Diablo® III

Balanced IAS Monk - Finally, the BIG piece.

I've been building an IAS/CC balanced monk for a very long time and now I need the BIG piece

Hoping to find a Dex Mempo with 5cc and 9ias if anyone has one for sale add me plz.

5k armor - 800AR - 40khp - 157k dps(unbuffed) - 3.21APS(without mempo) - 44% CHC

-#1 NA perfect speed Dex/os Echoing Fury
-#1 NA 1.65+aps Dex/ls/os dagger over 1k dps

EDPS ratio over 11:1

Inbound monk/ Gem changes make me smile.

What you guys think?
Edited by Solo#1906 on 1/15/2013 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Very nice monk dude. Nice resist but a little low on vit. I'm surprised you're not utilizing some sort of LOH with that amount of IAS.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 1/15/2013 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Very cool. You realize the Mempo could quite possibly lower you DPS and defenses? But I love the concept and the willingness to go to extremes for your build, though.

...No Blazing Fists?
Reply Quote
Don't need it anymore, so many cyclones. Have some LOH for PvP but PVE requires life steal due to reflect, once my cyclones come out I die instantly without life steal and theirs only so much choice for stats, this has been my biggest challenge building for this much APS, simply getting the right stats where as IAS legendaries only have so many rolls.
Reply Quote
Blazing fists is a net EDPS loss (substatially so) although looks better on paper.

CC Mempo increases my EDPS ratio(substantially) and at 5CC+ it keeps my sheet dps about the same. You're correct about the EHP loss, but only 45 or so resistance, I'll correct this with a proper Vile Ward, the one I'm using I found.
Reply Quote
I like your monk a lot :) was thinking of building exactly that monk when I heard about red gem weapon buff in 1.07
Reply Quote
View profile
We are cut from the same cloth. My first gearing choices all involved IAS and I wanted to max it out when the game first started unfortunately Daggers with 1000+DPS with the desired stats where out of my range back then and with all the new things going on with Set Items I never looked back. Awesome build though much props.

Check out my Mempo on my character its yours if the price is right. Keep on truckin!
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Wittster
I like your monk a lot :) was thinking of building exactly that monk when I heard about red gem weapon buff in 1.07

Thanks man,

I hope the changes work out in my favor. Red Gems + SW buff may throw my SW damage completely through the roof, but this depends on how the new Rubies turn out.
Reply Quote
We are cut from the same cloth. My first gearing choices all involved IAS and I wanted to max it out when the game first started unfortunately Daggers with 1000+DPS with the desired stats where out of my range back then and with all the new things going on with Set Items I never looked back. Awesome build though much props.

Check out my Mempo on my character its yours if the price is right. Keep on truckin!

Thanks,

Such daggers are even rarer than I thought according to Diablo progress atleast, I think there are 5-6 in NA similar ones over 1k dps total, no other with 3% life steal tho.

Your Mempo fits the bill - 950m tax free IGG - Saw 2 in AH similar go for 1-1.1b this week.
Edited by Solo#1906 on 1/15/2013 11:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
have you ever looked into Zunimassa's Journey? Might lose too much EHP though... just a though for attack speed though
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Tarzan
have you ever looked into Zunimassa's Journey? Might lose too much EHP though... just a though for attack speed though

Yep, I own a decent pair. Definately a EHP loss and currently a 300 or so dps loss but very fun to play with, a good swap out piece with Blackthorne pants too *wink*
Reply Quote
View profile
Solo add me and we will talk tonight. The helm may be yours man...
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 11:30 AMPosted by CaptainCarl
Solo add me and we will talk tonight. The helm may be yours man...

Will do. I'll be on this evening.
Reply Quote
So I found my 9ias 5cc Dex Mempo in the AH @ 1d12h for 800m buyout about 2am last night. At first I thought I was hallucinating from playing too much PvP which is fun as heck IMO.

Thanks CaptainCarl for offering yours.
Reply Quote
View profile
Nice grab!! Have fun running with it! Now you're even faster!
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 1/16/2013 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 07:24 AMPosted by CaptainCarl
Nice grab!! Have fun running with it! Now you're even faster!

Still pumped about it and having loads of fun. Sitting pretty at 3.36aps now and 158k dps.

Pssst. APS is OP in PVP :D
Reply Quote
Blazing fists is a net EDPS loss (substatially so) although looks better on paper.

Not for grinding. Crippling Wave and WotHF do substantial amount of more damage because they hit more mobs with 110-143% AoE vs. FoT-Thunderclap's 35% and 145%.

Food for thought. Biggest kept secret is the AoE/range of Crippling Wave/WotHF. Ever since they buffed the spirit generation to catch up to FoT... Crippling Wave and WotHF are very viable with grinding and are more DPS for most builds though a lower proc rate.
Reply Quote

Not for grinding. Crippling Wave and WotHF do substantial amount of more damage because they hit more mobs with 110-143% AoE vs. FoT-Thunderclap's 35% and 145%.

Food for thought. Biggest kept secret is the AoE/range of Crippling Wave/WotHF. Ever since they buffed the spirit generation to catch up to FoT... Crippling Wave and WotHF are very viable with grinding and are more DPS for most builds though a lower proc rate.

I can appreciate what you're saying but this truely is not the case, Thunderclap is still leading by a large margin, even grinding.

Now something that I think really helps thunderclap, especially at my attack speed is having it on your right mouse button which allows you to NEVER need to click it and have you auto-home in on targets. Stuff happens so fast when I'm playing on my monk and this one thing alone adds much dps I'm sure. Combine the teleporting and auto-homing on targets with sweeping wind procing more cyclones than you can count and you might start to get the picture.

Add me if you wanna see me in action.
Edited by Solo#1906 on 1/17/2013 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Heh I actually started making a spreadsheet yesterday to start building almost exactly this setup (except a stun-lock build using Sledge instead of the dagger).

Do you think it's possible to build something along similar lines that will work in mp10 for about 500mil?
Reply Quote
Have you tried soloing mp10 ghom with no follower? how long does it take you to kill him?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]