Diablo® III

Upgrade advice.

Hey all. I'm looking for opinions on what I should try to upgrade. I'm happy with where my damage is, but my weapons are a little low base dmg. I think my biggest problem is my lack of resists. I'm sitting at 498 buffed. Should I upgrade my pants first, or maybe ditch the Lacunis in favor of traditional str/vit/ar/crit bracers? I really don't wanna lose that movespeed though. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Hey Jere, looking at your profile I don't think you're in your normal setup, I see a shield and whatnot, but I'll give my 2cents on what I do see.

Although at 498 resists, thats not GREAT, its also not at all bad. In all honesty, 500-600 can do up to mp8 if you have the dps/lifesteal and build for it, as well as other means of survival, which brings me to....

What spec are you? :P

For most barbs later on, Lifesteal is key to survival, the more dps you have, the more efficient life steal is. I know you say you're happy with your dps, but in alot of cases, dps is survival when paired with lifesteal, not to mention stuff dying faster so you take less damage.

First thing I noticed in that aspect is that neither your rings, nor your amulet have any crit chance on them. I would drop all three of them and pick up three pieces with Crit chance, STR, and your choice of IAS or Crit damage. of course if you can afford all 4 of those together, more power to you. say you get 4% from each ring and 8% from your neck thats a crit chance upgrade of 16%, pretty huge, and shouldn't at all be expensive unless you go for the "trifecta" pieces.

After that I noticed your chest, no AR, and very little vitality. I would honestly look for a chest with HIGH vit, AR, and as much str as you can afford. The two pieces that can roll the highest amount of vitality are pants and legs, so those spots are generally the two places you want to focus on that, it'll allow you wiggle room elsewhere. Really sucks when you get an awesome upgrade, throw it on, and notice you only have 20k hp now haha. Blackthorns are usually good pieces for this, however of course rares will do.

Could use some shoulders with AR, you'll have to sacrafice str and vit to afford it.

I see you said something about lacunis but I dont' see you wearing them. In all honesty, personal preference (and if you're main WW, almost necessary) I would always aim for 24% run speed. Generally I'd recommend keeping the lacunis because they're the only bracers capable of having IAS and crit chance, but I can't see the stats on yours to say that for sure.

That should set you on the right path, of course any additional questions you may have these forums are brilliant for that (though I see yours went unanswered for a while, otherwise I would have let a more experienced/pro barb answer). If you have any further questions for me, add me in game Sparkedflint #1875 I could very well have some upgrades for you lying around in my stash too.
Reply Quote
Hey Jere, looking at your profile I don't think you're in your normal setup, I see a shield and whatnot, but I'll give my 2cents on what I do see.

Although at 498 resists, thats not GREAT, its also not at all bad. In all honesty, 500-600 can do up to mp8 if you have the dps/lifesteal and build for it, as well as other means of survival, which brings me to....

What spec are you? :P

For most barbs later on, Lifesteal is key to survival, the more dps you have, the more efficient life steal is. I know you say you're happy with your dps, but in alot of cases, dps is survival when paired with lifesteal, not to mention stuff dying faster so you take less damage.

First thing I noticed in that aspect is that neither your rings, nor your amulet have any crit chance on them. I would drop all three of them and pick up three pieces with Crit chance, STR, and your choice of IAS or Crit damage. of course if you can afford all 4 of those together, more power to you. say you get 4% from each ring and 8% from your neck thats a crit chance upgrade of 16%, pretty huge, and shouldn't at all be expensive unless you go for the "trifecta" pieces.

After that I noticed your chest, no AR, and very little vitality. I would honestly look for a chest with HIGH vit, AR, and as much str as you can afford. The two pieces that can roll the highest amount of vitality are pants and legs, so those spots are generally the two places you want to focus on that, it'll allow you wiggle room elsewhere. Really sucks when you get an awesome upgrade, throw it on, and notice you only have 20k hp now haha. Blackthorns are usually good pieces for this, however of course rares will do.

Could use some shoulders with AR, you'll have to sacrafice str and vit to afford it.

I see you said something about lacunis but I dont' see you wearing them. In all honesty, personal preference (and if you're main WW, almost necessary) I would always aim for 24% run speed. Generally I'd recommend keeping the lacunis because they're the only bracers capable of having IAS and crit chance, but I can't see the stats on yours to say that for sure.

That should set you on the right path, of course any additional questions you may have these forums are brilliant for that (though I see yours went unanswered for a while, otherwise I would have let a more experienced/pro barb answer). If you have any further questions for me, add me in game Sparkedflint #1875 I could very well have some upgrades for you lying around in my stash too.

I'm fairly certain that the reason he's using a shield is because he doesn't want to die in HC.
Reply Quote
Ah well there you go! I guess I should pay more attention, I did not notice the Hardcore :P

INFACT, pretty much disregard everything I previously said... I now see you have two barbs, and your SC one does have the crit pieces lol. My bad!
Edited by Sparkedflint#1875 on 1/10/2013 11:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm sorry, that was my mistake. I really should have specified. Yea, I'm talking about the SC Barb. :) I really appreciate you taking the time to write all that out though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]