote
How about fight fire with fire:

Whoever sent a friend request will get a friend request stats update whenever they log in or exit a game just to tell them that the friend request they sent hasn't still accepted or rejected yet. So that it can annoy the !@#$ back to them. The more friend requests they sent, the more annoying spams of friend quest status update they will get, plus, they can't join any game or check auction house or send new friend quest until they read "You have sent a friend request to Insert_Random_Name, and still waiting for him/her to accept you. Do you want to stop your request? Yes / No." that message must be answer every single game or every log in AND you must run through the whole list of that every single time you attempt to add new friends while you are still waiting for others to add you.

*Also, add a cooldown timer to that too. And it'll increase if you attempt to add multiple friends to your list one after another... Just like the current resurrect timer.
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 1/15/2013 12:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you don't report those friend requests as spam, then YOU should be banned.

Is it really game breaking to receive (and subsequently report) a couple of goldsite spammers every day?

I, for one, get a sense of duty & accomplishment knowing I have done so.

How about we fix Rare/Champ packs that don't register in the achieves?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593742122#4
Reply Quote
hi.....wat?........happy
Reply Quote

by adding the ability to turn off friend requests? because nothing else will work, ever.
Reply Quote
How about fight fire with fire:

Whoever sent a friend request will get a friend request stats update whenever they log in or exit a game just to tell them that the friend request they sent hasn't still accepted or rejected yet. So that it can annoy the !@#$ back to them. The more friend requests they sent, the more annoying spams of friend quest status update they will get, plus, they can't join any game or check auction house or send new friend quest until they read "You have sent a friend request to Insert_Random_Name, and still waiting for him/her to accept you. Do you want to stop your request? Yes / No." that message must be answer every single game or every log in AND you must run through the whole list of that every single time you attempt to add new friends while you are still waiting for others to add you.

*Also, add a cooldown timer to that too. And it'll increase if you attempt to add multiple friends to your list one after another... Just like the current resurrect timer.

you just won the internet
Reply Quote
Appear Offline is also a must!
Reply Quote

So if this was a problem last year, why isn't it fixed yet? I Just got done reporting 24 friend request, this is stupid!
Reply Quote
Totally legit necro really. I too would know why we don't have this yet. It sadly looks like it's not coming soon which really disappoints me as I've had to deal with around five spammers a day for a few months.
Reply Quote
12/31/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Zenkai

So if this was a problem last year, why isn't it fixed yet? I Just got done reporting 24 friend request, this is stupid!

Blizzard is waiting to release this new ground-breaking feature 2 expansions from now and in patch 4.0.

Also, rumor has it that in patch 5.0 (ETA year 2024) we'll finally get the ability to create/join games again!

Don't worry guys. Soon. Very soon.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I just use the add on BadBoy, yes I know these do not work in D3, so as soon as I log into WoW it cleans those up for me. I would not mind an ignore friends request for both games, sounds easy enough to add but I am no programmer.
Reply Quote
The responsibility to add the toggle is on Blizzard, don't take it out on bots that won't even be affected by it. File it as harassment, which is exactly what it is, and when Blizzard is annoyed by the harassment tickets as we are annoyed by the harassment invites, they'll take an hour to fix it.

For reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRh1CMC3OVw
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]