Diablo® III

Starter Edition Bug (Physical Game Edition)

I know there is already a thread about this issue, however everyone posting in it seems to be having the issue in relation to a digital purchase. I purchased the physical game in a box, from a store for the standard price. I input the correct CD key, yet I am stuck with the "Starter Edition" for whatever reason.

Apparently Blizzard is doing next to nothing(or literally nothing) to address this rather prevalent and absolutely ridiculous issue. This is legitimate thievery on their part - stealing my money. They might not have had the intent to steal, but that isn't the deciding factor, if they fail to come up with the goods I paid for and are completely neglectful of the situation, it becomes theft at that point.

I am going to phone the police if the issue is not resolved within a week.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Posting here will not help you nor would calling the police. They would simply tell you to deal with Blizzard or the store you bought it from. Forum support agents will tell you to submit a ticket which is the appropriate way to resolve this. Threats really do not do anything around here so it is best not to make them. It will not change the process you have to go through or the support you get.

So...have you submitted a ticket? From the ticket menu

-Select Battle.net as the product.
-From the pre-defined topics select "I have an issue with a purchase or payment"
- Details "I have an issue not listed here".

From there it will let you open a ticket where you can give the details of your issue. Include your Game Key when you submit the ticket. If by chance the ticket system feels a phone call to Billing is appropriate (and they are open), the phone support button will also light up. If not, just submit the ticket and they will get to it within 24-48 hours.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the response. It turns out the joke is on me. I purchased Diablo 3 a long time ago, and registered it to this account - "snilfgoon". However I did not have the hardware to play the game at that time, it was way too laggy. A year later I bought a new computer, installed it, created a battlenet account - "LoonzeeQuad" - registered it to that account and tried playing it. Of course it gave me the starter edition because the standard edition was registered to this old account which I'd forgotten about. Now I happen to have two accounts, one with SC2 and one with D3. Sort of weird but at least I figured it out! So happy to be able to play the game!!
Reply Quote
I love how corporations can steal money though without any repercussions, that's hilarious. I should start a company called thievery incorporated and just mug people on the street. When the police come I'll tell that its a company issue, and they need to phone billing or something. Ha ha ha, no responsibility what so ever.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
01/20/2013 05:07 AMPosted by snilfgoon
Thank you for the response. It turns out the joke is on me. I purchased Diablo 3 a long time ago, and registered it to this account - "snilfgoon". However I did not have the hardware to play the game at that time, it was way too laggy. A year later I bought a new computer, installed it, created a battlenet account - "LoonzeeQuad" - registered it to that account and tried playing it. Of course it gave me the starter edition because the standard edition was registered to this old account which I'd forgotten about. Now I happen to have two accounts, one with SC2 and one with D3. Sort of weird but at least I figured it out! So happy to be able to play the game!!

01/20/2013 05:09 AMPosted by snilfgoon
I love how corporations can steal money though without any repercussions, that's hilarious. I should start a company called thievery incorporated and just mug people on the street. When the police come I'll tell that its a company issue, and they need to phone billing or something. Ha ha ha, no responsibility what so ever.

What in the world are you talking about? You purchased the game and it was correctly applied to a battle.net account. Nobody stole anything from you. The reason I said the police won't get involved, is because you purchased a physical game box...and got the game box. Defects with software (such as a key not working) is not something police get involved with. They will send you back to the company to resolve the issue, which in this case turned out to be a memory error on your part.
Reply Quote
I purchased the game via Annual Pass/WoW Promo and have been locked in the starter edition. I have a level 58 barb that shows on battle.net but does not show up when I log into D3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]